How to set my offline AI Opponent to Highest Level? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-09-2019, 06:09 AM   #1
AureliusAugustus

Default How to set my offline AI Opponent to Highest Level?

Hey guys, sometimes, I don't have time to go online and I want to fight the AI at its best. How can I set my AI opponent to the highest skill level?

i9-7960X - ROG Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB 3600 MHz - GTX 2080 Ti SLI - VKB GF MCG Pro - Warthog /CH Pro Throttle - Slaw RX Viper Pedals - Rift S/Samsung Odyssey Plus, testing Pimax 5K

Flying online as "Aurelius" in IL2 1946, IL BOS, ROF and DCSW
AureliusAugustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 06:17 AM   #2
Hunter Joker

Excellent for the AI level and fuel to 40%

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

http://medusasquad.altervista.org/
http://medusasquad.altervista.org/forum/
https://www.youtube.com/user/garaganotube
Hunter Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 06:48 AM   #3
AureliusAugustus

Thanks Hunter, what I mean though is how do I set the AI level to 'excellent'. (What are the keyboard commands?)

i9-7960X - ROG Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB 3600 MHz - GTX 2080 Ti SLI - VKB GF MCG Pro - Warthog /CH Pro Throttle - Slaw RX Viper Pedals - Rift S/Samsung Odyssey Plus, testing Pimax 5K

Old 06-09-2019, 07:13 AM   #4
Magic Zach

A setting through the mission editor.

I warn you, this setting does not change the AI's thinking and decision skills. All it does is increase its tolerance of Gs, reduce its limits in general, and give it greater and greater accuracy. It will do the same thing and make the same choices so long as you make the same movements. This is simply a limit to the AI of DCS currently, but it is going to be improved by ED down the road.
Frankly, I believe that you can fly on multiplayer. The most populated server, Burning Skies, uses the default map and units. The only thing you need is a WWII module, and half an hour of your time.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:49 AM   #5
AureliusAugustus

I already fly on Burning Skies, just like to fly offline sometimes and test things. The AI in DCS seems really weak (less than IL2 which was programmed 15 plus years back) and once you begin to get into a turn fight, it always zooms up into a crazy climb and plunges back down again. It is not even a proper vertical turn fight. It is very weird.

Last edited by AureliusAugustus; 06-09-2019 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:11 AM   #6
Magic Zach

Yeah. DCS is just such a heavy and immense game that it is difficult to improve or correct specific issues within a good time frame. ED already has A, B, C, D through to Z and 1 through 13 to work on. AI is on their plate though, for improvement. It will just be some time. When following the progress of this simulator, it's good to practice patience, something which tbh many in this community don't seem to have.