DCS: de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito FB Mk VI Discussion

msalama

Purchased

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

My thoughts:

Positive:

That 3d Model!!! 🤪

Sounds pretty good 🙂

That cockpit! 🥴

Roundel proportions fixed at last.... thanks guys! 🤘

Can't wait!

Negative: (nitpicky)

Roundel and insignia colours not quite right still... need to be a different tone and hue.

American stencil font used on serial and squadron codes.... should be RAF types

Overall, really looking forward to clambering in the Wooden Wonder and spending my time dodging all manner of flora, fauna, clothes lines and external privies! 

• Like 1

I've been researching an hour now and cant find what im looking for so im hoping one of you ladies and gents can help me 🙂 
In this version of the mossie was the co pilot a bombardier as well ? Im interested because she is supposed to be multi crew in dcs 
Thanks guys if you can help 🙂

PS 

At this rate dcs is going to bankrupt me a mossie and heatblur doing the euro fighter with TruGrit 😮 

Edited by MartynJ2914

9 minutes ago, MartynJ2914 said:

I've been researching an hour now and cant find what im looking for so im hoping one of you ladies and gents can help me 🙂 
In this version of the mossie was the co pilot a bombardier as well ? Im interested because she is supposed to be multi crew in dcs 
Thanks guys if you can help 🙂

PS 

At this rate dcs is going to bankrupt me a mossie and heatblur doing the euro fighter with TruGrit 😮 

Navigator only in this version

:gun_sniper:

Edited by iFoxRomeo
  • Like 1
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

52 minutes ago, Beirut said:

Waiting for it to show up on Steam. I've had Mosquito money sitting in my Steam wallet for months, wanted to be ready a for quick click. :thumbup:

It's already available in Steam. You need to search for "DCS: Mosquito".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, xoomigo said:

It's already available in Steam. You need to search for "DCS: Mosquito".

You are correct, it was buried down in the list with the campaigns and stuff. Usually new stuff is near the top.

Bought and paid for, but it doesn't come out for a month! :cry_2:

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Can anyone enlighten me on Mosquito exhausts???

The 10 saxophone exhausts on the FB.VI struck me as odd on a 12-cyl engine…

A quick look through photo-refs suggest the unshrouded B-models have 6 per side and the FB-models 5 per side

2 hours ago, rkk01 said:

The red spinner / D-Day stripes one also looks amazing - is that one of the airworthy Mossies…???

Vid going live now…

2 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

A quick look through photo-refs suggest the unshrouded B-models have 6 per side and the FB-models 5 per side

10 stacks = single stage Merlin (i.e. 21/23/25)

12 stacks = two stage Merlin (i.e. 72/73 or 76/77)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

.....And here's another one for your delectation Gentlemen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

56 minutes ago, Basco1 said:

.....And here's another one for your delectation Gentlemen.

Brilliant video, I cranked the volume right up and enjoyed it immensely. That classic Merlin crackle when it landed was just music to my ears! Great cockpit footage too. Thanks for posting this, not seen this one before.

What a machine.

Edited by bart
  • Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

16 hours ago, rkk01 said:

The two rear-most cylinders share the same exhaust stack.

MosquitoMerlin.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bart said:

Brilliant video, I cranked the volume right up and enjoyed it immensely. That classic Merlin crackle when it landed was just music to my ears! Great cockpit footage too. Thanks for posting this, not seen this one before.

What a machine.

The Spit already has the pops and bangs when you throttle back, so hopefully the Mosquito will as well.

• Like 1

The initial shot shows a pilot and navigator, but all the other shots that I could notice show only the pilot and an empty seat next to him.

Shots taken at different development stages?

Awesome vid by the way! Very well put together. Hat off to whoever made it.

• Like 2

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

7 hours ago, Bozon said:

The initial shot shows a pilot and navigator, but all the other shots that I could notice show only the pilot and an empty seat next to him.

Shots taken at different development stages?

Awesome vid by the way! Very well put together. Hat off to whoever made it.

There are also shots from the navigators seat - so I thought maybe they're only there in MP if someone takes the position, but at about 1:01 - 1:02 there are 2 aircraft flying in formation, both with navigators.

• Like 1

Cheers.

2 hours ago, Weta43 said:

There are also shots from the navigators seat - so I thought maybe they're only there in MP if someone takes the position, but at about 1:01 - 1:02 there are 2 aircraft flying in formation, both with navigators.

I was thinking the same......I do hope we get a Navigator to compliment the overall Mossie set up,the new external model looks superb IMHO,it was obviously worth the extra wait,ED has done a superb job.

Edited by Basco1
  • Like 4

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home