JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

It has MAWs?

The JF-17 Block-I uses the KLJ-7 mechanically-steered pulse-Doppler radar (developed by the Nanjing Research Institute of Electronic Technology or NRIET), and it can track targets from 75km (at 3m2 RCS – i.e. radar cross-section, an object’s detectability on radar) to 85km (at 5m2 RCS). The KLJ-7 can track up to 10 targets at beyond visual range, and simultaneously engage two with active-radar air-to-air missiles, such as the SD-10. Specific details about the JF-17 Block-I’s electronic warfare (EW) and electronic countermeasures (ECM) suite are difficult to come by, but it is similar in concept to the systems used on modern Western aircraft, such as the F-16C/D Block-52+ currently in PAF service. For example, it has an EW suite housed in the tailfin to interfere with enemy radars. There is also a Missile Approach Warning (MAW) system and Radar Warning Receiver (RWR). In addition, the JF-17 can also use modern EW jamming pods such as the KG-300G and newer KG-600 (apparently used on PLAAF Su-30s).

https://quwa.org/2015/08/21/jf-17-block-i-bvr/

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/jf-17-thunder-equipped-with-maws-missile-approach-warning-system-sensors-in-tail-section.424585/

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Yeah looking forward to not having to spot missile trails behind me all the time.

And Falcon, really? It’s not even out yet, nothing has been shown of a “complete product” yet!

EDIT: Sorry Falcon think I misunderstood you

No problem :thumbup: I know it's the last thing to think about here but I have to say that the external model is done well.

The reason is our chief cockpit artist was in hospital for more than 1 month.

Good news is, he is back now, again.

Glad to hear! Looking forward to the JF-17 and future modules from Deka and I hope your chief cockpit artist fully recovers.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Yeah, after posting realized you probsbly just meant they aren’t perfect, not as criticism but just as a current state. I’m sure there is a lot of beautiful work we haven’t even seen a glimpse of yet on this bird!

Best wishes to the cockpit artist

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Cool thanks. Looking forward to your first DBS2 picture on an airbase :D

Hi! According to the latest information disclosed, once JF17 is released, it will have almost all the functions. However, there are some problems in the EXP and DBS sub-modes of air-to-ground radar, and the test results are not satisfactory. Maybe later in the EA phase. At present, the MAP/GMTI/SEA1/SEA2 sub-mode of air-to-ground radar has been realized.

Hi! According to the latest information disclosed, once JF17 is released, it will have almost all the functions. However, there are some problems in the EXP and DBS sub-modes of air-to-ground radar, and the test results are not satisfactory. Maybe later in the EA phase. At present, the MAP/GMTI/SEA1/SEA2 sub-mode of air-to-ground radar has been realized.

Thank you again for sharing.

Maybe Deka guys should consider making you their Community Manager, or something in that area :smilewink:

Thank you again for sharing.

Maybe Deka guys should consider making you their Community Manager, or something in that area :smilewink:

Ha-ha! I can share the latest news with you. It's my happiest thing. Publish the latest news and get the agreement of DIS developers. Besides me, there are many Chinese players who know the latest news, but they are too busy to tell you.

Hey kaoqumba, do you know if the JF-17 will come with a English reference manual since day 1?

They haven't disclosed any information about the flight manual yet. However, it is very likely that there will be an English manual as soon as it is published, because the English manual is a very basic thing. In addition, some time ago, they were asking how to set up green square boxes hanging in mid-air in missions similar to trough speed. We guess DIS has started making video tutorials.

I'm suprised by how many people are ready to throw money at a prduct we know almost nothing about :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm suprised by how many people are ready to throw money at a prduct we know almost nothing about :huh:

That is well pointed out, tough with potential release date this close I am willing to bet there is no pre-order planned and as such we might be able to at least get some youtuber to test is after release before we buy it.

Fine by me.

As always: Caveat emptor

I think the answer to that is 'most people don't know much about" :) , if there is anything Deka could use before release is some good advertising/displays/demos. For those of us that have been following it for a year+ we have a decent idea. But for those that haven't, information may be somewhat difficult to find, obviously it would be nice to get some extra information provided in a straightforward way (trailer).

What I know and what I've seen so far is enough for me. Also it's only money, so I don't care overly much.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Do you talk about the module itself, or you talk about the real aircraft in the market?

The module.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The module.

From what has been released in terms of info and in-game demos, I trust Deka much more than other third parties in releasing a good product.

For once it's not all flashy trailers (cool, but useless at actually demoing what the module is) and stupid hype trains. They're showing they can do a good job at simulating a module (ground radar, MITL CK missile, FCS/FM demos) rather than a good job at making videos and choosing the right image filter and music.

Edited by toilet2000
Grammar