Chop-U mission to be released soon

Name:Chop-U

Author: Lineaxe

Mission type: SP/MP/MP+SP/Training

Controllable:UH-1H/Mi-8Tv/SA342-GAZELLE/Ka-50 Blackshark II/A-10C/F18-lot B/Tanks LATEST Chop-U FILE(s) are now attached to this thread

Chopper University (Ver 1.201224 ) welcomes Helicopter Pilots of all Levels

Practice Picking up & Slinging Cargo in a Uh-1 (at an airbase that is under attack or in a training zone nearby). | Practice Picking up & Slinging Cargo in the Mi-8Tv to Aircraft Carriers or to a field specified in the mission briefing.| Daytime & nighttime versions released.| New Missions now created for the SA342 & KA-50 | ChopU also contains Air to Air & Air to Ground Missions for the A-10C, A-10C II, and the F18's | Control tanks (from BattleCommand or the F10 Tank Icon). | It has several ( 1 or 2 Player) Blue team Slots. You change SLOTS if you die or Crash & then can change back to the same SLOT or go Practice on another Vehicle. Read the Briefing for the A10 & F18 instructions. Over 3000 lines of LUA code (using the MOOSE engine). Caveat: Needs to have a MissionScripting.lua line uncommented (de-sanitize OS). MODS I used with Chop-U : UH-1H | Mi-8Tv |SA342|Ka-50 Blackshark II| A-10C & A10 II Warthogs | F18-lot B | SuperCarrier & Combined Arms

THE STABLE VERSION (older) Version(s) are found here:

Link/Downloads:

Day missions https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3311904/

Night missions https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3311903/

Full brief/Discussion thread: no discussion thread at this moment

Author/Misc info: I have been a player of Flight Sims since the release of Jet for the PC in the '80s and MS Flight Simulator. ( a computer programmer as well ) :doh:

THE LATEST VERSIONS are Attached here :

image_262662.png.d9029656d4fb18abcfe0f0184bdcb30e.png

Edited by Lineaxe
updated content

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Lineaxe! I'll give it a go when I get the chance :thumbup:

Small heads up:

You might want to declutter your user file description from all the <br /> codes

This was some sort of bug on ED's website, but has been solved now

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

VoiceAttack for Chop-u

I am including VoiceAttack for Chop-u as a zip file. I just downloaded it the other day. It will do the following commands:

setup huey -- sets up the 5 radios to the correct frequencies

setup mi8 -- sets up radio to the dock frequency

setup warthog -- sets chaff selection to manual then on the on left MFCD sets up AIM 9 missiles, changes the DMS display over & turns map off , arms the Guns, Laser & Master , turns on the TCP and finally selects TCP mode on right MFCD.

The warthog setup also required me to add in several keyboard combinations into the A10 profile. They use Left Alt, Left Shift, and the F1 - F12 keys in order to interact with the VoiceAttack command.

I find it helps me quite a bit while I develop and chase down bugs.

NEW pilots & tank commanders should learn by interacting with the controls on all their vehicles until they become very familiar with where everything is located on them. When they think they qualify for it and then use VoiceAttack to automate the start up process... Anyhow, enjoy using the VoiceRecorder.dat file, whichever way you chose...

VoiceAttack.zip

Edited by Lineaxe

Hi Lineaxe

Any chance you could add a version without the need for the Combined Arms module?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hi,

I think I can manage that one :) Now,

I did just make changes to the lua file's code. I started playing around with enemy tank code. It spawns those Tanks differently now. That is, into a random number of 15 potential tank paths. Also, players will find the number may be increased: if, in the first 30 seconds, a UH-1 flies over a Tire Zone that is found on roof. ** This newer code was added into all the other changes I had put in in order to make game play more challenging only when players want a bit more challenge ,(As explained in the Chop-u briefing, I hope ...). When I put up a newer version of Chop-U , I will name a copy something like Chop-u-NoTanks.miz and so on and leave a new link above .

Oh , I changed the lua code to randomize the Spawning of the enemy HQ. (being used with enemy recon & attack aircraft ). In the earlier version , it was only in one spot and you could see it to bomb it. I am testing away with the random zone :random point in zone code I find that : It works, the recon & attack aircraft seem to be doing their jobs , so I should have that code tested out soon enough.

Edited by Lineaxe

Latest Version 1.200920 is now ready for downloading ... Also I sent along a version with no combined arms. Check top of this thread for the new link when it gets accepted ...

In this version Enemy HQ is now in a random location . More enemy Tanks & types of Tanks have also been added in. Some minor code changes & bug fixes were also done.

Now I am still learning which Tank does what , and so I have 9 types right now and as I learn. I will change over some of the ones I have for a different style of Tank.

I guess most importantly, LET me know if the downloads require any other assets to run since we have added some ( downloaded) skins to the Warthog and the F18's. If there are problems with downloads I can change over the skins , I think...Anyhow , time to get back to flying...

Edited by Lineaxe

WOW , code seems to be double spawning some of the RED tanks .. so, I will find the bug, fix it and put up the update soon...Now, I specifically told it NOT to do that !!!

Ok ,fixed it already, last nights late at night programming ... The coffee is starting to work now.. Bug fix was obvious, I was testing the Spawn capabilities . anyhow Versions have been updated now ... 0922a - update gives more missions to A10 warthog & F18

Edited by Lineaxe

Now, there is one bug I have seen crop up ever since I started using the beacon transmitters, (which is early in the Chop-u project). Sometimes , after changing from other types of vehicles into the UH-1 slots, the beacon transmitters are not getting received by the Uh-1's ADF and other dial. Now, I have heard others having similar radio problems to this with the Uh-1 choppers. Anyhow I am sure looking into solving that particular bug for sure. It's cropped up occasionally for a while and I still have no idea what is causing it. Is it the transmitters or in the chopper ? Still no idea and haven't found the resources so far to figure it out.

My bro has suggested that the soldiers got killed off & can't transmit anymore. I am gonna test that out , if that's the case it makes sense why the Huey's don't get the Beacon signal under the above conditions.

Edited by Lineaxe

Ok, who do I have to Bribe to get a star on my post I wonder?

haha sorry mate... still need to find time to check out the non-CA version

But, I just blindly gave you 5 stars (for your effort alone, you deserve 'em :thumbup:)

Mission editors in general are underappreciated. Try not to take it personal :smilewink:

System specs:

:) 0921= UPDATE HAS MORE TYPES OF TANKS , MANY MORE PATHS & ALSO NOW HAS RANDOM ENEMY HQ LOCATION.

0922- I converted some ILS airports over to the Blue team (for F18 and Warthog , if they can make it there alive of course)..Havadarya and Shiraz Have ILS are are now Blue Team Airfields. I will be beta testing this part out now :) --I did research and added in CILS for the F18 . If you want to have this available as well Beacon.lua inside of PersianGulf directory needs to be updated with the data.This section is being designed and tested at the moment. ** I already had 2 migs on my tail this last play of the mission. Anyhow I am looking for ideas from those who fly F18's, as I am just learning to fly it as I write the mission code.

Edited by Lineaxe

Beacons file changed

This file is modified from the PersianGulf/Beacons.lua file. Back the original up & replace with this one which just adds in CILS support for two airfields on the map. I am testing this out right now, however code is already in place in the latest version of Chop-u.

0926- added in TACON and ICLS systems for the Carrier fleet found West of Al Dhafra.

0928- AI generated planes would land and just sit there on the RUNWAY !!! Now this stops any Defending planes from Taking off. It seems to be a bit of a common DCS bug & I thought that some CLEANUP code I found online here would fix it. After testing it I had No luck with that code and so now I have them despawn outside of Airfield (until that kind of bug can be fixed up).

0929- eek , thank god for Tacview ... it wasn't an AI plane despawning after landing , it was one taking off from runway in the wrong direction. Now , I have them Taking off from Parking.. Which used to BLOW some of them up in the Hangers for some reason but works so far again as I keep testing it.

0930- betaTested with my bro last night & decided to change over the TACAN Channels to the actual Carrier numbers. Also put a Carrier on patrol & finally updated the Briefing with more instructions on how to complete the new F18 missions. whew!! hope it's last update for a bit :) uhh.. heh, ok well, I decided to give the carrier random paths. Also I now have orders on which Carrier to fly to -- which get issued to the F18 pilots stationed at Al Dhafra (126.500 AM) ..

0930a Ok ,don't try Spawning the SuperCarriers , the TACAN won't work. No Random Carrier movements for the moment..( uhh that don't sound right?... ). Anyhow ,Time to FLY this thing !!

Beacons.lua

Edited by Lineaxe

• 2 weeks later...

1005 - Well we just got the new A10 II module (on sale at the moment) & so I put a couple of those planes into Chop-U and setup a couple of missions for them as well.

-- we took out the new A10's last night... had much fun with them!

Edited by Lineaxe

Chop-u & counting my score

--1006 .. small change ... Just added in random enemy Carrier paths

--1008 .. added in more Blue Team Tanks & paths so I can test them out

----1008+ -- Blue Team Tanks seem to be spawning inside of buildings & so I did a check of all

their waypoints. So far none doing this anymore. They will get stuck when they spawn inside a courtyard & so I added in a couple more controllable Tanks for the one or two that might do that.

It seems that I should be putting my Mission versions that have small changes of this type here in the Forum instead of where I had thought they should go (to DCS user files). So I will place the latest fixed up version with no Tanks spawning inside of buildings here at the top of the message thread. Maybe do a monthly update to DCS user files or something. I have heard others are doing it this way.

So,in short, the 3 new chop-u mission files shall be found here ! uhh , heh, unless the moderators decide this whole thread should go into another Forum or something like that :)

Edited by Lineaxe

1010- this update was just a minor adjustment in Arming the F18's found at Liwa

- the GBU's needed to have the Litening pod installed

- at this time One Jet was set up with Mavericks & the other one still has Cluster bombs.

- also Aim7s were replaced on both F18's with more accurate Air to air missiles (testing)

1015- found a bug in a Mi-8 mission, it was at the Munitions dock and in the code that gives the Orders to the Pilots . I don't know how I missed that syntax error. Also found out that I had to set the Roosevelt's Freq back to 129.500 after using it while doing the experiments with random paths (lost TACAN control using random paths)

1018 - got all Tanks & infantry paths to go back to the first waypoint & start looping over again. fixed enemy Tank searches so that they also search around for all the new tanks/paths included . Replaced Vulcan at Al Dhafra since it never seems to fire anymore.(After a few tests I switched it to the Shilka, I didn't want anything over - or under-powered at the Airbase.. heh , ok , even the Shilka proved to be too good even though it has a long acquisition time of 8s , so it's back to the Vulcan with it's lower ceiling of 4500ft but is slightly quicker at 6s)

1020- worked on code that allows you to change what Chop-U says for each Player name(s) by making a simple edit and save to the mission file (where you can re-input the Player's name ogg files --which you have already renamed from your desired name ogg Files(s) over to the Player1Name.ogg & Player2Name.ogg names ). These newly revised names will then be used throughout Chop-u.

1028- Wahoo! Sale on now and so we got two new choppers: The SA342 Gazelle & The Ka-50 Blackshark II .

I added them in and wrote more missions for them. I then edited the Briefing for the new missions and started looking around it for run-on sentences and dangling modifiers (kinda like an adjective without its noun) .These appear to be among my worst writing errors & which seem to keep on cropping up time after time ..(even in that last sentence) . Bear with me as I try to hunt them all down !!!

1029- Added more tank paths & a couple more Tanks at the Practice Range & have increased some of the enemy Aircrafts Radar range (more chance they will pounce on you) ...

1101- well I went over the code and made quite a few changes to it. These efforts resulted in several things:

-The capability for Some of the enemy Aircraft to respawn to help protect Tanks stationed in the Practice Range.

-I moved the Practice Range closer & closer to FARP5 until I figured it was about the right distance away.

- added a couple more tanks there

- I found a couple of minor bugs along the way

-I finally ran the 'Briefing' through another online Spell & Grammar checker... sheesh , I dunno what it wants sometimes!

1109 - After shooting all of enemy Air down over Al Dhafra OR all of the 3 Defenders at the Practice Range they will Respawn again (after a random length of time).

- Each time you start up a game session a Random level is selected between two levels of enemy Tank threats.

(now I am getting a bit better at flying them Jets I will aim to make their missions more challenging as well)

- working on the code for the Enemy's Su 25 attacks on our Airbase, I think it needs to be modified but haven't really had a chance to test that area out as much as I should.

1113- another carrier was put on Patrol. Enemy Air has had its range(s) increased to make it more challenging. More enemy Tanks at the Practice range to Defend its FARP & other Tank Paths were modified. some code changes were made ( a table that wasn't needed got replaced and so on).

1115- Practice Range Tank Paths modified for speed and direction towards the rearming Vehicles now stationed around that location. So bombing the Resupplies now is always a good idea as well I would think 🙂

1116a - Both Player's real names will now Play through speakers in all of the mission slots (required a few changes to the booleanizm !)

-found yet another Online Spell/grammar checker and ran the 'Briefing' through it. Even after all the other errors that it found it then told me that I still have 29 compound/complex sentence punctuation errors somewhere in there. EEK!

-More editing of the enemy Tank's paths at Al Dhafra. They were modified for speed and direction towards the rearming Vehicles.

- a coupla bugs being hunted down & fixed ...

--1117 increased the difficulty level of all enemy Tanks and put them All on Red Alert /Weapons Free

-- wow this latest spell/grammar checker even goes into the text right here and tells me what to do. And lets me fix it on the fly. This ought to get interesting...

--1118- going over code chasing down bugs, old code, redundancies, and found that since I was using multiple lua files the Moose engine couldn't display any tracing information anymore so I had to make a lot of changeovers in the code related to that new problem. (I dunno how I got that last sentence by the new spell checker!?)

-- 1119 - added in refueling Tankers for both blue & red to use as needed.

-If the Harder level is selected (50% random chance) I include the Practice range into the overall EWR network which means that you may also attract enemy jets that will get launched from enemy airfields.

- ok just tested KC 135 and like many others here who have tried, I got no communications to it. I am sure they are working on that somewhere(s)! Just Replaced it with the KC 130 after I found that I got communications to this tanker going.

-- 1120 final test of the refueling shows that it is working properly.

-I relocated the Tanker to a more useful location for any Aircraft in the vicinity that needs refueling. Note that the Tanker does not use 'Orbit' but will fly in a straight line for quite a while then make a tight 180-degree turn and will repeat this until it runs low on fuel (in which case it will return to the airport and land). Strategic intercepting/flying with the Tanker will be needed.

--1121 this revision was the lightest I think I have ever done! Just a changed the F18's (stationed at Liwa) Armament to include the Litening Pod. Note: the other Chop-u payload created just uses the F version of the Maverick. Right now, we are trying both Mav's provided in the default setup.

--1123 spotted a bug in the lua code. this one was an EWR syntax error & it seemed to shut quite a bit of the code down. Oh well, spotted quick enough 🙂

-- reworking the code for the Red Air to ground attacks seems some of the CAS planes got distracted away. Had to recheck the mission samples to get the attacks working again. Working in this section of the code ...

-- 1204  added in a mission to the YAS island racetrack. cleaned up some code and added into the Briefing... Tested it all out ! 

The latest version can be downloaded by going to the start of this thread and downloading from there.

Edited by Lineaxe