DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

I can think of an acceptable compromise, to just allow placement of manned aircraft the same as you do with static aircraft, full on parking spots would be better. Obviously I don't know what this entails but it sure would be helpful.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

Based on today's update pics, they are showing us the Teddy Roosevelt, CVN-71. The Big Stick is coming!
Yeah, that is quite something good to see about the new carrier. Nice

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

+1 to Icefire's post. If we won't be able to put a significantly greater amount of planes on the carrier, what's the point? I get wanting to increase the detail and fidelity of the sim as well as appreciate the work. However having the increase in functionality is far far more important to us. It takes a long time to get everyone off deck and the amount of explosions is very detracting from the experience.

Based on today's update pics, they are showing us the Teddy Roosevelt, CVN-71. The Big Stick is coming!

Previously they show a CVN-74, has building all Theodore Roosevelt subclass?

attachment.php?attachmentid=200720&stc=1&d=1545896021

Aircraft-Carrier-Deck-Crew-Animations-01.jpg

I understand news is suppose to be coming out later this summer, but no specific news by now is really annoying. The only news we have is all vague. We know elevators work, but will we be able to use them? We know the LSO & Airboss stations, and Briefing room will be operable, but to what extent with us users? We know there's a hangar, but will we be towed to the hangar? How are we going to get to these rooms? Will we be able to walk around this environment and interact with it? But the main question is the parking? How are they planning on handling that? A snippet of info would be nice. At least for me.

Missing the Control of the carrier (CIC and Bridge?)....

Although we released a greatly improved and free Nimitz-class aircraft carrier at the time of the Hornet release, we are also working on a separate Nimitz-class aircraft carrier module. This product will have an incredible level of detail and include such features as a detailed and operable LSO and Air Boss stations, detailed modeling of the hangar, animated deck crew, briefing room, and control of the carrier.

New water effects? the foam has diferent.

DCS-Supercarrier-05.jpg

and look the "new" carrier vehicles

DCS-Supercarrier-02.jpg

DCS-Supercarrier-01.jpg

SH-60s has the old LOMAC AI models. No breaking wires yet, and no F-14s and S-3s on deck.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Aircraft-Carrier-Deck-Crew-Animations-01.jpg

Just a nitpick observation, but since you're putting names on vests, any yellow vest "Shooter" (not to be confused with a troubleshooter) is an officer and should have khaki or desert camo pants.

EDIT: Same goes for a white-vested LSO if they're not in a flightsuit.

Edited by Home Fries

Previously they show a CVN-74, has building all Theodore Roosevelt subclass?

The superstructure has bulbs configured in a "71" Shape, maybe that'll change or they'll change/remove the CVN-74 stencils on the deck crew vests.

DCS-Supercarrier-05.jpg

All the buzz about not buying this module if the spawning/parking glitch is not improved...due to some being inconvenienced in their operations... Seems an irrational boycott threat. Really?

If it is that much an inconvenience for a large operation why not add another carrier or two?

So what? But now you can spawn 8-12 in less time if mission timelines are all that important. Or is it about...What... you want to have 4 guys on the Cats with another 4-8 on deck waiting? Or 12 waiting, Cold starts with empty cats? That would be nice immersion... Cool to have a populated deck sure. Squadron Combat operations are a blast, you cant beat that for immersion and satisfaction.

Honestly, I can’t imagine many would forego what looks to be an awesome carrier upgrade because that operation might be status quo.

Surely ED is obviously aware and endeavor to solve the problem. Iirc...There has been some work on this recently here and there.

I have confidence ED will improve it but I won’t give up the module for spawning issues for which we find work arounds.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

QàIm mainly waiting to see what a disaster this is gonna be on GAW :)

Muliticolored shirts running feom planes everywhere! Its gonna be pandelerium!

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

All the buzz about not buying this module if the spawning/parking glitch is not improved...due to some being inconvenienced in their operations... Seems an irrational boycott threat. Really?

If it is that much an inconvenience for a large operation why not add another carrier or two?

So what? But now you can spawn 8-12 in less time if mission timelines are all that important. Or is it about...What... you want to have 4 guys on the Cats with another 4-8 on deck waiting? Or 12 waiting, Cold starts with empty cats? That would be nice immersion... Cool to have a populated deck sure. Squadron Combat operations are a blast, you cant beat that for immersion and satisfaction.

Honestly, I can’t imagine many would forego what looks to be an awesome carrier upgrade because that operation might be status quo.

Surely ED is obviously aware and endeavor to solve the problem. Iirc...There has been some work on this recently here and there.

I have confidence ED will improve it but I won’t give up the module for spawning issues for which we find work arounds.

Eye candy is great, but if the overall immersion is broken (like it currently is), what’s the point? There’s freeware deck crew, great freeware marshal/Lso scripts, but I want to be able to have our entire squadron man up on deck together, start up and taxi as required to take off.

I don’t want the hassle of multiple aircraft carriers, trying to work with multiple frequencies and tacans, multiple marshal holds the headache that causes in mission design. If I’m going to pay, probably $50 usd for an aircraft carrier, I want it to work properly, and that’s what others are saying.

We’ve been giving feedback on bugs in the carrier environment to ED for months, we haven’t heard anything and now we’re expecting all is fixed, just pay more money?

No....I’d like to hear some more about how they’ve tackled the bugs and problems that have been brought up regularly that haven’t been addressed.

Gonna need working tug vehicles to make proper parking. Our bugs and cats don't have rear gear afaik.

Btw: I'd love to hear the crew chat when the deck is calm.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Interesting...

The carrier's looking good, and the features shown have been requested by the community for years, but almost all the comments are negative and all from MP players who are a small minority of players - & most of the people that purchase the module will never face those issues even if they weren't to get fixed.

Cheers.

Interesting...

The carrier's looking good, and the features shown have been requested by the community for years, but almost all the comments are negative and all from MP players who are a small minority of players - & most of the people that purchase the module will never face those issues even if they weren't to get fixed.

Nice bit of projecting there buddy, good for you.

The reality here however, is that most of the seasoned players stick around because of the multiplayer, and that the broken spawns that people complain about are an embarrassment, not a minor problem. Considering the state of DCS, I don't see how anyone would defend ED after people complain to them about bugs in general. The game is full of them.

Yes, the carrier is looking GREAT but if I were asked, people that bought either the Hornet or the F-14 should get it automatically for free, I believe this isn't the case but I could be wrong. Knowing ED I probably aren't. "The features have been requested for years", exactly, and when they get around to improving the game, as they glacially do because only the modules make easy money they treat the carrier as one as well!

What's next? The "non-retarded missile logic" module? The "proper clouds" module? Or maybe the "actual, running VR" module?

I'll be the judge. That knee-jerk reaction to criticism is like a plague however. As if negative people don't a right to voice themselves. Grow up

You say grow up to me while you're the one (of many) whining. Nice joke. :megalol:

I'll say it again: if you don't agree with the way ED communicates, or does things, you're not obligated to buy any of their products. Simple as that.

Edited by dawgie79

Guys/Gals please keep discussion clean, respectful and relevant.

These are WIP Images, so naturally there's going to be some things that look out of place or incomplete.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• ED Team

Hi all,

please be civil with each other.

The screenshots gives us a small glimpse of what is to come, when ED are ready they will pass on more details of the carrier and all of its features.

edit: sniped by Skate :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

C'mon y'all chill out before this turns into the other carrier thread and the mods will have to close it. I think we're ALL in agreement that all we want is some info. Those pics are nice btw.

EDIT: sniped by Skate and Bigs :)

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Thanks for the screenshots, it's really interesting to see how this product is progressing, even though still heaps to complete by the looks of it.

I am genuinely interested in this module and waiting patiently for the end of summer for related news as mentioned by ED.

I am sure that DCS veterans, like myself, know this already that the nature of this simulation is that it is prone to bugs, and I am sure, that despite ED's best effort, some will slip through to the early access.

I am voting with my wallet, and I am voting YES.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I´m from the time of the Timex 2068 and back then we didn´t have any like this (DCS itself or forums where we can download user files or have a wish list), so, most of people here (not only here) don´t know the luck we have nowadays. They take everything for granted. Please, enjoy what we have and be happy because it´s always improving one way or another.

I´m very eager for this carrier module, i dream about this since early 80´s. I loved the wip pics and for sure i will enjoy at its fullest in VR when comes out. Enjoy and take care people, we are here for the same reason, the love of flying.

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

This thread doth runneth over with entitlement, I also see a few new guys trying to ''put their thing down''. Btw, everytime somebody wails ''MUH IMMERSION'' a baby seal gets clubbed. Enjoy being a game dev in 2019, ED, I don't envy you.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Looks amazing, it will be a real dream come true!

I was just wondering - willl these people be static, and players would have to move around them, or will they move dynamically, and perhaps out of the plane's way?

Also, I'm sure it's been stated before, but which carrier is it going to be?