caution & advisory lights panel (front cockpit) missing explanation in the manual

Leviathan667

Hi,

Today, at the end of the tenth mission of the Kursant campaign, on my way back to Maykop, a

light lit up on the caution & advisory panel (see pic). It's in russian so I could not interpret it and the manual, p. 110, does not show that this light can be lit.

Does anyone know what it is about?

Caution_advisory_panel_unknown_light.JPG.6427e6da08e1b92c7faf81a728d98ead.JPG

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

Hi,

Today, at the end of the tenth mission of the Kursant campaign, on my way back to Maykop, a

light lit up on the caution & advisory panel (see pic). It's in russian so I could not interpret it and the manual, p. 110, does not show that this light can be lit.

Does anyone know what it is about?

Navigation system in L-39 is based on RSBN stations. In default navigational mode it points to the choosen station, giving bearing and distance. Next mode (used from approx. 70 km away) is descent mode - it takes you down to around 200 meters altitude and around 25 km from the runway treshold, while avoiding any terrain obstacles. At this point you have to manually change it to landing mode, that takes you to the runway treshold, in manner similar to ILS. You can say that if navigational mode is similar to TACAN, landing - to ILS, descend mode is something in between, taking you to the ILS initial point.

The light you mentioned marks the end of the descent path, and shows when to switch to landing mode.

Hope it helps! :)

Edited by Fairey Gannet
Typos.
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your answers.

Fairey, when you say in descent mode it's take me to around 200m AGL and 25 km from the runway, it seems a bit low, isn't it? In light of the fact that landing procedures the plane starting at 600m AGL?

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,