Chop-U mission to be released soon - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-20-2020, 09:28 PM   #11
Lineaxe

Now, there is one bug I have seen crop up ever since I started using the beacon transmitters, (which is early in the Chop-u project). Sometimes , after changing from other types of vehicles into the UH-1 slots, the beacon transmitters are not getting received by the Uh-1's ADF and other dial. Now, I have heard others having similar radio problems to this with the Uh-1 choppers. Anyhow I am sure looking into solving that particular bug for sure. It's cropped up occasionally for a while and I still have no idea what is causing it. Is it the transmitters or in the chopper ? Still no idea and haven't found the resources so far to figure it out.
Lineaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 12:53 AM   #12
Lineaxe

Ok, who do I have to Bribe to get a star on my post I wonder?
Old 09-23-2020, 12:04 PM   #13
sirrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineaxe View Post
Ok, who do I have to Bribe to get a star on my post I wonder?
haha sorry mate... still need to find time to check out the non-CA version

But, I just blindly gave you 5 stars (for your effort alone, you deserve 'em )

Mission editors in general are underappreciated. Try not to take it personal
System specs: i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- HP Reverb v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat
sirrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:27 PM   #14
Lineaxe

0921= UPDATE HAS MORE TYPES OF TANKS , MANY MORE PATHS & ALSO NOW HAS RANDOM ENEMY HQ LOCATION.
0922- I converted some ILS airports over to the Blue team (for F18 and Warthog , if they can make it there alive of course)..Havadarya and Shiraz Have ILS are are now Blue Team Airfields. I will be beta testing this part out now --I did research and added in CILS for the F18 . If you want to have this available as well Beacon.lua inside of PersianGulf directory needs to be updated with the data.This section is being designed and tested at the moment. ** I already had 2 migs on my tail this last play of the mission. Anyhow I am looking for ideas from those who fly F18's, as I am just learning to fly it as I write the mission code.

Last edited by Lineaxe; 09-24-2020 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:39 PM   #15
Lineaxe

Wink Beacons file changed

This file is modified from the PersianGulf/Beacons.lua file. Back the original up & replace with this one which just adds in CILS support for two airfields on the map. I am testing this out right now, however code is already in place in the latest version of Chop-u.

0926- added in TACON and ICLS systems for the Carrier fleet found West of Al Dhafra.
0928- AI generated planes would land and just sit there on the RUNWAY !!! Now this stops any Defending planes from Taking off. It seems to be a bit of a common DCS bug & I thought that some CLEANUP code I found online here would fix it. After testing it I had No luck with that code and so now I have them despawn outside of Airfield (until that kind of bug can be fixed up).
0929- eek , thank god for Tacview ... it wasn't an AI plane despawning after landing , it was one taking off from runway in the wrong direction. Now , I have them Taking off from Parking.. Which used to BLOW some of them up in the Hangers for some reason but works so far again as I test keep testing it.
0930- tested with my bro last night & decided to change over the TACAN Channels to the actual Carrier numbers. Also put a Carrier on patrol & finally updated the Briefing with more instructions on how to complete the new F18 missions. whew!! hope it's last update for a bit
Attached Files
File Type: lua Beacons.lua (35.9 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Lineaxe; 09-30-2020 at 01:10 PM.