laser arm multiplayer

steelrfan85

I am wondering if it's possible to arm the laser and drop laser guided bombs from the pilot seat in multiplayer with no human RIO. I already have target being lased for me. Do I need a LANTIRN pod still? I made shortcuts in the RIO controls menu but I don't think they would work without actually being in the RIO seat

How do you change the laser code through Jester? I’m on the ground but I don’t see anything where it says I can change the code or even find a code. Or is that in the knee board on the ground? Also my GBU 12 seems fairly accurate by Mrs. sometimes. But my GBU 10, 16 and 24 act like they don’t even catch the laser because they just fly on by.

I’d the pave way broken? I got all the GBU’s to work but GBU 24 won’t find laser after dropping.

The Paveway III guidance that the GBU-24 uses isn't implemented into DCS yet.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Makes no sense to put the GBU24 in the weapon menu if it’s guidance is broken.

It does for us, because once ED fixed it, we wont have to redo all the loadouts again, or parts of these.

As for laser code. It needs to be changed on the ground, mechanical laser codes cannot be changed in the air irl, that's (or was) wrongly represented for example in the A10, etc... It is basically a screw that is being set on the ground by the crew. Hence it is good to know which laser code will be used by the JTAC in advance. This can be set by both either RIO or pilot from the kneeboard page.

Hope that helps. :)

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Makes no sense to put the GBU24 in the weapon menu if it’s guidance is broken.

Well, ED has refrained from adding the GBU-24 to their own modules so far, but 3rd parties (Heatblur, RAZBAM) decided they want to have it in there already, despite it's unfunctional status.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I tried them again and still didn’t work, even checked matching laser code. Oh well. Maybe some day

Yes, that's what we told you: The GBU-24 doesn't work yet! Trying it again and again doesn't change that ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

Best is to wait for a patch note from ED. An alternative for bunker busting atm is to just use MK84s in combination with computer target.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Best is to wait for a patch note from ED. An alternative for bunker busting atm is to just use MK84s in combination with computer target.

Or the GBU-10, which is the laser guided Mk-84 and works fine ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 months later...

I just figured I'd update this since ED announced on the Book of Faces they intend on adding the GBU-24 to the Hornet.  It appears to be WORKING now on the Open Beta servers on the F-14.  So ED must have done a stealth edit to it.  It does appear to have Paveway-II Bang-Bang guidance logic, which is fine as a temporary behavior just to get it working.

So with that great news, time to "GBU-24 ALL THE THINGS!"TM 

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --