Can we get an update on when the blue fog will be fixed?

Vampyr

This issue has been reported multiple times and no one from ED has responded. I understand that this is a low priority issue considering how busy the dev team is, but any response from ED + an approximate timeline to fix would be very appreciated.

Issues I also want fixed (also reported multiple times by multiple people)

Clouds popping in and out

Clouds causing fps drops

Strange flickering near the ocean (momentarily seeing a desert where the water should be!)

FPS drops when pilot ejects

FPS drops when certain weapons/bombs are used (or certain planes explode)

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

• 1 month later...

Yeah... This is driving me crazy as well.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Have you guys tried the well known trick to delete the folders "fxo"and "metashaders2" directories within your "saved games\DCS" folder? That have been known to fix some shader problems, like this might be.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

deletion of fxo/metashaders do nothing

Su-25T track Mozdok ILS,

the fog is WIP: blue!!!, visibility violated by airport lights

time: 6:20

fog visibility 700m

fog thickness 1000m

clouds base 5000m

clouds thickness 2000m

clouds density 10! (max, overcast)

preception: rain

every systems affected!

(my thread with similar tracks: The fog does not limit the visibility of airport lights

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219077

unanswered by ED!)

EDIT: thanks for fixing blue fog

Edited by discwalker
to free up space track is removed

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

Have you guys tried the well known trick to delete the folders "fxo"and "metashaders2" directories within your "saved games\DCS" folder? That have been known to fix some shader problems, like this might be.

Yes, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

My copy of DCS is a clean install after the Hornet was released into the stable branch.

They just don't care. This is like a bunch of other low hanging fruit issues that have existed for very long times that could probably be addressed in a tiny amount of time but the higher ups in charge of assigning work in the sim just don't give a crap. Those in charge at ED just fail to see that shit like this matters at all. It does not affect them, so they see no issue. Like night time env/lighting and all the other things that seemingly only affect users and we notice..because we actually use the title. The folks in charge seem to only load up sunset and sunrise conditions to pop out some screenshots.

They just don't care. This is like a bunch of other low hanging fruit issues that have existed for very long times that could probably be addressed in a tiny amount of time but the higher ups in charge of assigning work in the sim just don't give a crap. Those in charge at ED just fail to see that shit like this matters at all. It does not affect them, so they see no issue. Like night time env/lighting and all the other things that seemingly only affect users and we notice..because we actually use the title. The folks in charge seem to only load up sunset and sunrise conditions to pop out some screenshots.

this is ridiculous. i thought that being a paying customer would entitle me to make at least some demands/requests, but apparently that isn't the case with ED.

i am going to start PMing the mods/admins as well now.

Edited by Vampyr

this is ridiculous. i thought that being a paying customer would entitle me to make at least some demands/requests, but apparently that isn't the case with ED.

i am going to start PMing the mods/admins as well now.

I agree the fact its been an issue for so long is utterly crazy, Its such a shame because the Overcast cloud layer its really nicely done but its not usable if you want limited visibility below it :(

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

While there are long-standing open issues with the sim I'd like to see fixed too, they actually DO care. Trust me on this.

I want to believe you but everything I've seen so far indicates otherwise. I've got a library of games that cost me $60 to $70 each that have given me way better support than ED ever has.

I am not demanding a timeline for a fix. All I'm asking for is acknowledgement from the ED team that this bug does indeed exist and will be looked at in due course. Does having purchased nearly $200 worth of modules entitle me to at least that?

Edited by Vampyr

First, I do agree that it'd be wise of ED to comment on this somehow.

But that blue smoke thingy persay? Never seen it myself. Could be it only affects certain rare systems and the exact culprit may thus be hard to find. And what if it's actually a driver or a OS/hardware bug or fault?

There're literally myriads of different PCs out there, and no single piece of complex SW runs perfectly on all of them. That, regrettably, is a fact of life nowadays. So I wouldn't really know who to blame myself if I were you, because I really wouldn't know, y'know? :unsure:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I get your frustration. I too, along with plenty of others, are waiting for the new rain drops on the canopy in VR. However, demanding timelines is not the way to go. To me, this is obviously a deferred shading issue. They have already made some improvements to the lighting, but obviously still have ways to go. So join others and myself and face the realization that this is not high priority for ED at the moment.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

But that blue smoke thingy persay? Never seen it myself. Could be it only affects certain rare systems and the exact culprit may thus be hard to find. And what if it's actually a driver or a OS/hardware bug or fault?

I believe it effects everybody. Create a mission in the mission editor create and aircraft at Batumi. Set the weather as follows:

Cloud Density to 10 (overcast) and then scroll down and tick the "Fog Enable" button and set it at say 200ft visibility with a thickness of around 1000 ft

Go fly! and let me know what you see.

It only turns blue when the clouds are set at 9/10ths or 10/10ths I beleive. less cloud cover turns it back to a normal colour.

Please let us know if that results in blue fog on your system :)

Proud owner of:

OK, will do that later today when I get off work. Everything was OK the last time I flew in low viz conditions though, but that was admittedly a while ago already. So I'll recheck and report back.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.