AV-8B Status - Page 13 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 11:19 PM   #121
ruxtmp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
@nineline

One thing I did mention in their discord, if ED would build a generalized API for Angle rate tracking systems in general I think overall DCS could benefit from it. I'm sure you have guys with the required math background to do it (and not to bag on Raz, I'm not sure they do). And outside the US ARBS system which was used on the Harrier/A4M/F4 pods, probably others, I know Russian A/C used it too, and its a technique more generally used in almost all modern TGP's as well as RWR's and IRST's. So I think having some "official" API for it a) wouldn't that hard to do, and b) would benefit all of DCS.

Maybe pitch that to Kate or whoever it needs pitching to.
The math for this is not difficult it is first year college engineering calculus, high school trigonometry, and physics. I would hope any flight sim development team would have this capability in house. Also the formulas are all over the internet in physics/math forums as its just a standard math and geometry problem.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:35 PM   #122
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessuno0505 View Post
Then maybe the f-16 should have been released later?
We have already answered this. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veenee View Post
I am wondering what was to point of creating this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=285495

as it seems like only 2 things are missing?
There is a difference between missing, still being developed, and bugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessuno0505 View Post
I did not know about this choice and this is something I do not agree: you state "early access Is not for everyone" and there's a clear difference between early access (missing stuff) and released (feature complete). If all of this is going to change it will be difficult for customers to understand what to buy and when. I never boughr early access, what am I suppose to do now? Do not buy even if the module Is in release status, and wait... until when? That's a dangerous choice and I hope It could be changed.
When the F/A-18C releases from EA, it will have a lot going on, and much to do and use, but in product sustainment we will continue the development, and keep adding more to it.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 09-16-2020, 01:18 AM   #123
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxtmp View Post
The math for this is not difficult it is first year college engineering calculus, high school trigonometry, and physics. I would hope any flight sim development team would have this capability in house. Also the formulas are all over the internet in physics/math forums as its just a standard math and geometry problem.
And yet, I have my doubts.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:54 AM   #124
mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
There is a difference between missing, still being developed, and bugs.
No, it doesn't matter if the feature is missing because of bugs or if the feature is still being developed. The feature is missing, period.

Is this the new ED quality policy: A feature can be labeled as completed even though it's actually missing. The 3rd party developer only have to promise "it's still being developed"?
Old 09-16-2020, 06:14 AM   #125
Snappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by veenee View Post
I am wondering what was to point of creating this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=285495

as it seems like only 2 things are missing?
Can‘t tell whether you‘re trolling or just being sarcastic.Did u actually read the thread.Theres a lot more functionality missing than just two things.

Regards,
snappy
Old 09-16-2020, 07:12 AM   #126
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mue View Post
No, it doesn't matter if the feature is missing because of bugs or if the feature is still being developed. The feature is missing, period.

Is this the new ED quality policy: A feature can be labeled as completed even though it's actually missing. The 3rd party developer only have to promise "it's still being developed"?
A feature can't be missing if it has bugs, I don't think that is possible. So I think there might be a difference.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 09-16-2020, 07:17 AM   #127
NineLine
Community Manager

This seems to be drifting off topic further and further, let's wait for RAZBAM's new CM to address further concerns, thanks.
**How to Report a Bug**
Closed Thread