Some thoughts - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-19-2017, 03:11 PM   #11
Jester986

Reputation power: 1
Jester986 will become famous soon enoughJester986 will become famous soon enoughJester986 will become famous soon enough

Thank you for the response Pman. It's going to take some practice to figure out how to hit something with that delay, but challenge accepted.
Jester986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:46 PM   #12
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 14
Pman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester986 View Post
Thank you for the response Pman. It's going to take some practice to figure out how to hit something with that delay, but challenge accepted.
It is kinda something you get used to, but it just takes a little bit of practice. When I was doing it more regularly I could obtain a reasonable strike rate.

But its not easy, something our SME's been very keen to emphasize lol

Pman
Old 10-19-2017, 04:23 PM   #13
Jester986

Jester986 will become famous soon enoughJester986 will become famous soon enoughJester986 will become famous soon enough

Something else I noticed though was when I drop Mk82's it only shows the first one from each side missing and subsequent drops end up with 2 bombs on each side visible even though I'm out. And is it supposed to alternate which side it drops from? If I select both pylons it does 3 from one side then 3 from the other making me drop one bomb at a time and then set back up and select the other pylon. The asymmetric load from 3 on one side obviously making it unflyable. Sorry if this question has been answered before.

Last edited by Jester986; 10-19-2017 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:46 PM   #14
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 14
Pman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester986 View Post
Something else I noticed though was when I drop Mk82's it only shows the first one from each side missing and subsequent drops end up with 2 bombs on each side visible even though I'm out. And is it supposed to alternate which side it drops from? If I select both pylons it does 3 from one side then 3 from the other making me drop one bomb at a time and then set back up and select the other pylon. The asymmetric load from 3 on one side obviously making it unflyable. Sorry if this question have been answered before.
This is the ghost bombing issue and is something that has been reported to ED.

It happens when using ED's own weapons within DCS on the triple racks.

As for alternating sides, In all honesty I am not sure, I will find out - I don't think there is a pylon selector so I don't think its controllable.

Pman
Old 10-19-2017, 05:06 PM   #15
Jester986

I appreciate you looking into this stuff. I know it may be a ways out but I'm really looking forward to seeing this module mature.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:54 AM   #16
Jester986

Well I figured out what was going on with the asymmetric bomb release. If I press and hold the wepon release it drops one from each pylon, no problem. But if I let go of the button between each release it only drops from one side. Press and hold drops left/right. Press release drops just left, press release again drops just left again. And then a third time and its uncontrollable.