Jester Hooking - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-14-2020, 11:11 AM   #11
IronMike
3rd Party Developer

Jester doesn't change thread prioritization and no RIO can, only the AWG-9 does that. Next launch would be a nice addition though, I agree, since it lets you skip a priority target.

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/
IronMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 08:38 PM   #12
NickF08

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
You know you guys can read the range from the V lines in the TID?

Each line and line break represents 20nm. :-) While you dont get the exact range, you can estimate pretty nicely, especially when TID range is set to 100nm or less. As for alts the numbers next to the target represent the altitude deck, 0, 10k, 20k, 30k, 40k, etc... Personally these two bits are enough for me. But we will still change it so that he will have a better hooking logic.

One idea that we are pondering is that he simply cycles priority targets, as usually you dont get any more than 4, and else reverts to closes one, or similar.
The V lines are good for finding an estimate, but like you said not exact. This also does not include the bandits altitude, and closure rate which will determine weather or not you fire on that bandit.

If possible a new wheel command option for hooking commands would be fantastic, but if not possible hooking the closest bandit would be a fantastic change!

Thanks for looking at community feedback!
NickF08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 02:44 AM   #13
IronMike
3rd Party Developer

well altitude you can estimate as well by 10s of thousand feet, and the velocity vector is represented through the line coming or gowing away from the track. the longer the line is, the higher the closure rate. Just an FYI.

We'll think of something. Menu items are the last thing we try, as they are one of the most work-intense Jester fixes (as weird as it sounds).

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/
IronMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 05:38 AM   #14
Bearfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
well altitude you can estimate as well by 10s of thousand feet, and the velocity vector is represented through the line coming or gowing away from the track. the longer the line is, the higher the closure rate. Just an FYI.

We'll think of something. Menu items are the last thing we try, as they are one of the most work-intense Jester fixes (as weird as it sounds).
From this user's perspective, anyway, key binds are GREATLY preferred to the Jester menu as well -- easier to map to StreamDeck/VoiceAttack, and no need for reading text and head-bobbing in the heat of the moment.
Bearfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:37 AM   #15
Kula66

+1 Bearfoot. The Jester wheel is an innovative solution, but not easy to use in game when under pressure. I find VA good, but not reliable enough for me ... the story of voice recognition!

Also, for me, toggle type key binds a preferable where possible, rather than separate key binds, eg. a pilot RWS/TWS toggle would be preferable to separate RWS and TWS as now.
Kula66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:04 AM   #16
majapahit

Training ME setup, I position the aircraft in the air, load, un-pause,
I then say 'setup', and 10 VA commands execute as from a machine gun,
and after this died down,

I am in altitude hold, and my comm connections and screens are set up,
I can now open my radio by saying 'radio' and contact ATC by 'ATC' voice.
| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |
majapahit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 01:50 PM   #17
sublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickF08 View Post
Is there any chance that Jester can Hook the closest bandit after doing his normal work flow? This would make him so much more competitive in multiplayer scenarios and help with quality of life.

On the other hand is Jester still being updated and improved upon, or he is as at standstill currently?

Thanks, Nick
whew. when I first read this I thought ' youre pimping your RIO out?! wtf dude!'
glad I was wrong
sublime is offline   Reply With Quote