Huey Performance

Shibbyland

Hi All,

I'm doing Argo mission 3.

I have two problems.

1) The sling load swings like mad above 60kts. I've seen videos of others carrying a stable load at 100kts so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I get to the objective by repeatedly slowing down, steadying the load and carrying on.

2) By the time I've dropped the ammunition and marines off I no longer have enough power left to climb away. It's like the engine is deteriorating throughout the mission so I can't do the target practice because it just won't get off the ground anymore. It's almost like the weight doesn't reduce once I've dropped the slingload off. I'm running the engines within the green during slingload (except to actually get it off the ground and get moving).

Tips please

Issue #2 may relate to cumulative engine degradation do to the currently modelled EGT limitations.

See OP here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196588

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

No.1 piomost likely cause

No2 if you have the eggs to high it will deteriorate the motor. It’s a wip with the programmers you have to use just enough collective to stay in the air at this point they have a plan or two that I have read to ease the problem some that have patched the egts settings once since they emplimented the egt recorses they plan to change the engine formula so below x thousand feet the main condition is torque and above the mark the egts will play a great role as in real life from what I read recently.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

90kts is a good cruise speed in the huey.

60kts is your best climbing speed.

the video of people with sling loads and doing over 100kts.. probably from before they added engine damage.

with door gunners, minin guns and a sling load. 70kts will be pushing it.

and you will need to cook the engine. landing the load and getting it moving.

so those are the two critical points for the engine.

your crew chief will tell you when the load is swinging. to stop it you need to drop the collective slightly when it reaches the end of its swing arc. and repeat when it swings back the other way. you can feel it in the cyclic when it reaches the end of its swing.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

I had this strange behaviour two times in the Argo campaign: on mission 2 after landing st the hospital and right at the start of mission 6 after landing the first time.

No power loss before landing but when I tried to take off again I was stuck. When reflying the missions everything worked perfectly.

I think there might be a bug with calculating the chopper weight after a disembark or unhook on he ground.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

For 1) I havent tried slingload in DCS but in real life the load determins the possible speed.

A really heavy but small volume load can in almost every case be flown to the maximum slingload speed. Lighter loads with more volume or area or those with stuff causing aerodynamic effects may sometimes limit the max possible( or max comfortable) speed to very low numbers.

Was the slingload the same?

If it was the same, PIO might be the case. A 30 degree banked turn should recenter the load. If the speed is t to high for the losd it should fly well after the turn.

[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb pro, Pimax 8KX] 🙂

[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37, F-14, F-18, FC3, A-10 Warthog II and a few more ]

i9 13900KF@5.8/32Gb DDR5@6400/ Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4090, ASUS STRIX Z790-F , 2Tb m2 NVMe