Performance issues after the latest update

30mikemike

well guys

so far by capping my framerate to 59.930 fps (basis to real refresh rate of 59.940 hz) I have the most fluid trackir experience !!!!!

it is absolutely amazing!!!

Gsync off, vsync off in game, vsync : fast in NVCP , and max fps capped with riva turner at 59.930 !!!!!

Absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Could someone please answer my question?

whether i run with full screen selected or not within game settings game always runs in full screen...what does it mean? which is what i want.

could someone explain please what is this LALT+ENTER thing? When do you do it and why do you do it? what is it for? thx...Gary

thx gary

well guys

so far by capping my framerate to 59.930 fps (basis to real refresh rate of 59.940 hz) I have the most fluid trackir experience !!!!!

it is absolutely amazing!!!

Gsync off, vsync off in game, vsync : fast in NVCP , and max fps capped with riva turner at 59.930 !!!!!

Absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!

OK.. I'm trying this. Also running 144hz Gysnc monitor. Currently capping fps in NVInspector to 60 with Limiter V2. Prior to last weeks update I was pretty smooth but also noticed an increase in stutters after the update.

Even with the 60 fps cap I still get microstutters with the mirrors on. Would be nice if I could fly with them on but oh well.

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

OK.. I'm trying this. Also running 144hz Gysnc monitor. Currently capping fps in NVInspector to 60 with Limiter V2. Prior to last weeks update I was pretty smooth but also noticed an increase in stutters after the update.

Even with the 60 fps cap I still get microstutters with the mirrors on. Would be nice if I could fly with them on but oh well.

you should definitely use msi riva turner statistic server to cap fps,

and by the way I run some more tests and in the end I've just capped back to 60fps (insteead of 59.930 ) and leave refresh rate at 144 hz.

As for the stutters I also have them with the recent open beta update, before I used to run msaa 2.0 and SSAA 1.5 but I had to put back SSAA to 0 in order to have a "almost" perfect smooth experience, but the micro-stutters are still present.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

you should definitely use msi riva turner statistic server to cap fps,

and by the way I run some more tests and in the end I've just capped back to 60fps (insteead of 59.930 ) and leave refresh rate at 144 hz.

As for the stutters I also have them with the recent open beta update, before I used to run msaa 2.0 and SSAA 1.5 but I had to put back SSAA to 0 in order to have a "almost" perfect smooth experience, but the micro-stutters are still present.

59.930 fps didn't work well for me. I went back to 60 fps cap in NVInspector with Gsync on. This seems to give me smoothest trackir experience. I'll try capping with Riva and see if I can see any difference.

The stuttering I noticed an increase in since the last beta were actually game performance stutters where there is a massive fps drop, stutter, then back to 60fps. The trackir microstuttering is different. I don't see any fps dip or any other performance isssue, its just out of sync frames/refresh rate. Mirrors on seems to make the trackir microstutter much worse and noticeable.

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

Performance seems to improved in the latest update. On the previous OB version I would get major stuttering and slow texture loading when flipping around the F2 view to various aircraft in the area. FPS would dive down into the 20's sometimes while textures were loaded in. That seems to be fixed. I'll do some more testing today but it's looking good so far.

Performance seems to improved in the latest update. On the previous OB version I would get major stuttering and slow texture loading when flipping around the F2 view to various aircraft in the area. FPS would dive down into the 20's sometimes while textures were loaded in. That seems to be fixed. I'll do some more testing today but it's looking good so far.

Let me know, lol I get home in about 6 Hours haha to test this out.

I7 8770K @Stock / 32 GB DDR4 / ASUS Prime Z370-A / MSI Armor GTX 1070 8GB / Samsung 850Pro x 4 Drives in R0 @ (2GBS R&W) / Windows 10 Pro

whether i run with full screen selected or not within game settings game always runs in full screen...what does it mean? which is what i want.

could someone explain please what is this LALT+ENTER thing? When do you do it and why do you do it? what is it for? thx...Gary

DCS always “appears” that it running in Full Screen mode, but it is actually in borderless windowed mode. LAlt-Enter puts it in true FS mode, the performance benefit of which seems to vary tween users, and is at least debatable. To make matters worse, I’m not aware of any “indicator” telling you which mode you’re in.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

I just did a couple of quickies, and agree, in VR, FPS appears to have been improved noticeably with the latest update (2.5.3.24436), and, subjectively, it seems as if the visuals are somewhat clearer, as far as instrumentation. Of course this could be also in part related to the latest SteamVR, or may not be.

Thanks ED team!

Actually I've noticed improvements in DCS/Rift VR over the last 3 updates especially in close up detail. I'm not seeing improvements in FPS still seem 45FPS with ASW ATM. However seems visuals are getting better and even DCS seems more responsive with some of the more recent updates.

I did the x.24436 update last night and flew in NTTR just a free flight and sampled the GPU using task manager and it seems to have reduced the average GPU usage for what seems to be 2.3.x eye candy.

Although I think I am now seeing lag like behavior on SP, could be multiple drop frames as it seems to coincide with hitting 100% GPU usage.

Oddly there doesn't seem to be information from ED in the update notes,

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Just a dumb question, I got my VR back from my son and started flying VR again.

When you say Steam VR, does that only apply if you run DCS via Steam or does this interfere with a plain DCS install as well? I have Steam installed but not the Steam-VR part.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

It interferes with any DCS install if using Vive / Wmr. With a Rift and DCS (steam or not) steam VR settings don't interfere. (with a Rift, DCS only uses oculus SDK)

Steam VR settings interferes with Rift if the VR app uses only steam VR to run all VR Hmd (despite the fact that Oculus SDK will of course be used in this case to make the Rift working)

I have VR games that need steam VR to work and in these cases steam VR settings (like supersampling or interleaved reprojection) interfere with Rift.

• 2 weeks later...
What is the Lalt Enter thing, never heard anything about it.

Forces DCS into full screen mode (Not windowed) etc.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

thx Chic. Tried the LALT+ENTER thing and with it activated my fps jump up considerably from usual locked 60fps with Vsync on. With it deactivated fps solid at 60fps with my settings. Quality wise there is no obvious difference ... perhaps slightly less stutter with LALT+ENTER.

DCS always “appears” that it running in Full Screen mode, but it is actually in borderless windowed mode. LAlt-Enter puts it in true FS mode, the performance benefit of which seems to vary tween users, and is at least debatable. To make matters worse, I’m not aware of any “indicator” telling you which mode you’re in.

Hope the quotes above help Oh-Zee. Some seem to think this solves stutter and improves performance but frankly I cannot see any difference using the LAlt+enter thing. I have just used fullscreen within system options for DCS and that causes game to run in borderless windowed mode as explained by Chic which is not true FS mode. My opinion is do not bother with it as has no gain.. I actually find with Vsync on within game and locked 60fps and no LALT+Enter better. I should point out I am using a 60HZ refresh rate monitor so Vsync in game locks the refresh rate within game to my monitors refresh rate.

.Gary