Why still no (working) parking options for Carriers?

Rhinozherous

As the title says... is it that hard to implement this? (No, I have no programming experience. This is an honest question)

I always have to start in the exact middle of the carrier which is the worst position in most cases.

Thank you

Edited by Rhinozherous

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

From what I've learned, you can spawn on the "Street"(behind cat 1), Elevator 2,3, & 4. If you want to spawn on elev 2 you have to block the 4 spawn spots behind cat 1. You have to place "static" objects such as deck crew or other aircraft in those spots. If you want to spawn on elev 3, you have to block the street and elev 2, and so on and so far. See link below:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3626642&postcount=8

I would not expect any fixes on the current carriers since the new carrier module is being introduced.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

The less useful the freeware carrier is, the more customers will buy the DLC carrier. Simple economics, unfortunately.

:doh:

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

The less useful the freeware carrier is, the more customers will buy the DLC carrier. Simple economics, unfortunately.

Oh look, an angsty comment utterly lacking in evidence. Never see those around here.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

What ? surely he has a good point ?

Why should the fact that developing new features costs money, and E.D. are trying to run a business stop them from taking the time to add all the new features of the pay-ware carrier module to the existing code of the free carrier ?

It's just not fair that the tired old 'running a business' excuse should stop people that don't want to pay for the new carrier module getting all the features that the people who do buy the module get !!!

Cheers.

I'm as keen on a good conspiracy theory as the next person, but if you'd applied a bit more of that critical thinking to your own theory - that the free carrier, that has already had multiple feature added to it for free to allow better interaction with the F/A-18C is somehow being nerfed to bump up sales because it's not getting all the features of the pay-ware module - you'd probably have not bothered with the post.

Cheers.

Oh look, an angsty comment utterly lacking in evidence. Never see those around here.

I dunno, riddle me why I can' spawn on the tarawa online? What a year or more later since that's been a bug.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).