Axis mapping FFB bug

Vatikus

I have G940 and while this might be an old issue I have noticed it the most with the recent mig29 release.

attachment.php?attachmentid=196181&stc=1&d=1539844970

If you set the deadzone in your axis mapping, the deadzone does not move with trimmer. This results in a dead spot and creates pitch control problems.

To see/reproduce it easier, make sure that you have deadzone 10 or bigger.

This bug is in present across whole DCS.

I would recommend that whoever is going to fix this bug that axis curvature is double checked as well.

FFBbug.jpg.740fdc882ade7c9a26e6cddcdb86c5c9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I made further testing and went so far to create my own vjoy ffb device.

The result is that I can confirm that DCS uses curves and deadzone incorrectly if trimmer is simulated.

Since trim effect is setting logical offset from the physical center, DCS does not treat new trim position as physical center and this results in making a mess for the end user. DCS most likely uses directinput API for setting curves and deadzone, but these two functions cannot be used if one wants a correct behaviour. Thus to correct this, ED needs to implement own logical deadzone and curves which move with trim position.

It can be done. I've done it over the weekend. Since this problem effects all FBB users and that % of users is not small, it would be fair to push up fixing this bug.