DCS: F/A-18C Features Roadmap for Early Access

Kate Perederko

Which has nothing to do with the C, not even the exterior model. The A version at that time was a very simplistic FC plane, it even had the simple fight model, you can hardly called it "complete", it was more like 30% of the real plane, I dont think it shares much with the A model in the game.

I love DCS but its like their products will always be in early acces stage.

True but it's better than starting from scratch.

Buzz

I wish the FM had a higher priority. It should be the first thing finished. I can wait for systems to be finished but I want the plane to fly as it should.

Just my opinion but it was at the top of the list as most wanted by the members.

Buzz

• 3 weeks later...
I wish the FM had a higher priority. It should be the first thing finished. I can wait for systems to be finished but I want the plane to fly as it should.

Just my opinion but it was at the top of the list as most wanted by the members.

Exactly that. I don't want to learn to land the F-18 on a carrier when i know that the flight model, touch down handling and suspension mechanic is wrong modeled

Bye, Smith

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-9600K @5ghz, 11GB ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan, 32GB (2x 16384MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM, 1000GB WD Black SN750 Gaming M.2, HP Reverb HMD, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, Realsimulator FSSB R3 Stickbase, TM TPR pedals

Small request, could O/S (offset) waypoints be pushed up in the list? Apart of being an useful tool, not too difficult to implement, it's actually required in one of the Raven 1 missions.

+1. Markpoints were a massive improvement to the usability of the aircraft in combat scenarios, offset will be as much as good.

Stay safe

Small request, could O/S (offset) waypoints be pushed up in the list? Apart of being an useful tool, not too difficult to implement, it's actually required in one of the Raven 1 missions.

+1 to the offsets.

I'd also like to see more realistic HARM employment in Hornet, now when Viper already has it.

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

+1 to the offsets.

I'd also like to see more realistic HARM employment in Hornet, now when Viper already has it.

Why do u think that isnt realistic in Hornet now? Remember, that they are two totally different aircrafts (different systems, different RWRs) and F-16CM was modeled from the begining especially for SEAD, not for multirole like the Hornet.

Yes the missile is same (HARM), but not the aifcraft and its systems.

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Why do u think that isnt realistic in Hornet now?

That's what ED said here and here I believe.

UPDATE: I'm not really sure if it relates to the missile itself only or involves corresponding aircraft systems too.

Edited by lester

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

Wouldn't it be great to have the first page list revisited?? We enter the last quarter of the year, and a lot of the features scheduled for 2020 are either [WIP] or not even started, according to that.

I know the list is not 100% up to date (things like Markpoints, AGR are done...). So maybe, it could be good just to re-arrange the list, in an estimated order of completion, to know which of those [WIP] should be expected earlier, and what could be at risk of slipping into 2021 (no complains, I understand it can happen, and I'd better know what is at risk than realizing too late).

@BIGNEWY @NineLine do you think you could draw attention on this, to get some info spread, eventually?

Thanks!

Wouldn't it be great to have the first page list revisited?? We enter the last quarter of the year, and a lot of the features scheduled for 2020 are either [WIP] or not even started, according to that.

I know the list is not 100% up to date (things like Markpoints, AGR are done...). So maybe, it could be good just to re-arrange the list, in an estimated order of completion, to know which of those [WIP] should be expected earlier, and what could be at risk of slipping into 2021 (no complains, I understand it can happen, and I'd better know what is at risk than realizing too late).

@BIGNEWY @NineLine do you think you could draw attention on this, to get some info spread, eventually?

Thanks!

I agree it'd be a good idea. ED is not particularly known for achieving deadlines but the involvement of Kate surely brought a lot of health into the management and things are going better. I imagine before her the Hornet would have been completed by the end of 2022 and now everything points to it being done by the end of 2021. All of this is subjective of my thoughts and do not reflect the thoughts of any other member.

Stay safe

• 3 weeks later...

That was planned (not promised) some time ago, but that has core funtionality, non exclusive hornet.

if that's true why the JF-17 has it implemented and the hornet hasn't? or because the vapor effects were created in the hornet first and implemented in the rest of the modules like MIg-29 Fulcrum some time later? it's not an effect of the DCS core...

Sin-ttulo-3-zpskg9bm6js.png

• ED Team

if that's true why the JF-17 has it implemented and the hornet hasn't? or because the vapor effects were created in the hornet first and implemented in the rest of the modules like MIg-29 Fulcrum some time later? it's not an effect of the DCS core...

As silver dragon mentions, planned, just lower priority currently.

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'll just say that, from what I've read and heard, the AZ/EL page should be one of the most anticipated Hornet features for us that like the air-air fight. Hope it's coming along...

Yeah, that would have been much more important than the A/G honestly, yet here we are with everyone having different priorities again :D

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Given there's only two major patches slated for this year I don't see how the initial 2020 roadmap can even be remotely achieved. I do hope we'll see the long-awaited FM improvemsnts and JHMCS additions that the community requested and voted for in the poll in the November patch.

Given there's only two major patches slated for this year I don't see how the initial 2020 roadmap can even be remotely achieved. I do hope we'll see the long-awaited FM improvemsnts and JHMCS additions that the community requested and voted for in the poll in the November patch.

2 major patches slated this year? Where did you get that info from?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box