Enhanced Gamemaster Script: Zeus, but for DCS - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-26-2020, 02:53 PM   #21
flick

Loving your slick script!
Would it be possible, for example, to have a command to start a Mig21_2 which has been set, in the mission editor, to "start from ramp" "uncontrolled" and has a triggered action "start Mig21_2"?
flick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 11:07 PM   #22
Cake/Sorbus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flick View Post
Loving your slick script!
Would it be possible, for example, to have a command to start a Mig21_2 which has been set, in the mission editor, to "start from ramp" "uncontrolled" and has a triggered action "start Mig21_2"?
Hi, it's pretty late here, so I apologize beforehand if I misunderstood your question due to tiredness.

I understand that you want to spawn a MiG 21 on the ramp in an uncontrolled state and turn it on at a later time.
There are three different ways to do this with the gamemaster script:

1. Method: Set the group up as late activated, start from ramp and uncontrolled in the mission editor (ME), then activate it ingame with the "-act" command (see Section 5.2 of the manual). The group will then spawn in an uncontrolled state. To turn it on you can use the "-ctrlon" command (see section 5.13).

2. Method: Set the group up the same as above, but ingame use the "-s" command (see section 5.1) instead to spawn it. You will have to add the parameter "-kt" to ensure that tasking of the group doesn't get overriden on spawn and "-op" to have the group spawn at the location you set it up at and not at your map marker. You can later turn the group on with the "-ctrlon" command.

3. Method: In the ME set the group up as late activated, but let it start in the air. Ingame you spawn it with the "-s" command but you add the parameter "-ground". The group then spawns in the air, at your map marker, but will then almost instantly respawn on the ramp and in an uncontrolled state, at the airbase nearest to your map marker. You can then turn it on with the "-ctrlon" command.

*Edit*
I just reread your question now that I'm a little more awake...you want to spawn an uncontrolled MiG 21 and have it turn on automatically when an external condition is met (by use of a triggered action and a corresponding trigger that you have set up in the ME)

I must confess that I never really did much with these triggered actions you can set up in the groups tab of the ME. They should work though, as long as you use the "-act" command to spawn the group ingame.

Why the "-act" command and not "-s"? The "-act" command mirrors what happens when the ME trigger action "Group activate" is used, it just activates the group in the exact state that you have set it up with in the ME.

The "-s" command on the other hand uses the SPAWN class from MOOSE to create a copy of the group you have set up and then activates that copy. The copy that spawns has a modified group name and a different GroupID than the group you have created in the ME. In consequence it won't be affected by triggers that target the original group because as far as DCS is concerned it's a completely different group.

Last edited by Cake/Sorbus; 09-27-2020 at 09:08 AM.
Cake/Sorbus is offline   Reply With Quote