Syria Map early access is open!

MAESTR0

For people moaning about open beta only, I wish they'd done a lot more optimisation on poor FPS in texture-rich areas for the channel map before releasing it, I bought it and its not really flyable in MP, its ok in SP as long as you stay away from the built up areas. Hardly used it since buying - waiting for some big optimisation. Everyone has free choice to go stable or OB.

Nobody is 'moaning'. Forcing people to go open beta who don't play MP (the VAST majority of players btw) is annoying, especially after the sh*tshow of the open beta a few months ago. I DON'T have a choice if I want to play the new map I paid for either, I have to get open beta.

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

The problem is that it gets thrown in with the 200 other fixes they make to everything else.

My thoughts exactly. Surely it would actually be advantageous to release a new module or terrain into a stable branch so you know everything else is good and you only have to identify the bugs in the new module or terrain. But, I'm not a coder or software producer so could be way off the mark. Just seems logical is all.

I'm not complaining, just questioning the current logic that inevitably makes the masses always go with open beta, often resulting in problems of one sort or another. Impossible to avoid all problems altogether I know, but one can't help feeling they could be reduced with a different approach.

Here's an interesting perspective on the matter for anyone interested enough to read it.

Posted by SHAMROCKONEFIVE on Stormbirds Flight Sim News site.

https://stormbirds.blog/2020/06/10/is-it-time-to-rethink-dcs-worlds-release-structure/

• 4 weeks later...
I could not land on the helipad of Saint George's Hospital in Beirut

Already reported

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=284473

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Oh and welcome to the forum jadaz! :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH