DCS last Update: Big problem !!!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok rebinding all your controls not only does not fix it, its also a LOT of unnecessary work. A short bit of googling, and some sniffing around you'd have found these new "defaults" that get superimposed over your own, untouched, custom bindings. Get rid of those and no more problems.

ED have really messed it up this time, though.after trying to help a buddy on this issue (at first I was like you, "don't worry, it's easy to correct") I dont see currently a way to get saved bindings back. They really screwed it up. Im gonna wait before patching myself, in case ED comes up with a fix. Would be great of to first deign acknowledge it.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

ED have really messed it up this time, though.after trying to help a buddy on this issue (at first I was like you, "don't worry, it's easy to correct") I dont see currently a way to get saved bindings back. They really screwed it up. Im gonna wait before patching myself, in case ED comes up with a fix. Would be great of to first deign acknowledge it.

Follow these instructions:

Same here and numerous reports from my other squadron members.

Would ED be so kind to reply to any of these multiple threads that have started since yesterday?

http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

This happened last time ED introduced a new keybind (night vision for f-18 ).

How is this not picked up in testing ??

Please have real testers outside your office, and delay any updates that have game stopping issues.

Could we work together ? How ? look at twitch and youtube ...people work/help for the creators and It is very rare that a piece of content is not accessible.

Come on let's work together...

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This happened last time ED introduced a new keybind (night vision for f-18 ).

How is this not picked up in testing ??

This one is different. It's not a bug. They did this deliberately.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Backed up all input folders and replaced after update and tried the f-18 and it works

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This one is different. It's not a bug. They did this deliberately.

Lol Break the game ..nahhh don't think that was on purpose ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok just to pass on some info, if you have a saved folder of inputs etc, delete all the files in the dcs ka-50 input joystick folder except the default lua, then either re load, or like me re add your saved files from earlier.

if you haven't after this then make a backup somewhere else :)

Same problem here. So far discovered it on Su-25T - many crucial keybinds are red and do not work(for example weapon change, laser rangefinder,A2A mode...).

Using Thrustmaster T16000M FCS and TWC throttle.

Same problem on Su-27.

Edited by Marduk879

I had to re-bind all my controls for the F-18, but was able to do so without issues.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

It's being worked on...
Source? Official?

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

ok just to pass on some info, if you have a saved folder of inputs etc, delete all the files in the dcs ka-50 input joystick folder except the default lua, then either re load, or like me re add your saved files from earlier.

if you haven't after this then make a backup somewhere else :)

Ok this worked for me.. thanks. :thumbup:

1:- Always backup your controller profile categories whilst they work... before this/every patch.

2:- Go to where the game is installed and continue to the controller folder....

Example:- C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick

3:- Delete all (or move) all of the files except the one called "default.lua" from this folder.

4:- start the game and load your saved profiles back in...

Worked for my F18C... does not for the A10C.. Weird.. oh well..

Edited by gonk

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals

Can we have an official ED comment please.

Hi, after the horror of the latest binding gate, I've just had the nightmare of going through all the F18 bindings and noticed the F15 is just as bad.

Do we wait for a Hotfix or do we struggle on.

Can you let us know what the new control assignments are as well.

In anticipation :helpsmilie:

This issue is pretty much unavoidable for a module in Early Access (and sometimes even for an older module), because systems change during Early Access development and with that the controls change as well. For example: You first implement a simple ECM function where you can just push artifical hotkeys to dispense flares and chaff or activate ECM and later the actual ECm suite gets implemented and now you have to work with the actual HOTAS commands where you don't have a button for chaff or flare, but instead have to work with CM-programs. That's the nature of a module that is still in active development.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I’m a bit confused.

Went and flew a bunch of aircraft last night including the Spit, Gazelle, F18, harrier, Viggen and mirage, all with no issues.

Is this issue meant to be affecting everyone, or just pilots with certain kit?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

It is not unavoidable, you can leave all other mappings, that are not affected by that feature, what they were. Or you can migrate the old config, leaving only the ney functions unmapped.

It's a question whether you want to do that work for a module, where every customer knows (by the tag "early access") that everything can and probably will be subject to change

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

I’m a bit confused.

Went and flew a bunch of aircraft last night including the Spit, Gazelle, F18, harrier, Viggen and mirage, all with no issues.

Is this issue meant to be affecting everyone, or just pilots with certain kit?

It affects anyone using the equipment they made default profiles for - e.g. TM Warthog, Hotas X, 16000 among others.

For example, I, X-55 user, have no any issue about this problem.

But if ED will do same update for Saitek products next update, I could jump down from a mountain. :P

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068