Maple Flag's new F/A-18C Aggressors campaign

Hi everyone,

The new Aggressors campaign was launched for the F/A-18C Hornet last week. I've purchased it but haven't had a chance to try it yet (family commitments and RIAT!) Has anyone tried it yet? What are your thoughts? I'm interested to see how it compares to the F-5 campaign, with the Hornet's better systems and more powerful engines...

I've purchased it and have completed the initial mission which is just a fly in with some audio talking about the campaign and no actual flight requirements from yourself. Then the second and third missions, which are a FAM flight and a 1v1 BFM with 3 different adversaries. So far has been enjoyable, informative and fairly detailed. Very much enjoying it and not at all disappointed with my investment. The training is becoming valuable for real world aspirations, which is saying something for not only the campaign, but for the simulator as a whole. It worked with driving simulators and transferring that knowledge onto a real race track, now trying it for flying. Happy to report, so far so good.

Cheers,

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Hi everyone

I have bought the F-5 campaigns, and now I will acquire those of the F / 18, which he refers to when he says: Additionally there are 12 single player practice missions with in-air starts so you can perfect your BFM tactics, techniques and procedures. Are they independent training missions, where can we find them? in the menu of independent missions of the module?

greetings and thanks

Hi everyone

I have bought the F-5 campaigns, and now I will acquire those of the F / 18, which he refers to when he says: Additionally there are 12 single player practice missions with in-air starts so you can perfect your BFM tactics, techniques and procedures. Are they independent training missions, where can we find them? in the menu of independent missions of the module?

greetings and thanks

You have to go to 'My Missions' under Missions in the main GUI, and then navigate to the Campaign folder to select the practice missions.

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

You have to go to 'My Missions' under Missions in the main GUI, and then navigate to the Campaign folder to select the practice missions.

Didn't think about doing them in the "single mission" mode prior to running the campaign, but have managed to complete them with acceptable percentages - even though last time "the major is disappointed in me but has faith" ........... sounds about right! :lol:

Really enjoying the campaign, thanks a bunch for the hard work Maple Flag.

Can't wait to get back in the virtual cockpit tomorrow and make some more headway.

:pilotfly: :joystick:

• Like 1

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 2 months later...

I would love to find these practice missions but I'm striking out guys, anyone got a compass?

:huh:

• Like 1

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

I would love to find these practice missions but I'm striking out guys, anyone got a compass?

:huh:

I couldn't find them either

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Guys, what do you see when you go to 'My Missions'? One of the things you should see is a folder called Campaigns. Do you see that? Click on that and you should see a few other folders including 'en'. The missions are there in the 'FA-18C Red Flag Campaign' folder.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Eureka I found it!

Guys, what do you see when you go to 'My Missions'? One of the things you should see is a folder called Campaigns. Do you see that? Click on that and you should see a few other folders including 'en'. The missions are there in the 'FA-18C Red Flag Campaign' folder.

Ok here it is, look within game in same location to find it.

Program Files > Eagle Dynamics > DCS World Open Beta > Mods > campaigns > FA-18C Aggressors BFM Campaign

Edited by GazAce

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

My apologies, guys, I was thinking of the Red Flag Campaign! GazAce is correct, that's where they are.