DCS won't update?

Do a repair and you should be good. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

When I try to apply the update the download hangs and stays at 335.8 of 2621.5? Why won't it continue to download? Thank you!

Maybe that's there haven't been ANY updates to the release version? please refer to the title of this thread; "Release Version Bugs and Problems"

Edited by Balzarog
Additional Info.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Can anyone tell me where I can find which version (both Open beta and Release) is the current one? I suspect that my updater is not working but I am not sure. It would be nice if there were an easy way to keep track of updates.

Thanks and best regards,

Stickshaker

• ED Team

check your version number here

http://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

you can download and replace the updater if you are having problems, at the bottom

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

updated updater is causing problems

I updated my DCS (automatically) but first it updated the updater and now, even though I have internet speeds of 100 MB p/s, the updater downloads a 0.7 MB p/s. after two hours it tells you to try again later. This has happened 5 times already including trying to do a repair. What do I need to do to get an up date and download the latest?

I have the same issue and I think at least for me that it's because I live in Qatar and they block torrents. If I go and use a VPN it solves the issue and downloads the update.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XI Z390 - I9 9900k 5.0Ghz - Samsung EVO 960 - Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Gb - eVGA Geforce 2080Ti FTW3

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to install the game (not update, brand new install) for a couple days now. The first updater, the 24.4G one, downloads and updates. The second one, around 6.2G, just runs until it times out - I have let it go on torrent until it dies, generally says something like "8500 of 6217.8 MBytes" and the DL Size is around 3000 MBytes when it croaks. I've also tried it by cancelling and switching to the HTTPS download, that has not yet been successful either. I'm currently trying the HTTPS download again - currently it shows "650 of 6218.7 MBytes" above the bar, and "DL Size: 222.6 MBytes DL Rate: 1.0 MB/s" below.

I am on gigabit cable (not fiber yet) and speedtest generally shows my download speed around 7-800.

Any thoughts? Is there a download or different torrent I can use to get the updater files? I typically have no download issues.

I have been trying to install the game (not update, brand new install) for a couple days now. The first updater, the 24.4G one, downloads and updates. The second one, around 6.2G, just runs until it times out - I have let it go on torrent until it dies, generally says something like "8500 of 6217.8 MBytes" and the DL Size is around 3000 MBytes when it croaks. I've also tried it by cancelling and switching to the HTTPS download, that has not yet been successful either. I'm currently trying the HTTPS download again - currently it shows "650 of 6218.7 MBytes" above the bar, and "DL Size: 222.6 MBytes DL Rate: 1.0 MB/s" below.

I am on gigabit cable (not fiber yet) and speedtest generally shows my download speed around 7-800.

Any thoughts? Is there a download or different torrent I can use to get the updater files? I typically have no download issues.

And it just died again. :(

"Server capacity may be limited at the moment. Please try again later."

I don't know what else to do to get this to work.

From the logfile:

INFO : Using HTTP/2

ERROR: size mismatch: got only 2591456440 out of 6218722360 bytes for Mods/terrains/Caucasus/Surface/Caucasus.surface5

INFO : Retrying...

ERROR: size mismatch: got only 2590915550 out of 6218722360 bytes for Mods/terrains/Caucasus/Surface/Caucasus.surface5

ERROR: size mismatch: got only 2590915550 out of 6218722360 bytes for Mods/terrains/Caucasus/Surface/Caucasus.surface5

ERROR: 4 connection fails

INFO : Kill timer set to 30 seconds...

INFO : Torrents have been shutdown in time.

INFO : Kill timer reset.

ERROR: Server capacity may be limited at the moment. Please, try again later.

=== Log closed.

Figured it out - the updater from this page, https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/stable/ doesn't work (for me.)

http://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ - on this page, downloading this newer version of the updater worked

http://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/files/DCS_updater_64bit.zip

Maybe this will help someone else.

Thanks Krel but did not help me.

I am new to DCS and am attempting the installation of the Beta.

While the Beta does install, I haven't seen it yet as it attempts to update first.

The torrents download works for a small time (2-3 mins) and then freezes. Any attempt to switch to HTTP results in a complete freeze as reported elsewhere in the Forum. Requires reboot to clear.

I am using the cfg file to bypass torrents to go to http.

That http download speed will take over 12 hrs!!

Torrents just does not seem to be working.

Is there anything that can be done here?

I have purchased the Huey and F-86 and haven't seen a DCS screen yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jock