Many mods don`t work in 2.5.5

ex81

I found out that a lot of the mods do not work in the new OB.

This is very bad, cause many missions I made are not playable anymore.

It would be fine if everybody who has the same problem would post the "bad" mods names here.

Maybe ED will fix this any time soon.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

..It would be fine if everybody who has the same problem would post the "bad" mods names here.

From those that I've tested:

Ranger79's Mod Pack

Lilkiki's Cold War Units

Lilkiki's Light AAA Pack

Lilkiki's Mercedes Unimog Trucks

Lilkiki's North Korea Units

Grimes' T62M & Renault VAB

Crazy Eddie's Mistral French Helicopter Carrier

Fortunately, VPC's Airfield Mod seems to still work well.

I will update this list as I go testing my Mod collection. I'm not holding my breath about ED fixing this, pity :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I'm not holding my breath about ED fixing this, pity :(

Usually it's the modders that have to keep their mods updated to ensure compatibility with DCS as DCS gets updated - not the other way round.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

1. It's not ED's job to manage mods and make sure they work with each build.

2. It's not ED's job to "fix" anything if the reason the mods no longer work are due to changes made to the code to resolve other issues/bugs.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Usually it's the modders that have to keep their mods updated to ensure compatibility with DCS as DCS gets updated - not the other way round.

1. It's not ED's job to manage mods and make sure they work with each build.

OK, I understand that.

... the reason the mods no longer work are due to changes made to the code to resolve other issues/bugs.

Yes, that seems to be the case here .. DCS is now enforcing a minimum version of EDM files, and so every 3D model created prior to a certain date (2017? ) is simply not loaded.

:(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

OK, I understand that.

Yes, that seems to be the case here .. DCS is now enforcing a minimum version of EDM files, and so every 3D model created prior to a certain date (2017? ) is simply not loaded.

:(

if this is the case, i will say goodbye to dcs - after 25 years of lock on and the following series. . .

Sadly not ALL the objects in the VPC Mods are working.

Firehouse, fire_ext, VPC man x are not showing up.

:( ... that's bad news for me, as I use this Mod on almost all my missions :(

Some more Mods that I tested tonight, that don't work anymore:

Supply Ship by Upuaut

IX514 Helicopter Landing Trainer (by Upuaut)

Tents (by Upuaut)

DCS Buildings (by Crazy Eddie)

Land Rover Wolf 4x4 (by Upuaut)

Carrier Charles de Gaulle (by Markindel)

HMS Furious & USS Reagan (by Crazy Eddie)

Junkers Ju-87 (by Bruce Yang)

I hope some of these authors are able to update their EDM files and thus get their Mods working again ... but I do realize it's a lot of work and may be impossible to do in the case of older Mods where their 3D Studio Max original files are no longer available.

sigh.

Got rangers working

From those that I've tested:

Ranger79's Mod Pack

Lilkiki's Cold War Units

Lilkiki's Light AAA Pack

Lilkiki's Mercedes Unimog Trucks

Lilkiki's North Korea Units

Grimes' T62M & Renault VAB

Crazy Eddie's Mistral French Helicopter Carrier

Fortunately, VPC's Airfield Mod seems to still work well.

I will update this list as I go testing my Mod collection. I'm not holding my breath about ED fixing this, pity :(

I saw report also that Nttr ranges were not working, I had message that ranger pack required on my NTTR mission, I re-installed it and it now works. I took out some other MODs and I will get clean copies and try again.

I saw report also that Nttr ranges were not working, I had message that ranger pack required on my NTTR mission, I re-installed it and it now works. I took out some other MODs and I will get clean copies and try again.

Currently our Range Objects mod isn't working, we'll troubleshoot and hopefully get them working again. Unfortunately ED doesn't share any information to anyone that isn't an approved 3rd party so hopefully we can figure it out. If not IMO it will make the NTTR map utterly useless. IMO it's hard to call something the DCS: Nevada Test and Training Range Map without the community mod to realistically populate said ranges.

Guys with latest 2.5.5 the DCS engine have stopped supporting the old edm compiled with version 8 of their plugin.

The owner of the project must simple re-export the edm of the models to version 10 with one of the latest plugin.

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Guys with latest 2.5.5 the DCS engine have stopped supporting the old edm compiled with version 8 of their plugin.

The owner of the project must simple re-export the edm of the models to version 10 with one of the latest plugin.

Or remake them due to lost max files....:pilotfly:

For Those That Are Interested I have remade the armed aircraft sign.. :joystick:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

A little love and respect for the community of modders

Thanks to all guys for your free work :thumbup:

I hope that ED will provide you with information and tools to enjoy our favorite mods that make DCS even bigger

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

... For Those That Are Interested I have remade the armed aircraft sign..

I wasnt aware of that Mod .. can you upload it please? :)

BTW, love your Mods .. specially the aircraft carriers :D

Ok, looks as if many of us who use mods have a lot of trouble with 2.5.5.

But tell me, why do we love to play DCS ? Because it`s fun and it is more fun because of all those beautiful mods which give us the possibility to create sceneries which give DCS a lot more "Life".

DCS is focused on planes and jets and on maps. So far so good. They do a great job, but once again : we need the work of those modders who do a great job too.

Whoever is able to make our mods work again, PLEASE do so.

Until then, lets hope and wait :helpsmilie:

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Thanks and respect

Currently our Range Objects mod isn't working, we'll troubleshoot and hopefully get them working again. Unfortunately ED doesn't share any information to anyone that isn't an approved 3rd party so hopefully we can figure it out. If not IMO it will make the NTTR map utterly useless. IMO it's hard to call something the DCS: Nevada Test and Training Range Map without the community mod to realistically populate said ranges.

Thank you for even thinking about this. I have a 70’s mission still has all the objects, but all the client/static aircraft do not show. Hopefully you will find and convert the format. Respect for an awesome piece of work

I doubt ED would purposefully change their EDM support to disable numerous mods and potentially upset a big portion of the DCS community. I hope the modders can make the models up to date with the newest export tool.

I wonder if there are any wizards out there who could create a tool to allow Modders to update older edm's to the latest requirement. I have no idea how hard, or easy, that might be, but it would overcome this current hitch at a stroke. I'm retired and I cant afford 3dmax so that is never going to be an option for me.

With a huge number of older edm's in my mods I wont be asking anyone else to do it for me.