Engine modes

Shmal

Have i missed something? Earlier i was able to go over all map with 3000rpm/16boost!

Now engine is going to die quickly!

Can somebody answer to me, how i need to use the engine on Spitfire now?

Is 2840/9 proper mode for continious flight?

How long i can use a 3000/16?

What i need to do while climbing?

:joystick:

Мой позывной в DCS: _SkyRider_

Мой канал YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdfzT7-xbgvmPwmUcCNArQ?view_as=subscriber

My callsign on DCS is: _SkyRider_

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdfzT7-xbgvmPwmUcCNArQ?view_as=subscriber

Engine settings are written on a table to your right somewhere in the cockpit, check that.

Also, how long you can run what depends also on exteriour temperature. So on colder maps you can fly "longer" with higher settings.

I need a short answer from knowing people! Did the developer fix the issue with engine modes and it works now correctly?

Мой канал YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdfzT7-xbgvmPwmUcCNArQ?view_as=subscriber

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdfzT7-xbgvmPwmUcCNArQ?view_as=subscriber

The engine works most likely correctly since a while.

I'm not sure, the engine has this bug since the update who introduce the A8.

it's not something due the temp or speed, it's totally random as the Collimator Sight bug

Edited by McPetterson

I'm not sure, the engine has this bug since the update who introduce the A8.

it's not something due the temp or speed, it's totally random as the Collimator Sight bug

Yes there seems to be something amiss with both P51 and Spit in regards to engine failing that wasn't apparent pre gunsight bug/A8 introduction. Sometime within the last week or two.

Have nursed both well within limits for them to still pop. :doh:

Yes there seems to be something amiss with both P51 and Spit in regards to engine failing that wasn't apparent pre gunsight bug/A8 introduction. Sometime within the last week or two.

Have nursed both well within limits for them to still pop. :doh:

Look at the bright side, the FW190A8 can run 100% throttle for entire flight, the 109K4 can fly 100% with MW50 for about 25minutes and the FW190D9 MW50 engine failure bug "might" have been fixed. :lol:

Have i missed something? Earlier i was able to go over all map with 3000rpm/16boost!

Now engine is going to die quickly!

Can somebody answer to me, how i need to use the engine on Spitfire now?

Is 2840/9 proper mode for continious flight?

How long i can use a 3000/16?

What i need to do while climbing?

:joystick:

No informations on the aircraft manual?

Look at the bright side, the FW190A8 can run 100% throttle for entire flight, the 109K4 can fly 100% with MW50 for about 25minutes and the FW190D9 MW50 engine failure bug "might" have been fixed. :lol:

Actualy i bruned through whole tank in k-4 w/o problems at 1.8 ata

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Thank you guys for the answers! That was helpful for me to hear that i'm not alone with my problems! ))

So, looks like Spitfire is most vulnerable and weak aicraft in DCS! ))

Thats is inspiring! ))

Thank you guys for the answers! That was helpful for me to hear that i'm not alone with my problems! ))

Thats is inspiring! ))

try p-51 its has even more weaker engine, in spit you can with no problems go full power for a couple of minutes in p-51 you can't if you engage wep it will start damaging your engine and at some point engine will seizure

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Thats is inspiring! ))

The engine just seems to be bugged at the moment. Even if you baby it, it will fail for no reason.

The A8 engine will get fixed later in early access, it is not supposed to withstand full throttle all the time.

The engine just seems to be bugged at the moment. Even if you baby it, it will fail for no reason.

The A8 engine will get fixed later in early access, it is not supposed to withstand full throttle all the time.

same as k-4 is not suposed to withstand full throttle all the time and it can so its hard to say

some one asked about max power setting for climb, i use +12lbs/2840rpm at this power setting limit is 1 hour of operation.

another tip climb at low speed 170-200mph IAS spit isnt good at high speed climb

and i think you can climb at max power too +18lbs/3000 keep speed around 180mph open radiator flaps it wont hurt your speed much

Edited by grafspee