** DCS: F-14 Development Update - September!! **

Cobra847

It's all about building up the hype..................... to the danger zone.

LJ2RmFcxoDs

RRU3I_o1vLc

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still, its HB's module, not ED's..

ED has the main company, and to put a module on DCS World, need first talk by ED. ED only has started to get pics about a future module to DCS. That is maked always with any previously modules of any 3rd party.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Hmm, was the screenshot dump intentional before The Big Reveal? Somehow, Heatblur seems to have bad luck with revealing when they want to...

They have more to reveal, like a 10/10 release of the early access module luna-trcv.png

Just some totally random facts:

On 10/10/10 something started that later came up with references like these:

pe775w3a.gif

And, add to that: 42 =

(click for explanation), which relates to the 10/10/10 date.

Now 42 times 2 is 84, which is the number of the Jolly Rogers

(till '95). First Meteor piece of art released is Fear The Bones, referencing them in the title. Now if you take the digits, you'll have 8 and 4. The Tomcat has 4 hardpoints on the wing stubs and 4 on the fuselage. Or 4 on each side. And it has 2 engines as well as 2 guys in the cockpit, which makes 4 entities needed to run that thing in the Danger Zone. So what's left is the 8. Easy put - the 'cat has to arrive just exactly 8 years after 10/10/10 fsgrin.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

One thing that I've been curious about, will Heatblur allow us to use GBU-54s on the Tomcat? GBU-12s are much longer than a regular Mk.82, and so can't be carried in the same fashion if stored nose to tail with other bombs as with the Tomcat, but the GBU-54 can, which would drastically increase our guided bomb carriage in the 500lb range, making her an excellent jet for plinking ala the F-111. However the GBU-54 wasn't used until 2008, and the Tomcat was retired in 2006, so it would be anachronistic.

Heatblur has done less than realistic weapon loadouts before, but has pulled away from doing that on current and future projects, but this is a grey area as the F-14B could carry the JDAM, though I'm not certain if the same bus would allow it to connect to a GBU-54, or even more basically if the "Mid 90s" F-14Bs we have could use a JDAM at all.

With the AJS-37 HB dont breaking the rules, has the same situations with the AIM-120s on F-14s.

Yet Heatblur has bent the rules before when they were still Leatherneck and with the MiG-21Bis. So we have 1 that has bent the rules and 1 that has not, which is why I'm asking.

Yet Heatblur has bent the rules before when they were still Leatherneck and with the MiG-21Bis. So we have 1 that has bent the rules and 1 that has not, which is why I'm asking.

That was other team and other times. Has better cut the expectations about "Super-Tomcats" with never planned weapons.

That was other team and other times. Has better cut the expectations about "Super-Tomcats" with never planned weapons.

I just want to be clear here, I'm not saying "Heatblur plz do this" or anything like that, I'm just genuinely curious as to the extent of how much, if at all they plan to bend the rules.

The discussion has already been had with the test squadron aircraft concerning HARMs, Harpoons and AMRAAMs, weapons that were never implemented to the fleet, meaning that fleet birds literally could not make use of the weapon. I'm not asking for that or any other "Super Tomcat" as it would not be appropriate for our F-14B.

However, we know the Tomcat could carry and use the JDAM. Whether or not the Mid 90s tomcat we have can use the JDAM, I don't know, and that became a supplementary question. But if it can, I'm simply wondering how much of the JDAM family would be included. Again, not asking them to do it, just asking what their plans are on the matter.

less than an hour

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I just want to be clear here, I'm not saying "Heatblur plz do this" or anything like that, I'm just genuinely curious as to the extent of how much, if at all they plan to bend the rules.

The discussion has already been had with the test squadron aircraft concerning HARMs, Harpoons and AMRAAMs, weapons that were never implemented to the fleet, meaning that fleet birds literally could not make use of the weapon. I'm not asking for that or any other "Super Tomcat" as it would not be appropriate for our F-14B.

However, we know the Tomcat could carry and use the JDAM. Whether or not the Mid 90s tomcat we have can use the JDAM, I don't know, and that became a supplementary question. But if it can, I'm simply wondering how much of the JDAM family would be included. Again, not asking them to do it, just asking what their plans are on the matter.

F-14B can carry 2000lbs JDAMs, F-14D 2000/500 Lb JDAMs.

http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-detail-jdam.htm

Just finished watching the livestream. That was unbelievable!!!

Totally agree.

Unbelievable visuals in that F14 reveal... wow. Can't believe how the RIO is able to crank is neck to look around in such manner! Even the upper body moves accordingly. There's so much next-gen stuff in terms of content and art in there, amazing!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I thought the reveal was weak. They didn't show any carrier ops. It was flashy not informative.

You were either spoiled as a kid or you are batshit crazy. It was the most awesome thing for DCS to-date.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Totally agree.

Unbelievable visuals in that F14 reveal... wow. Can't believe how the RIO is able to crank is neck to look around in such manner! Even the upper body moves accordingly. There's so much next-gen stuff in terms of content and art in there, amazing!

The liveliness of the RIO adds a human touch. I was thinking while watching the video, "Man, I really do have to look after him!"

Coming later, they've been saying for the past 12+ months B was going to be first off the cat.

Thanks, I was out of the country a lot so I missed a lot of the news.

I thought the reveal was weak. They didn't show any carrier ops. Don't get me wrong, it looks amazing, but the video was flashy not informative.

Typical DCS fan response. Never satisfied.

The reveal was beautiful and everything I had been hoping it would be. Some absolutely wonderful beauty shots of the F-14, a concise explanation that it will be almost feature complete when it's actually available in early access, where to buy it and a little bit of information about their new workflow system and the capabilities it brings.

Heatblur has always done their trailers very well in my opinion, and this truly is the best one yet, I cannot wait to get my hands on this aircraft, well done.

Nice reveal, looks awesome! :thumbup:

Pre-ordered :thumbup:

Only thing missing: Early Access date :music_whistling:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings