Spitfire engine bug

McPetterson

It seems that ED fixed the insight visor bug from the last patch thanks.

But the engine bug where the engine dies for no reason and it's totally random (and repair on the AF won't do anything) is still there and it's real (in multiplayer or either solo) ..

Will ED hear our words and fix it :)

The bug is here since the A8 feature update ...

Edited by McPetterson

pls can you say something more what are your power settings or to what temp are youi wrming up engien before t/o etc etc becouse i dont encounter this problem yet im trying to reproduce it

at waht rpm are you idle engine during taxing etc etc

if you t/o +18lbs/3000 rpm there is limit up to 1000ft so you can fly at this setting about a minute.

t/o runn alwayes at 3000rpm doesnt matter what boost is used.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Sometimes i'm 28 rpm / 11 boost and my engine suddenly dies, sometimes i'm taking with new plane off 30 rpm / 8 boost same problem, and when i'm in cruiser fly 25 rpm / 8 boost.

My temps always looks good, and as I said there is nothing related to engine temp or configuration. (never above 100°).

When it's happening, you hear the engine doing a weird sounds, then suddenly your speed decrease like hell (you see it on your speed control), and your RPM going down slowly.

It's a bug totally random, and you can't repair it even if you manage to land on the AF, that's why to me it looks like a bug (and I hope i'm wrong).

It's hard to reproduce it because it could happens 2 times in a 4 hours of flight and sometimes 0 in 4hours of flight.

Edited by McPetterson

Sometimes i'm 28 rpm / 11 boost and my engine suddenly dies, sometimes i'm taking with new plane off 30 rpm / 8 boost same problem, and when i'm in cruiser fly 25 rpm / 8 boost.

My temps always looks good, and as I said there is nothing related to engine temp or configuration. (never above 100°).

When it's happening, you hear the engine doing a weird sounds, then suddenly your speed decrease like hell (you see it on your speed control), and your RPM going down slowly.

It's a bug totally random, and you can't repair it even if you manage to land on the AF, that's why to me it looks like a bug (and I hope i'm wrong).

It's hard to reproduce it because it could happens 2 times in a 4 hours of flight and sometimes 0 in 4hours of flight.

so engine keep spining right only loosing its power

are you turning on fuel pump ??

so no exhaust stack fire during this engine fail ??

during this engien problem did you check fuel pressure warning lamp ?? is it light or not

btw cruise is 7lbs/2650 not 8/2500

and climb power/military power 12lbs/2850

there is another very important thing to watch oil and coolant temp during descending if you descending with very low power you can actualy overcool engine and this may lead to engine damage too 120 oil pressure is red line for oil.

But if you saying that GC dont recognise it as damage electric fuel pump is only thing which can make that happen

is this happening in SP or in MP ??

maby some random failers are on who knows

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

everything is fine, all temps, no warning lamp, and random failures maybe but it's happens on solo mission and either multiplayer.

As I said, if it was a engine problem you will be able to repair it on the AF (right ?). And honestly I don't unsderstand why you never had this issue, all people in my squad had encountered the same bug at least once. It's a bit annoying

everything is fine, all temps, no warning lamp, and random failures maybe but it's happens on solo mission and either multiplayer.

As I said, if it was a engine problem you will be able to repair it on the AF (right ?). And honestly I don't unsderstand why you never had this issue, all people in my squad had encountered the same bug at least once. It's a bit annoying

i dont know never happen to me :P

FYI, yesterday been flying on Burning Skies server with Spit for about 4hours, had 2 engines failures for no reason again, temps are good. I'm searching for a pattern why this thing happens.

The only thing I did with these 2 planes is a repair on AF, and on my second flight with each plane after repair I had engine failure.

it could be one of the reason it's happening, anyway, will continue flying and search for more patterns

FYI, yesterday been flying on Burning Skies server with Spit for about 4hours, had 2 engines failures for no reason again, temps are good. I'm searching for a pattern why this thing happens.

The only thing I did with these 2 planes is a repair on AF, and on my second flight with each plane after repair I had engine failure.

it could be one of the reason it's happening, anyway, will continue flying and search for more patterns

pls next time check how long you operate engine oil temp above 95 degree celcius, in case p-51 which have similar engine operating above 95 clecius for more then 5 minutes is forbidden, what i noticed spit likes to get hot on oil maby this is the reason

if you fly 12lbs 2850rpm you should not encounter any engine fails if you fly above it for long period of time expect some.

Only DB605 is capable of operating at max power for long time

jumo213 from Dora is capable of operating at max rpm max boost for 1hour(1h limit is lifted at alt above 7km) as i remember and 10minutes with mw50 power settings

Edited by grafspee

if you descending with very low power you can actualy overcool engine and this may lead to engine damage too

That is a real thing for Piper Pawnee and/or Piper Cubs.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

pls next time check how long you operate engine oil temp above 95 degree celcius, in case p-51 which have similar engine operating above 95 clecius for more then 5 minutes is forbidden, what i noticed spit likes to get hot on oil maby this is the reason

if you fly 12lbs 2850rpm you should not encounter any engine fails if you fly above it for long period of time expect some.

Only DB605 is capable of operating at max power for long time

jumo213 from Dora is capable of operating at max rpm max boost for 1hour(1h limit is lifted at alt above 7km) as i remember and 10minutes with mw50 power settings

I know, if you fly more than 15 min above 90° oil temp the engine, will die, but I just take a new plane and engine dies after 30 sec of flight, oil temp 80° (just happen right now on burning skies server) and I was 12/13lbs (before wep) 3000rpm