Control UI Adjustments

Mars Exulte

Suggested this years ago, and am suggesting it again. The current control setup scheme is needlessly headache inducing.

#1 Save/Export All Devices

#2 Default to all commands unassigned for all devices, including MFDs. Offer ''default profiles'' for recognised devices

P.S.

#3 Clear All Devices (keyboard excluded)

P.P.S.

#4 Allow any button as modifier/combo

#5 Do not restrict multiple devices/buttons being bound to the same function

-edited for conciseness now that I'm not irritated

-edit

#6 Allow reordering of controls, ie allow me to group stick/throttle/rudder together instead of the arbitrary and unchangeable method currently in use. And no, it's not based on connection order, because I notice the AXIS and other controls submenus, the devices are ordered differently.

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Good suggestions , all .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

In addition to #2, I'd also love to see the whole “restrict bind by device” to be killed with fire.

Why should I not be allowed to bind whatever to whatever, but rather be limited by some misguided “helpfulness” on the developer's part? A common thing I've seen is that modules refuse to let me bind my TM MFDs to anything other than MFDs, even though there are numerous cockpit switches that would be far more handy to have bound.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

+1 all very good ideas

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

@Tippis

Added. Also ''do not restrict binding the same command on multiple buttons/devices'' (I have occasionally run into this) and ''allow any button as modifier''

OP edited to remove angst and be more concise

OP edited to clarify and make autoassign ideas more useful/clear

Edited by zhukov032186

I liked the original post better :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 3 months later...

Bump. Don't just "stop" autoassignment. Kill it. Kill it good. Smoldering, twitching wreckage and burned out hulks. That's what I want to see when I look at "autoassignment". The "theory" is sound, the implementation sucks. It assigns the same keys, to every device, whether it knows what the device is or not, and whether it overlaps with 10 other devices or not.

It is utterly and completely useless. It serves zero purpose whatsoever except to induce headaches. The only person who MIGHT get any use out of this is somebody with ONLY an integrated stick/throttle unit. And even then, if their budget is THAT tight, A they are probably not playing DCS, and B they are probably still going to immediately wipe their controls and set it up themselves.

-edit

#6 added

Edited by zhukov032186