BRD-DS ‘Raven’ Review - The Man & The Machine

Do you want to change your joystick? Or get a new one?

I do not understand :)

Baur,

He plan buy VirPil T50 grip and want use in their "old" BRD-DS base (actually with your KG-13B grip, I guess).

Hence need install this threaded part that allow bolt the Warthog and T50 grips in BRD bases:

http://avia-sim.ru/forum/download/file.php?id=8595

He are asking if you sell for then only that part.

BTW - Assuming that this part fit in "old" BRD-DS base pole. :joystick:

Edited by Sokol1_br

The VPC MongoosT-50 Grip is compatible with the Warthog base and therefore with the Warthog connector and electronics. As long as the pipe has 23mm inside diameter the adapter Sokol and I have posted will fit. But a DIY option or ordering one from one of the many 3D printing offers may be cheaper than a package from russia.

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

I want to buy a new T-50 grip and use it with my old BRD-DS base.
Will not work. Other electronics.

As you already know, I now work with the VPC. There will be more changes.

Edited by Baur

---------- Head Designer ----------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I thought the electronics are already Warthog compatible. And if they are Warthog compatible, then they are also T50 compatible?

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

OK. But you can't offer for then a electronics upgrade that allow use Warthog/T50 grips in "old" BRD-DS?

Will be more cheap than buy a complete new joy. ;)

It's not a problem. The problem is that you can not install the electronics yourself and calibrate the sensors.

I can not tell you. Do you understand Russian? :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Will not work. Other electronics.

As you already know, I now work with the VPC. There will be more changes.

Thanks Sokol and rel4y for helping me explain my question. Looks like it would be difficult to mount the T-50 grip on my BRD base, then. If I should do it, it would have to be easy to switch back and forth between that and the KG-13 grip for when I fly ww2 planes. But it looks like that's not going to happen.

I guess I'll have to buy my self a seperate Virpil or maybe a VKB-MCG if that ever gets released. I just wish Baur would make the base for the stick, because you probably can't find better quality anywhere.

Sent fra min D6503 via Tapatalk

It's not a problem. The problem is that you can not install the electronics yourself and calibrate the sensors.

I can not tell you. Do you understand Russian? :)

Russian language no, I "read" through translator. :D

But, I see that some people buy BRD gimbals in kit form, so I guess that after assembly the mechanics need install electronics and calibrate sensors. :huh:

But is this electronics that make BRD-DS compatible with Warthog grip more "complicated"?

Based on that picture, change a controller circuit or sensor is matter to unscrew two bolts and plug connectors:

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=169681&d=1506252894

IMO - Since BRD products could last decades due their metal construction, electronic upgrade for previous buyers for make they early bough versions compatible with new grips like T50 is important, specially that VPC opt to use a standard connector for removable grip - the Thrustmaster nut and PS2 connector.

Baur - Throttle, when?
Every year I start with a thought - throttle, throttle, throttle ... But then there are more priority tasks. And now we (VPC) are working on the trotl of modern aviation. Trotl WWII had to be moved to the next year.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But is this electronics that make BRD-DS compatible with Warthog grip more "complicated"?
Buyers from Russia (or others who understand the Russian language) are actively buying new electronics and changing their joysticks. I do a lot of instructions and a lot of photos (you know about it). But it will be very difficult for me to give advice, help, make technical support in English.

Will you do this work?

http://avia-sim.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=961&start=15#p31023

http://avia-sim.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=897&start=30#p29791

For this work you will get the products of the BRD. You are a unique person. I have been watching you for a long time :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Every year I start with a thought - throttle, throttle, throttle ... But then there are more priority tasks. And now we (VPC) are working on the trotl of modern aviation. Trotl WWII had to be moved to the next year.

That means we can soon expect a high quality throttle with metal bearings and contactless sensors? Where can I pre-order? :-)

All new products of the BRD will be manufactured together with the VPC. You can learn about this from the announcements. They will also be available in the Amazon store.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But it will be very difficult for me to give advice, help, make technical support in English.

Will you do this work?

Sokol1_br, I'm waiting for a letter from you.
Edited by Baur

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BRD-DS ‘Raven’ Review - The Man & The Machine

Update! New photos :)

What is the proper "model name" of the smaller base in the final pic? Can't seem to find it anywhere and it will be easier for me to reference the base by name is further conversations. Thank you!

Edit: I believe it is the BRD-DS I am looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Also, are there any functional differences worth noting between the two models?

Given that I use a Wheel Stand Pro and already have a Sahaj 15cm extension, I wouldn't be able to make the larger model work...so I am hoping the smaller one works the same mechanically, and just has a smaller footprint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

The Kreml controller provided by Baur offers great flexibility when connecting various grips. I already have 4 grips working, including the old F-16 FLCS one which Roman even helped me with spare parts for.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Baur, are you currently in the process of designing an "updated" or "new" stick base to replace the BRD-DS?

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig: