Belsimtek Holidays update - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-02-2018, 09:33 AM   #31
mr_mojo97

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisBelle View Post
Happy new year

correckt me if I´m wrong, but I believe that the Tomcat will provide the next huge Milestone with the Jester AI whereas I dont know whether the Jester AI will be F-14 only or compatible with all current and future MC Modules in its basic function.
Not 100% sure but Jester AI is being designed and built by Heatblur, so unless they sell their tech to ED and other 3rd parties for implementation to their aircraft I’d say it’ll be only used by Heatblur for their own current and future projects
MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |
mr_mojo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:03 PM   #32
Avimimus

Very impressive! I love the AI work - it is the most difficult and most needed area.

As for the rest: Any plans for the window gunners (PKT)? Options regarding the gunners, armour or lack of armour, extra fuel or ammunition could really make the cargo compartment have interesting options.

Also, are there plans to model the 10xFAB100 bomb load out popular in Afghanistan or the 4xS-24 loadout that was used in Chechnya?
Avimimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:11 PM   #33
Fri13
Veteran

About the AI spotting, is there a way to guide the AI look a wanted direction and about range once you (as human) spot something?

As nothing is more frustrating than you spot something but AI is just going around something totally different heading or can't even see what you see.

With human co-pilots you can always say "11'clock half a klick, left side of the road". So it would be nice to get somehow AI to look general direction/area and focus to find there the target.
Fri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:12 PM   #34
Fri13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_mojo97 View Post
Not 100% sure but Jester AI is being designed and built by Heatblur, so unless they sell their tech to ED and other 3rd parties for implementation to their aircraft I’d say it’ll be only used by Heatblur for their own current and future projects
IIRC the Jester AI was available to be licensed by third party as well.
Fri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:34 PM   #35
Xoho

Will the AI prioritize certain targets such as track radars of SAM sites over the individual launchers?
Xoho is offline   Reply With Quote