HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

I got mine from VR Optician as well. Quality made in Germany:

https://vroptician.com/prescription-lens-inserts/hp-reverb/

That’s very cool, thank you.

For those of you who wear these lenses, how much difference does it make? Are your Rx’s really strong? I have close to 20/20 vision but do technically have to wear glasses to pass my flight physical and I have to use reading glasses for..... well.... reading very fine print. Are these going to make a difference?

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

It is only far vision you have to compensate . My script is 2.25 and 2.5 . And yes , it makes quite a difference (obviously depending on your prescription)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

SteamVR Updated and now has an overlay over DCS

SteamVR just updated today, without my approval (shocker I know) and now when I start up SteamVR I get an overlay that appears when I put my Reverb on and stays in view when I start up DCS. I dont use the useless controllers and mouse clicks or pressing return does not allow us to select anything highlighted. Anyone know how to stop this "Library (upper left corner) from coming up when SteamVR launches? I use to just see the polar grid on the floor and the mountains in the background.

Any help much appreciated

Intel i7-7700K @4.8; Corsaiir H100i v2: 32GB DDR4 3200; Aorus Gaming 5 270X; EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra; Samsung 970 EVO SSD 512GB M.2 NVMe; 256 GB SSD; 1,2,3 TB Drives with 8TB MyBook for backups; Klipsch 2.1 THX Speakers; Dell U3014 2560 X 1600 Display with 2X BenQ XL2420T side monitors; HP Reverb HMD; HTC Vive HMD; Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and T.Rudder MK IV Peddals; Razer Naga mouse; Corsair K95 RBG Platinum Keyboard

Start DCS first (or any program that opens Steam VR) and it should open steam VR without the overlay.....

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Tried that and it works, but it launches WMR, takes me to the virtual space, does the triangle explosion thing then goes to Steam VR view of mountains and finally to DCS. Again it worked so thanks but seems much more inefficient. Thinking now the overlay I am seeing is WMR related vs. SteamVR but not sure. It is curved has a dot for selection that tracks with my head and has what looks like the last two apps it thinks I opened as choices. Oddly they are Vive apps and I have uninstalled all vive software from this computer.

Intel i7-7700K @4.8; Corsaiir H100i v2: 32GB DDR4 3200; Aorus Gaming 5 270X; EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra; Samsung 970 EVO SSD 512GB M.2 NVMe; 256 GB SSD; 1,2,3 TB Drives with 8TB MyBook for backups; Klipsch 2.1 THX Speakers; Dell U3014 2560 X 1600 Display with 2X BenQ XL2420T side monitors; HP Reverb HMD; HTC Vive HMD; Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and T.Rudder MK IV Peddals; Razer Naga mouse; Corsair K95 RBG Platinum Keyboard

SteamVR just updated today, without my approval (shocker I know) and now when I start up SteamVR I get an overlay that appears when I put my Reverb on and stays in view when I start up DCS. I dont use the useless controllers and mouse clicks or pressing return does not allow us to select anything highlighted. Anyone know how to stop this "Library (upper left corner) from coming up when SteamVR launches? I use to just see the polar grid on the floor and the mountains in the background.

Any help much appreciated

I have got the overlay a few times. I can't get rid of it as like you I don't use the controllers. If I load WMR, then SteamVR then start DCS it is ok. If I let any app start SteamVR automatically I seem to get the overlay. So I just do the former.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

As you guys are talking about "overlay" anyways..

I just saw this (new?) option in the SteamVR settings (see screenshot). Is this related to the overlay you are talking about, or what exactly does it do?

As most of us Reverb users, I'm really struggling to get some acceptable framerates since 2.5.6

Have been testing in the F-16 instant action "cold and dark PG" mission. I used to get 45+ fps in this mission, but now, as soon as I'm in the cockpit I can't seem to get above 23fps and it stutters so bad I get nauseated by it.

I did notice that putting shadows from low to off, increased my framerate by approximately 20fps

(sure hope ED finds a way to tweak a bit, because I really like the in cockpit shadow effect

2020_02_29_12_35_27_Window.jpg.32ee613e70afebee39a88b0d70657910.jpg

Edited by sirrah
forgot to upload image

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I have got the overlay a few times. I can't get rid of it as like you I don't use the controllers. If I load WMR, then SteamVR then start DCS it is ok. If I let any app start SteamVR automatically I seem to get the overlay. So I just do the former.

I'm getting the same thing as tericartman and I also do what you describe and it seems to work fine.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

As you guys are talking about "overlay" anyways..

I just saw this (new?) option in the SteamVR settings (see screenshot). Is this related to the overlay you are talking about, or what exactly does it do?

I don't think that's the same thing. It's more of a menu.

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

SteamVR Error - HP Reverb

The attached splash just started yesterday. Managed to get Reverb going again by uninstalling and reinstalling WMR and SteamVR. Today, it has started again, but cannot get it to go away with the uninstall and reinstall.

I have plugged the USB cable into every 3.0 slot (5) available...no luck.

Any suggestions?

Has anybody been able to resolve the attached issue. Was able to resolve by uninstalling and reinstalling WMR and SteamVR. However, the next morning, the problem arose again. This time, the uninstall and reinstall did not work.

I am using a HP Reverb.

Any suggestions?

586979021_steamvrerror.png.c9bf859542b2ef932c17c2e9334cfd36.png

Drac,

How about WMR? Does it recognize your Reverb when you plug it in?

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Has anybody been able to resolve the attached issue. Was able to resolve by uninstalling and reinstalling WMR and SteamVR. However, the next morning, the problem arose again. This time, the uninstall and reinstall did not work.

I am using a HP Reverb.

Any suggestions?

I had this and realised I had stretched my legs out and pulled one of the cables (DP I think) ever so slightly out of the port. Not enough to be obvious but just giving it a push in resolved it. Sounds like a cable issue of some sort to me.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I had this and realised I had stretched my legs out and pulled one of the cables (DP I think) ever so slightly out of the port. Not enough to be obvious but just giving it a push in resolved it. Sounds like a cable issue of some sort to me.

Yup. I've had this same issue with the DP cable not quite being plugged in right. What complicates the troubleshooting process is that the Reverb often has to go through a discharge process before the WMR error will reset, so sometimes just quickly recycling all of the connections isn't enough to bring it back. I ended up discovering that little quirk when I had the WMR error, tried and tried to fix it by doing connector recycles and numerous restarts, and just threw in the towel and put the thing back in its box to return to HP. The next day, when I had HP on the phone, they wanted to run through some troubleshooting with me. The first time I plugged it in, it came to life and went right to work. The tech at HP told me that sometimes you have to leave it unplugged for a little while for the error condition to reset in the HMD.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Yup. I've had this same issue with the DP cable not quite being plugged in right. What complicates the troubleshooting process is that the Reverb often has to go through a discharge process before the WMR error will reset, so sometimes just quickly recycling all of the connections isn't enough to bring it back. I ended up discovering that little quirk when I had the WMR error, tried and tried to fix it by doing connector recycles and numerous restarts, and just threw in the towel and put the thing back in its box to return to HP. The next day, when I had HP on the phone, they wanted to run through some troubleshooting with me. The first time I plugged it in, it came to life and went right to work. The tech at HP told me that sometimes you have to leave it unplugged for a little while for the error condition to reset in the HMD.

You may be on to something here. It started working again yesterday evening. I have not tried it this morning. But if it happens again, I will leave the USB cable unplugged for awhile to see what happens.

Thanks to all who responded.

Can anyone give me or point me in the direction of a good rundown of the setup for a reverb?

I know that's a pretty loaded question :)...

Coming from an OG vive, running an RTX2080, 3800X and 32GB mem off of an SSD.

I've not used WMR before. I'm pretty tech savvy but are there any gotcha's with the setup?

I'm assuming I'll just be able to crank all the options all the way up right? LOL ;).... J/K...

Will be doing a complete rebuild of the OS and both my DCS and iRacing SSD's so it'll be clean starts on everything.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Can anyone give me or point me in the direction of a good rundown of the setup for a reverb?

I've not used WMR before. I'm pretty tech savvy but are there any gotcha's with the setup?

I'm assuming I'll just be able to crank all the options all the way up right? LOL ;).... J/K...

Will be doing a complete rebuild of the OS and both my DCS and iRacing SSD's so it'll be clean starts on everything.

I went from occulus to WMR and didn't find it too daunting. Just plug in the headset and follow directions. Pairing the controllers and using them is a bit non-intuitive but overall its very easy. And 99% of the time I don't use the controllers.

The main thing for DCS is to install SteamVr for WMR. Its different than SteamVR (even though it uses steamVR I think).

Coming from the OG vive, you should be really impressed with No SDE. (I have an OG rift and OG Oddesey (not +). But the colors will look "flat" and the sweet spot is small for the Reverb.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Are there aftermarket lenses for the reverb? something that could help with the sweet spot?

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Are there aftermarket lenses for the reverb? something that could help with the sweet spot?
Not really to help with the sweet spot but only if you have bad vision in general you can get lenses that snap in to he reverb so it matches your eye glasses prescription.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Only for vision correction, I actually asked about IPD correction or wider sweet spot, but was told no.

The most frustrating thing about the reverb is that it could have been the "near" perfect VR HMD for the next few years. If they spent more time on Q/A testing (as seen by the cable/durability issues). And had managed to either ship it with a IPD adjustable design or had done a bit better on the lenses (though the two issues are related) and better color for the panels. They could have IMO charged at least a few hundred more had they sorted those issues out.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Just to follow up on the "Overlay" Issue, I now just let steam start up automatically when I boot up (not SteamVR), I launch skatezilla's DCS Updater Utility, and then I just put my HMD on and it auto launches WMR and takes me straight to the WMR VR area with a huge version of my Desktop floating right in front of me. I click "Launch" on the Updater utility and it takes me straight into DCS with no problems!

Well... I'm sure HP isn't going to produce lenses but I know for the Vive and the old Odysee+ and a few others there were other people producing lenses that were WAY better than the stock ones...

Just was wondering if the same was true for the reverb...

I can do that later, but it's 'Instant Action', F/A-18, Persian Gulf. 'Ready on the Ramp'. Or 'Training', F/A 18, 'Cold Start'.

I hope that helps.

OK, finally got a chance to try this. I updated SteamVR and Windows, and DCS to the latest as of today.

I used the Ready on the Ramp as that used to suck. I took off and flew around downtown at 400-2000ft (mostly 400). With DCS FPS counter, I was in the 60's and high 50's most of the time. It was visually smooth. It's been smooth for me for a very long time now.

I saved the JSON file so I can provide the full report if anyone wants it. My HW spec is in the signature. Also, I just realized that I have Process Lasso. I set it to "Game/High" mode and haven't turned it off.

From fpsVR

fpsVR Report:

App: DCS HMD: HP Reverb VR Headset VR1000-2xxx0 (90.000 Hz, IPD 65.5)

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (26.21.14.4250) CPU: Intel® Core i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz

Delivered fps: 61.6 Duration: 8.5min.

GPU Frametimes:

Median: 14.4 ms

99th percentile: 19.9 ms

99.9th percentile: >30 ms

frametime <11.1ms(vsync): 28.2%

CPU frametime:

Median: 9.9 ms

99th percentile: 13.9 ms

99.9th percentile: >30 ms

frametime <11.1ms(vsync): 76.3%

Max. SteamVR SS: 100%

Render resolution per eye: 2700x2644(by SteamVR settings, Max.) (HMD driver recommended: 2700x2644)

My ingame settings:

AemtCCu.jpg

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

There really isn't much to setup. I created a YT vid on how I have WMR and SteamVR setup. My DCS ingame setting is at 1.0. I left Steam Video settings at AUTO rendo etc. Also covered in the video.

you can just google for my name/YT, DCS Reverb and it should come up if you need that.

I also just posted to Imacken my performance for FA18 instant machine.

But I think you're CPU may be a bottleneck.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1