lawn mower engine sound

WildBillKelsoe

One gripe I have with this module is the internal engine startup sound and the lawnmower sound at maximum RPM. Is it realistic?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 2 weeks later...

The new sounds are awful, it sounds tinny and low quality. The eagle has a throaty engine so lets hear it

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

The new sounds are awful, it sounds tinny and low quality. The eagle has a throaty engine so lets hear it

I wouldn't know but the sounds have been pointed out as issue by Jabbers even before release and still hasn't been addressed by devs. The only thing they addressed was the pilots textures. What is even funnier is the fact that this planes mirror is actually in the Mig-21 mirror. :mad:

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

New set of external sounds has been implemented internally last week, but didnt make it with latest patch. Should be there next time.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

And the internal sounds?

Heavent heard anything on those yet. External sounds were priority this time since we were stuck with P-51 placeholder sounds since November due to certain bug.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

please do it as its very irritating the repetitive cycle of cylinders at different RPM.

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed with the sounds. Not really complaining because it IS an initial release. But I would be very upset if they just left it like this.

I'm also watching the flight dynamics closely, as well. I got this module to practice real aerial maneuvers that fast jets can't duplicate.

So far, I am thrilled with the CEII. I've waited for it for a long time and it's close to what I want. Please keep up the good work, guys!

• Like 1

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

• 1 month later...

Were over a month now... Has this been addressed yet?

It's in process of being adressed along with other sounds:

And last but not least, our little puke machine, which has seen multiple requests, asking to further improve it’s external and internal sounds. To address this request, we’ve decided to employ a sound engineer who recorded high quality samples of an actual Christen Eagle II during aircraft startup and engine operation. After processing and adopting for DCS standards, this sounds will be implemented to satisfy your expectations.

http://leatherneck-sim.com/spring-awakening/

• Like 1

It's in process of being adressed along with other sounds:

http://leatherneck-sim.com/spring-awakening/

I hope he rode along and recorded an inflight sample with varying RPMs. So will it make it with the upcoming OB?

I do not have any specific date yet. That's why its said, that it will be implemented when processed and adopted.

• Like 1

I do not have any specific date yet. That's why its said, that it will be implemented when processed and adopted.

ok cool:thumbup:

• 4 months later...

All I can say is that work is progressing.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I just got the CE, fun little bird. Mag 3, your art game is ridic. I really hope you're upping your sound production in a big way. It really needs to match the art talent you clearly have in your bullpen.

• Like 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Perhaps you meant the sounds are ridic.

• Like 1

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

• 7 months later...
It's been over a year. Where is this update?

It is still awaiting adoption.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
So how many more years do we have to wait for this product to be finished?

This is rediculous.

I wouldnt hold my breath, I would just locally disable it and remove the files...