HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

I have a 8700k and a 1080ti and have all the settings set pretty Hi and have no problems. I'm staying with the 1080ti until the next series of cards come out then I'll decide weather to up grade.

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

I'm about to order the reverb now. Same config as you and I also plan on getting only the next Ti model.

Got back in the original odyssey with the Viper and just seemed off from what I remember. For sure I know the reverb visuals will be better.

I measured my ipd with an app on my girlfriend's iPhone and it came to 62-62.1mm so it should be fine.

Good to know it works well with the 1080ti. I run dcs in all high settings now except low shadows and no msaa. Good enough for the original odyssey so it should be decent for Reverb too.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I’m quite excited now, I’d imagine it’s a step up from the Rift S.

Just one more thing, is it best to get it direct from hp? I’m guessing if there are problems with the hmd dealing direct with hp is more straight forward. Also is there a difference between reverb and reverb pro that is important? I’m under the impression it’s just a different strap or some such

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I’m quite excited now, I’d imagine it’s a step up from the Rift S.

Just one more thing, is it best to get it direct from hp? I’m guessing if there are problems with the hmd dealing direct with hp is more straight forward. Also is there a difference between reverb and reverb pro that is important? I’m under the impression it’s just a different strap or some such

Yea probably more comfortable for your face. I thought one of them came with a longer cable but I guess not. Does anyone have the consumer model? How does it compare to the pro?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Hey guys, been out of the loop for a bit. Has WMR been incorporated into the newest beta so that SteamVr is no longer necessary for the reverb? Or am I misunderstanding the purpose of the new WMR debug tool released? Thanks, Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

I have the consumer version...very comfortable to me. I do not need the capability the Pro has...cable for backpack...etc.
Hmm ok. I'm ordering tonight but I can't decide if the leather face thing would be more comfortable. I have the odyssey right now and it's so uncomfortable for long flights.

Hmm ok. I'm ordering tonight but I can't decide if the leather face thing would be more comfortable. I have the odyssey right now and it's so uncomfortable for long flights.
You get a better warranty with the Pro, they will send you replacement parts or complete headsets and you return the defective ones. With the consumer you return it and they decide whether to repair or replace and send out. This means you can be without a headset for a while.

Edited by Baldrick33

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I have the pro version and I can definitely say the leather thing is not really comfortable. And it can get sweaty pretty quickly.

You get a better warranty with the Pro, they will send you replacement parts or complete headsets and you return the defective ones. With the consumer you return it and they decide whether to repair or replace and send out. This means you can be without a headset for a while.

Not true. Don't buy one based on the difference in warranty, because there is no difference now. I have a pro, and it took over a month to get just a replacement cable. When I called HP, I started by calling their consumer division, and they were actually immediately ready to send me a replacement. When they ran the serial number, they found out it was the pro version, and transferred me to the commercial division. The rep at the commercial division agreed to send me a replacement cable after we did troubleshooting via phone and e-mail. He placed the order for the cable on 8-19-19, and I finally received it on 9-30-19. Also, the "3 year warranty" for the Pro isn't true. That is what it said for my serial number on their site for a little while, then it suddenly changed to 1 year, which was before I had actually made any service request. When I was getting the serial number from the ID plate on the HMD for the HP rep, it has "1 year warranty" clearly printed on the ID plate.

HP has not requested that I send the old part back to them, probably because the logistics of doing so isn't worth it. My replacement cable was shipped to Denver, CO from Zellik, Belgium. No "version 2" cable with a clip, just the same old cable, which is brand new and took 6 weeks to get here.

Beware of the claims of posters on Reddit. HP has no legal obligation to honor the promises he is making people.

Its still a great headset though, and the Pro is only 50 bucks more. That is roughly the cost of the extra items/materials that come with the Pro, so it makes no sense at all that anybody would get better warranty coverage.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I ordered the pro version of the reverb from the US HP store. My girlfriend has a student discount active with them through Unidays website so she had a coupon code which she wasn't going to use that saved me around $65.

If any of you are interested install the honey add on for chrome or Firefox. This morning it found me a coupon for the hp store but I accidentally closed out the browser before I finally decided to pull the trigger.

Looking forward to getting back to flying in dcs.

Is anyone using the Samsung odyssey controllers with the reverb?

I am going to put my Odyssey for sale soon but I don't know if I can sell the hp controllers with it or if they will work with the Odyssey?

Edited by sze5003

Sze5003 I will be eagerly anticipating your opinions on the reverb, I nearly ordered it last night (ive had a rather stressful week and felt like I bloody deserve a treat) but then thought I’d see what you have to say on the matter as I’m still not convinced my system can hack it.

I’ve read much more of this (very informative) thread now and I must thank you guys again for answering my questions, the answers weren’t a million miles away. Our second daughter arrived on Monday and things are flipping hectic right now so your help is very much appreciated

Sze5003 I will be eagerly anticipating your opinions on the reverb, I nearly ordered it last night (ive had a rather stressful week and felt like I bloody deserve a treat) but then thought I’d see what you have to say on the matter as I’m still not convinced my system can hack it.

I’ve read much more of this (very informative) thread now and I must thank you guys again for answering my questions, the answers weren’t a million miles away. Our second daughter arrived on Monday and things are flipping hectic right now so your help is very much appreciated

Congrats on the kid! I can only imagine how hectic things are even though I don't have kids.

I'm running a i7 8700k, 32gb ram and 1080ti slightly over locked. Mostly high settings in dcs right now except shadows low and the extra effects off like heat blur, civ traffic, etc. Everything else high.

Coming from the original Odyssey I'm sure it will be a big step up. I've been keeping an eye on this thread ever since the reverb was announced. I actually stopped flying at that point because I told myself I would get a new headset. Well after all the issues and not liking how the launch went, I waited to see if they would fix the issues and it seems they may have as long as you order direct from HP.

First thing I plan on doing is uninstalling wmr from windows, removing steam vr and it's wmr app, then rebooting and plugging the headset in so that everything gets set up fresh.

I too am confused with all the steam Super sample options available so I hope I don't have to mess too much with it. I'm assuming if I stay on stable steam vr that it would automatically pick a sampling percentage close to the native resolution. This way I plan on putting the pixel density option in dcs back to 1.0 from 1.5 which I use now with the odyssey.

Is something wrong with mine, or is the picture excessively blue on the reverb? I get that it's LCD and won't look the same as the OLED Odyssey+ but this seems all kinds of wrong. The picture is dramatically cooler with significantly lower contrast (somewhat expected the latter).

Through the lens:

DabVX68.jpg

vs a screenshot:

L84mFqQ.png

OK well.

Lesson learned.

Remove protective plastic blue covering from lens before complaining about excessive blue tint.

Edited by FoxTwo
Not smart

Is something wrong with mine, or is the picture excessively blue on the reverb? I get that it's LCD and won't look the same as the OLED Odyssey+ but this seems all kinds of wrong. The picture is dramatically cooler with significantly lower contrast (somewhat expected the latter).

Through the lens:

DabVX68.jpg

vs a screenshot:

L84mFqQ.png

I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like but I know blacks are supposed to appear more grey. Have you tried messing with the gamma in dcs options? It looks like it could be high.

:thumbup: You are not the first :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Through the lens:

DabVX68.jpg

vs a screenshot:

L84mFqQ.png

OK well.

Lesson learned.

Remove protective plastic blue covering from lens before complaining about excessive blue tint.

Boy I'm sure glad that was it having just ordered one!

How long have you been flying like that?

Hi guys,

As a new Reverb owner, I noticed some issues and wanted to ask if anyone else has this. So there is a distortion in the image, most visible when moving the head left and right. It's only visible in the middle, where the images from the 2 eyes overlap, and it's like looking through a slightly bent glass.

Hi guys,

As a new Reverb owner, I noticed some issues and wanted to ask if anyone else has this. So there is a distortion in the image, most visible when moving the head left and right. It's only visible in the middle, where the images from the 2 eyes overlap, and it's like looking through a slightly bent glass.

Yea I experience the same thing. Posted on here a little while about it but no one really commented on it. At least I’m not the only one with this issue :)

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

So I probably shouldn't expect an answer either:)

I thought it might have to do with the IPD, but that software IPD setting seems to be completely useless.

BTW, I assume this doesn't happen only in DCS, right?

PS: I'm not sure how it helps you not being the only one with the issue :)

So I probably shouldn't expect an answer either:)

I thought it might have to do with the IPD, but that software IPD setting seems to be completely useless.

BTW, I assume this doesn't happen only in DCS, right?

PS: I'm not sure how it helps you not being the only one with the issue :)

Does it occur for every application? Have you tried resetting the view by running setup again in wmr?