VF-2 Bounty Hunters by PorcoRosso86

PorcoRosso86

I started to doing some study about VF-2 livery, after a request from CGS-1 Greekbull.

Meanwhile waiting for the template, I doing some study about colors and stencils position.

The final product will be complete of HiVis and LowVis

wFHYivm.png

3m4I9Mb.png

r0qUD2F.png

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

Looking awesome as always! Can't wait for the finished product!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Nice mate, im looking on with interest.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Lol is the first time which another guy put the release of his skin in my thread :lol:

Jack, it is not really good form to post your livery on someone else's thread for a livery. PorcoRosso has a reputation for making impeccably detailed liveries with very correct details. Good on you for doing a livery but I can see quite a few inaccuracies. I like many will wait for PorcoRosso's work;)

Edited by Greekbull

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

I was in VFA-2, although not the Tomcat our Super Hornets were painted exactly the same so if you need some source photos of up close let me know. I have tons of them.

Absolufly dude, I'll send you a pm

• 5 weeks later...

Finally the livery is finish!

Thanks HB for the paintkit, thats helped a lot

DOWNLOAD LINK HERE

VF-2 "Bounty Hunters" BuNo 164342, USS Constellation, Iraq, 2003

MxtEbzT.png

PLANE HISTORY

From "US Navy F-14 Tomcat Units of Operation Iraqi Freedom" by Tony Holmes

"Bullet 106 was the first VF-2 jet to fire its 20 mm cannon in anger during OIF. A prolific bomber during the campaign, it finished secondo only to VF-2's CAG jet in terms of the number of LGBs (46) and JDAM (five) it expanded. Delivered new to VF-124 on 22 August 1991, this aircraft served with VF-31 and VF-101 (including the unit's Miramar det) until transferred to VF-22 in 2000. BuNo 164342 returned to VF-101 folowing VF-2's switch to the F/A-18F in mid-2003."

Currently is on display at the Wings Over Miami Museum located at Kendall-Tamiami Executive Airport in Miami, FL.

and now some pics of the skin

v2LpLQ2.jpg

n5f5IFO.jpg

wKLFfTc.jpg

pb8xADL.jpg

IEN7eXe.jpg

qxR30SI.jpg

Edited by PorcoRosso86

Amazing job as always!!!! VF-2 in CSG-1 will look pretty awesome rocking these!

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Beautiful job PorcoRosso, top notch !!

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Great work - I'm hoping for many more F-14 skins made by Porco :)

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

I started to do the VF-2 in light gull gray, late '70

will be a bit long: need to remade every markings there.

Luckly I found a good book on kindle for these planes.

Also will be modify the roughmet ( not yet, it's the old one) to be more gloss

a little taste

3k387pC.png