*** FEATURE PREVIEW: MOBILE GROUND CREW ***

RagnarDa

Sort of works for me. I was doing a quick test with an air start Viggen, loaded with 4xRB-75 (Mavs) and 2xRB-74 (sidewinders) and drop tank. After firing the RB-75's at ground targets, I landed on the road, stopped next to the vehicles and was able to use the kneeboard to refuel and reload the same loadout. Everything worked, refueled and the weapons were loaded, but the RB-75 sight would not turn on (weapon selector was on RB-75, trigger safety cover on (safe) then off, no change).

Also, I noticed when I had the CK-37 computer dial set to TAKT only the first number was 1, the rest were 0 - seems like the computer didn't recognize that the RB-75's were loaded, just the RB-74's.

When I tried again, but this time landed at a normal base, I was able to reload the same loadout and the RB-75 sight turned on this time. I'll try again with a ground start and see what happens. Also, this was an MP mission but flown in single player mode (Missions menu, not Multiplayer menu from the main page).

Was this a single player mission or a MP mission that you are hosting or someone else?

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

It's a MP mission (I.e. pilot = Client) I was testing via the (single) mission interface, not hosting in Multiplayer.

Tried it again with a squad mate hosting the mission as a multiplayer mission. This time, as host he was able to rearm/fuel at the road base, and the CK-37 in TAKT mode showed the proper 111110 code, which indicated that it worked. When I landed at the road base, I used the kneeboard to load 4xRB75's (mavs) and 2xRB74 (sidewinder) and 130 fuel (DT). While it showed the percentage completion up to 100% and that was completed, all stations were empty (and the CK-37 showed 000000).

So it appears this is still not working for multiplayer.

Edited by 609_Relentov

Tried it again with a squad mate hosting the mission as a multiplayer mission. This time, as host he was able to rearm/fuel at the road base, and the CK-37 in TAKT mode showed the proper 111110 code, which indicated that it worked. When I landed at the road base, I used the kneeboard to load 4xRB75's (mavs) and 2xRB74 (sidewinder) and 130 fuel (DT). While it showed the percentage completion up to 100% and that was completed, all stations were empty (and the CK-37 showed 000000).

Same here...I can confirm that.

Although Rearm-Refuel on road works for SP in MP doesn't work (and i alternated the mission given at 1st post.I just set the AJS-37 from player to client-in case someone asks if i created my own mission)

Lock-On Greece / DCS World Greece http://lockon-greece.forumotion.net/

🇬🇷 1st Hellinic Virtual Squadron for Flaming Cliffs & DCS World
~ Flying since 2008 ~

• 3 months later...

Finally tried it again tonight (ver 1.5.x) online in MP (as a client, not host) and the road base rearm worked! I chose the same loadout mentioned above, and this time the CK-37 TAKT/output mode showed all 1's, and I was able to use the maverick site, fire the missiles, land and do it yet again. I haven't tried other loadouts, but at least with the Mav's it's working correctly.

Thanks for fixing that devs!

Finally tried it again tonight (ver 1.5.x) online in MP (as a client, not host) and the road base rearm worked! I chose the same loadout mentioned above, and this time the CK-37 TAKT/output mode showed all 1's, and I was able to use the maverick site, fire the missiles, land and do it yet again. I haven't tried other loadouts, but at least with the Mav's it's working correctly.

Thanks for fixing that devs!

I put the example mission on my server, changing the slot for client, but it did not work here. How did you get ?

From what I've noticed, he's just refueling the plane.

Edited by edineygomes

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This would be incredibly useful on the AV-8B Harrier... Is this to be introduced to DCS in general, or limited to the Viggen?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...
This would be incredibly useful on the AV-8B Harrier... Is this to be introduced to DCS in general, or limited to the Viggen?

I believe it's limited to Viggen. But it does not work in multiplayer, I tried to do everything but the plane refuses to rearm and refuel. I already asked the devs about this but I got no response. I am annoyed because I have reported bugs for the devs of all the modules that I have but I do not get answers or a definitive solution. we have the options available but they do not work

Another bug I reported in viggen was the reconnaissance (SPA) function that is not working. The function of calculating the speed and course of the ship does not work. It was said to have been implemented since the module was released, but something was changed during the updates. The bug continues and I did not get a final solution ....

Edited by edineygomes

That's special Heatblur functionality for the Viggen only.

I believe it's limited to Viggen. But it does not work in multiplayer, I tried to do everything but the plane refuses to rearm and refuel. I already asked the devs about this but I got no response. I am annoyed because I have reported bugs for the devs of all the modules that I have but I do not get answers or a definitive solution. we have the options available but they do not work

Another bug I reported in viggen was the reconnaissance (SPA) function that is not working. The function of calculating the speed and course of the ship does not work. It was said to have been implemented since the module was released, but something was changed during the updates. The bug continues and I did not get a final solution ....

When you open the kneeboard on the ground crew page, does it say your are out of range of the groundcrew?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That's special Heatblur functionality for the Viggen only.

When you open the kneeboard on the ground crew page, does it say your are out of range of the groundcrew?

The menu appears yes, however after selecting the amount of fuel, armaments and confirm, it shows the percentage advancing and when it reaches 100% does not appear any weaponry on the plane nor the external tank. But from what I've seen he just refuels the plane.

The menu appears yes, however after selecting the amount of fuel, armaments and confirm, it shows the percentage advancing and when it reaches 100% does not appear any weaponry on the plane nor the external tank. But from what I've seen he just refuels the plane.

Hmm, when I try that on the BluFlag server it always says I'm out of range of the ground crew.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 5 months later...

Is there any update since then, regarding the road base system? GUI, Multiplayer functionality etc.

Also, it would be fantastic if the following could be somehow developed/achieved:

- While keeping Civilian traffic flowing, exclude them from using the road designated as runway, by somehow tricking the AI civilian traffic. This would kind of realistically simulate how a road is close when it's used as a runway. As a positive side effect, we could still keep civilian traffic going, without having to worry that they will use our "runway".

- Also, to get the ground crew not to drive into the aircraft if it's still on the ground and the ground crew starts to relocate.

I haven't found any news on further developments on this road base system. I am wondering if it's still being further enhanced as promised more than a year ago, regarding a a proper GUI, MP functionality, or is it now abandoned and left as currently is?

Is there any update since then, regarding the road base system? GUI, Multiplayer functionality etc.

Also, it would be fantastic if the following could be somehow developed/achieved:

- While keeping Civilian traffic flowing, exclude them from using the road designated as runway, by somehow tricking the AI civilian traffic. This would kind of realistically simulate how a road is close when it's used as a runway. As a positive side effect, we could still keep civilian traffic going, without having to worry that they will use our "runway".

- Also, to get the ground crew not to drive into the aircraft if it's still on the ground and the ground crew starts to relocate.

I haven't found any news on further developments on this road base system. I am wondering if it's still being further enhanced as promised more than a year ago, regarding a a proper GUI, MP functionality, or is it now abandoned and left as currently is?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213456 post #2

Only singleplayer... :cry:

• 3 months later...

Just want to note here that the system is very precise about the unit names. Initially I named all units in the ground crew group "GroundCrew" (ME automatically renamed the second to GroundCrew #001 etc.). In that case re-fuelling worked for me, but not re-arming. After pulling my hair out for a while, I noticed that the following works:

Groupname: Doesn't matter, but I use "GroundCrew Landing Site 1" for example.

First unit: HMMVV name: GroundCrew #1

Second unit: Tanker M978 HEMTT, name: Anything but GroundCrew.

Third unit: Transport M818, name: Anything but GroundCrew.

Once you have the names right, it is working beautifully!

• 1 month later...

Corvinus, do you have an example mission? I have set up a road base that, as far as I can tell, perfectly adheres to the contraints you listed and it still doesn't work as far as rearming goes.

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.