DCS Input Device Polling Rates (Mouse+TrackIR) and laggy view panning

exray

I've been having an issue where panning the view with mouse OR TrackIR causes weird lag/stutter/judder/jitter whatever you want to call it.

I'm am starting to suspect that this has to do with polling rate / scan rate of usb control devices.

Is there some variable in DCS that adjusts the polling / scan rates of the mouse or TrackIR?

Could altering the rates (either + or -) make for smoother view panning? I'm almost certain it's related to the inputs because panning the camera with keyboard or HOTAS hat switches is very smooth.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am having same issue as per OP, I am struggling to find a solution for the trackir lag/stutter/judder/jitter, tried formatting os 10 times already , reinstalled DCS like 20-30 times already.....I would just llike to find the cause of this stuttering when using trackir....

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I lowered my mouse polling rate to 125 mhz down from 1000 mhz and that fixed the jutter for me. Not sure about Trackir though.

Lowered to mouse but trackir still lagging when panning.

Edited by Goa

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

It is something that worked fine until ED broke it around version 1.2 IIRC.

It's been broken literally for years now. Don't expect a fix.

I know it was broken with 1.2.6 and there was a fix for this stutter, but i guess they patched it.

but now the same stuttering appears again, is there anway to contact directly ED in order to send them logs if needed so they can look into their code?

The other strange thing is that this issue is not affecting everyone, (or maybe they don't realized to be affected as well), and they're runing trackir with no probs.

• 7 months later...
Lowered to mouse but trackir still lagging when panning.

Make sure your trackir is connected to an usb 3port in the back of the computer. Had shutter problems before and that fixed it.

Now today I also suddely got the mouse shutter and I havent done anything on the computer since the last time I played.

Lowering the poll rate did fix it, but I dont understand how this suddenly is a thing?!?!:joystick:

A couple of other threads suggest TIR problems are because it only likes framerates generated as multiples of 60 . I run with V-sync on at 60 frames and everything is butter-smooth . Without v-sync , i see micro-cogging when looking to the side .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Pretty pointless to add static planes to airfields to increase the immersion just a little bit, result is 20+ FPS lagfest. Using mouse to pan view results poor fps frame skipping etc. This is just ridiculous.

Why bother upgrading computer when DCS code kills it anyway.