Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

• 1 month later...

Hi.

Using latest version of MIST and CTLD, with real sling enabled.

Had to turn the ctld.forceCrateToBeMoved to FALSE because the script wasn't detecting the sling transport. Even when moving the crates to 10+ km, we had the message "Sorry you must move this crate before you unpack it!"

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

• 1 month later...

Many servers use CTLD to put JTACs up in the air over targeted airfields.

I want to use these while flying the AH-64D to fire laser guided AGM-114K Hellfire missiles in LOAL mode (Lock On After Launch). For this to work, however, the Apache must be facing the lazed target almost exactly--within something like a 4° cone, otherwise the Hellfire won't find the Lazed target.

I know I can read the F10 Other -> JTAC Status display to get the target unit type and the coordinates, but that can mean going through a while number of units on the F10 map to find the one with the exact same coordinates, which can be a very daunting task while flying a twitchy helicopter which doesn't have hover control and tends to like to tip over while landing if the ground isn't perfectly flat and horizontal.

The most ideal solution would be if I could press a button to get the unit added as a Control Measure and the Cxx number posted that I can select it as and Acquisition Source, or if already in the COORD database, just post the Cxx number so that I can select it as the ACQ. I mean that are probably a hundred ways it could be done better than sitting on the F10 map and comparing MGRS numbers. I mean, just getting the targets MGRS number into something I can copy into the Scratchpad would be a huge improvement.

Any help would be appreaciated.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a list somewhere with all the unit names ?
For example, I want to adjust the spawnable crates so that I can build a bofors gun instead of the avenger (and some other things) but I can´t find the correct names anywhere. The unit names from within the editor don´t work and will spawn a leopard 2 instead...

Also, is there an option somewhere to make vehicles placed by CTLD to be drivable by players ?

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning Guys

Just a simple question, is it mandatory to have the DCS-Simpletexttospeech.lua to set up a JTAC with Ctld cause y would love to avoid the black cmd windows popping up. I did set it up with SRS for a mission for a dedicated server is fine but for single player you get this windows all the time.

Thanks for the help.

Absolutely not. You just set the unit(s) name(s) and frequencies and anything else I'm forgetting and it works. At mission start you get an on-screen message that the JTAC unit has taken up service, and if it has a target, it will tell you the type (T-72, SA-8, whatever) and if the status changes it well be reported. From the moment the message is posted, the JTAC is lazing.

The only issue I know, is that the JTAC tends to lag behind moving targets, which can be a problem if the targets are fast.

• Thanks 1

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Could it be then its loading a script from before cause I get this message all the time:

With this line below, plus loading ctld y get all this error and the image error:

ctld.JTACAutoLase('JTAC1', 1688, false,"all")

2023-10-02 15:43:17.377 INFO    SCRIPTING (Main):  D - CTLD - ctld.JTACAutoLase(_jtacGroupName=JTAC1, _laserCode=1688
2023-10-02 15:43:17.377 INFO    SCRIPTING (Main):  T - CTLD - _laserB=6
2023-10-02 15:43:17.377 INFO    SCRIPTING (Main):  T - CTLD - _laserCD=88
2023-10-02 15:43:17.377 INFO    SCRIPTING (Main):  T - CTLD - _frequency=40.4
2023-10-02 15:43:17.377 INFO    SCRIPTING (Main):  D - CTLD - ctld.notifyCoalition(_message=JTAC1, lasing new target, Sandbox. CODE: 1688. POSITION:  @ 41 50.574'N  41 47.491'E - MGRS 37T GG 31765 36101)
2023-10-02 15:43:17.377 INFO    SCRIPTING (Main):  T - CTLD - _radio=
 .freq=40.4
 .name=JTAC1
 .mod=fm
2023-10-02 15:43:17.377 INFO    SCRIPTING (Main):  T - CTLD - calling STTS.TextToSpeech(JTAC1, lasing new target, Sandbox)
2023-10-02 15:43:17.377 INFO    SCRIPTING (Main):  T - CTLD - _freq=40.4
2023-10-02 15:43:17.377 INFO    SCRIPTING (Main):  T - CTLD - _modulation=fm
2023-10-02 15:43:17.377 INFO    SCRIPTING (Main):  T - CTLD - _volume=1.0
2023-10-02 15:43:17.377 INFO    SCRIPTING (Main):  T - CTLD - _name=JTAC1
2023-10-02 15:43:17.377 INFO    SCRIPTING (Main):  T - CTLD - _gender=male
2023-10-02 15:43:17.377 INFO    SCRIPTING (Main):  T - CTLD - _culture=en-US
2023-10-02 15:43:17.377 INFO    SCRIPTING (Main):  T - CTLD - _voice=[nil]
2023-10-02 15:43:17.377 INFO    SCRIPTING (Main):  T - CTLD - _googleTTS=[false]

null

But with only this like in the documentation y get the radio menu, with JTAC status but says its not active:

JTACAutoLase('JTAC1', 1688, false,"all")

image.png

For example this mission I made new it works: TEST-JTAC.miz

Why is this mission of mine keeps asking for SRS when I dont call it? Is there some type of cache or log or something that could be bugged?

The other is the mission I get the error.

This is the difference between the 2 logs:LOG ERROR.lua

Academia-Caucaso-Range-SIN-ATIS.miz

Edited by negrete

You're getting all over the place now.

If JTAC-Test Academia-Caucaso-Range-SIN-ATIS.miz is the mission with the JTAC issues, the JTAC call is missing all of the information.

I noted that some of the many lua scripts you are loading may be calling SRS. I'm very bad at lua so I'm not going to try to debug anything--just a waist of time on my part.

Look into the scripts you are using and their requirements.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Hi captain

None of the scripts in the mission call SRS, I have a version for dedicated server with voice and SRS that works perfectly but cannot be played in single player due to the CMD windows popping up.

This version, if I only eliminate this call to the JTAC script works no problem at all, and SRS is not need nor present:

ctld.JTACAutoLase('JTAC1', 1688, false,"all") if I eliminate this no problem at all only the JTAC dont work.

What do you mean by this?  the JTAC call is missing all of the information.

The log of DCS is telling me that the JTAC CTLD script is calling SRS and dont know why when is the exact setup as the other mission. Ill try and load all the other scripts on the text mission to see.

I HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM but have no clue why?

The problem comes from loading MOOSE with CTLD and the JTAC with no SRS, if you dont load MOOSE it does not make the error. Could this be a bug or what is going on this is beyond my knowledge.

Edited by negrete

1 hour ago, negrete said:

Hi captain

None of the scripts in the mission call SRS, I have a version for dedicated server with voice and SRS that works perfectly but cannot be played in single player due to the CMD windows popping up.

This version, if I only eliminate this call to the JTAC script works no problem at all, and SRS is not need nor present:

ctld.JTACAutoLase('JTAC1', 1688, false,"all") if I eliminate this no problem at all only the JTAC dont work.

What do you mean by this?  the JTAC call is missing all of the information.

The log of DCS is telling me that the JTAC CTLD script is calling SRS and dont know why when is the exact setup as the other mission. Ill try and load all the other scripts on the text mission to see.

ctld.lua and moose.lua are both written to call STTS (Simply Test To Speech) from SRS. Looking back at the messages (you never said where they are appearing - I'm not clairvoyant enough to ascertain that) but it looks like from DCS.log, inserted by ctld.lua along with the messages showing that the JTAC input is garbled.

When I open 'JTAC-Test Academia-Caucaso-Range-SIN-ATIS.miz' in the ME... I was about to chastise you for not doing the JTAC call properly, but I realized I was only looking at the call in the trigger actions list, and when selecting the action, I see that it is correct--although the drawing on the map indicating freq 1680 is wrong - insert Kermit drinking tea meme here 😉

What I did note is that after calling each script file, you have no pauses. So let me explain. I learned that when loading scripts like moose, mist, ctld, etc, you load the first one in Trigger Type -> 4 Mission Start. All subsequent scripts are to be loaded in Trigger Type -> 1 Once with -> CONDITIONS = TIME MORE 2 (I've used 'TIME MORE 1' also without issue too - YMMV).

TIME MORE x is how many seconds since mission start, so for each subsequent script being loaded, you need to increase the TIME MORE parameter. EG:

4 Start Mission -> Actions = Do Script File(mosse.lua)
1 Once -> Conditions = Time More 1 -> Actions = Do Script File(mist.lua)
1 Once -> Conditions = Time More 2 -> Actions = Do Script File(ctld.lua)
1 Once -> Conditions = Time More 3 -> Actions = Do Script File(another_script.lua)
1 Once -> Conditions = Time More 4 -> Actions = Do Script File(yet_another_script.lua)

This is to insure that all scripts are actually loaded and ready, before any calls can be made on them.

Since your triggers run one after the other as fast as they can, and all with 4 Start Mission, it might be that the JTAC call is running into a not completely loaded ctld.lua script and things go awry.

I'd suggest giving that a shot and see if it helps.

• Thanks 1

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Hi Captain

Thanks for all the help, going to try and ill let you know. The 1680 freq is because it was like this on the SRS lets say map, and I was waiting to see what frequency was the JTAC choosing this 40.4 or something like this that it selects automatically.

Sorry about not saying about MOOSE and other scripts but this has never happend to me before that different scripts interact with each other in strange ways.

Still happens must be some type of incompatibility or something between CTLD and MOOSE without SRS probably going to need to use something else as JTAC.

Edited by negrete

• 1 month later...

On 11/26/2021 at 4:11 AM, zhouyut001 said:

Hey guys,how to enable Internal Load and Sling Load at the same time correctly?I have modified this jugde lines and only enable sling load,it seems working.It will spwan a sling load cargo,and a LoadNearby command show up in F10.I can load one internal and sling load one.So every time I can load two cargo.

Origin:

if ctld.hoverPickup == false then
if ctld.slingLoad == false then
missionCommands.addCommandForGroup(_groupId, "Load Nearby Crate", _crateCommands, ctld.loadNearbyCrate,  _unitName )
end
end

Modified:

if ctld.hoverPickup == false then
missionCommands.addCommandForGroup(_groupId, "Load Nearby Crate", _crateCommands, ctld.loadNearbyCrate,  _unitName )
end

Hey man,

im looking for a solution for my server aswell where i can enable sling and internal loading of crates.

Is your solution still working?

Edited by BigMongostyler

I know I saw it somewhere and I can't remember where and I can't find it, but....

How do you set a script's variables from within the mission?

For example the ctld.lua has

ctld.Trace = false

a variable set with the default value 'false'. There is some why to change 'ctld.Trace' to another value, like 'true' through a trigger within a mission which has loaded the script, something like under TRIGGER - - ACTIONS

DO SCRIPT 'ctld.Trace = true'

but that is not the correct format for the command.

Anyone know how to do this?

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

I think I’m missing something with the JTAC system. Is there a way to interact with the JTAC besides requesting “JTAC Status” from the radio menu? Also what is the point of assigning a radio frequency to the JTAC, as I can get that status report that has target type and location on any frequency. 

3 hours ago, Subferro said:

I think I’m missing something with the JTAC system. Is there a way to interact with the JTAC besides requesting “JTAC Status” from the radio menu? Also what is the point of assigning a radio frequency to the JTAC, as I can get that status report that has target type and location on any frequency. 

Read the README doc in the package. There are a number of ways tto interact with the JTAC as well as a few scripts that aslo work.

Google is your friend.

6 hours ago, King39 said:

Read the README doc in the package. There are a number of ways tto interact with the JTAC as well as a few scripts that aslo work.

Google is your friend.

Is the readme the same thing that’s on github (https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD) because that’s where I started and couldn’t find any answers. I see the scripts for changing behavior wrt smoke, laser code etc. but that’s not what I’m looking for. I mean within the mission aside from “JTAC Status” on the F10 menu is there any way to communicate with the JTAC? That also doesn’t tell me what the radio frequency is used for aside from a cryptic “The JTAC can talk over SRS” and how it’s computed. Tuning the frequency doesn’t seem to give me any additional options, so what “talking” is the JTAC doing that’s different from the Status report?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2023 at 3:44 AM, Eugel said:

Is there a list somewhere with all the unit names ?
For example, I want to adjust the spawnable crates so that I can build a bofors gun instead of the avenger (and some other things) but I can´t find the correct names anywhere. The unit names from within the editor don´t work and will spawn a leopard 2 instead...

Also, is there an option somewhere to make vehicles placed by CTLD to be drivable by players ?

You have to check the log after you run the mission for the correct names.