When to expect the new cockpit updates?

Airhunter

Really looking forward to the new updates to the cockpit and the ASP model + clean glass by default. Any estimate on when to expect it?

+1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

And take away the option to have that unrealistic pipper please

Why taking away the option? If you want full realism just don't use it, I don't see why the whole choice should be removed

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Why taking away the option? If you want full realism just don't use it, I don't see why the whole choice should be removed

Because it is unrealistic and gives players that use it an unfair advantage in MP as they can use it to better track targets.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

And while we are at it, remove the CCIP bomb arcade mode, which you cannot even disable in the options.

Or better simulate it properly, with dialing in target area barometric altitude above sea level into the slant range unit, in the mission editor in aircraft's setup. Actually its a CCIP, its just so inconvenient and inaccurate in RL nobody used it in combat conditions(its ok for ideal conditions of test range). It calculates impact point from a difference of own and target's pre-dialed altitude, current pitch, speed and selected weapon's ballistic coefficient. A little mistake in altitude setup, or target drove away, or weather changed - and all the setup goes down the drain.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

If they could make the pipper work correctly in realistic mode, I would care less if there was a checkbox to make it work otherwise. But thing about it: should every aircraft have checkboxes to enable technology that was never available to that aircraft? Should I be able to use a checkbox to give a MiG-21 the radar and missiles of the MiG-29?

The object of DCS World is a bit different than War Thunder. You are supposed to like needing to read a real pilots manual to properly operate the aircraft. If that isn't for you, DCS World is probably a bad choice. Of course, ED knows that the hard-core flight sim market is possibly a bit too small sustain profitability, so they have game mode options, etc. So I am not against people being able to fly how they want in single player or when they choose to host multiplayer servers. But multiplayer server hosts should be able to decide the level of realism. If they want mods to hang AMRAAMs on F-86 Sabres, more power to them. But if they want a MiG-21bis that only have function as realistically as possible, they should be able to choose that, too.

I wouldn't mind of the MiG-21bis lost all of its inaccurate modeling options. But as long as I can choose to make it accurate, why would I care about the way someone else wants to fly?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Or better simulate it properly, with dialing in target area barometric altitude above sea level into the slant range unit, in the mission editor in aircraft's setup. Actually its a CCIP, its just so inconvenient and inaccurate in RL nobody used it in combat conditions(its ok for ideal conditions of test range). It calculates impact point from a difference of own and target's pre-dialed altitude, current pitch, speed and selected weapon's ballistic coefficient. A little mistake in altitude setup, or target drove away, or weather changed - and all the setup goes down the drain.

Method described by you was in use only with S-5, S-24 and GSh-23, bombs in MiG-21 are dropped exclusively manually according drop tables and manual ASP settings.

Method described by you was in use only with S-5, S-24 and GSh-23, bombs in MiG-21 are dropped exclusively manually according drop tables and manual ASP settings.

Yes, sorry, forgot to mention that. Ultimately, for anyone interested in Redfor, I strongly recommend to master L-39 and go through Kursant campaign several times.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

I wouldn't mind of the MiG-21bis lost all of its inaccurate modeling options. But as long as I can choose to make it accurate, why would I care about the way someone else wants to fly?

Because you would face these other people in multiplayer, where they will have an advantage because of these unrealistic settings (e.g. a missile pipper that will track the contact).

Tornado3 small.jpg

Because you would face these other people in multiplayer, where they will have an advantage because of these unrealistic settings (e.g. a missile pipper that will track the contact).

And I addressed that: server host should be able to choose the available options. But to be fair, the server should be able to limit all options/cheats that can impact the realism and/or play balance the host is trying to achieve. Of course, if the host chooses settings that people don't like, the host will empty.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, Phase I of the cockpit update is meant primarily to adress VR issues as it was created at the times when VR was not yet a thing.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Hi, I came here specifically because I just bought the 21, and in VR the cockpit looks a little wonky- the scale seems off, and the buttons/switches are tiny.

Will the cockpit update fix this problem for VR?

... eagerly awaiting MiG21´s update, especially for improved performance in VR.

To adjust the scale for the MiGs cockpit in VR, I´ve set the IPD in DCS to 48, so the scale feels more right.

lower DCS / VR / IPD setting --> scales up

higher DCS / VR / IPD setting --> scales down.

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

If it is unrealistic it should be removed or being disabled on more ambitious servers.

It should, but from what I see, the only servers that 99% of people fly on are GAW and the inferno. Once in a while a few guys are on the cold war servers or dogfight only servers. Otherwise its like 1 guy or 0 guys. Also I found a VERY strong correlation to the number of people playing on a server to "gamey or crutchy" things like labels (being a VR guy I really like those but I also get it for non-vr), autostart, F10 map usefulness etc. Or in the case of GAW using the webgci as crutch.

I had a guy ask me on GAW how I managed to startup a harrier faster than him (he spawned before me, and I was rolling before him)... Simple answer was that I knew how to start it manually, which is vastly quicker than the autostart on it. He was baffled that I could even do it. Thats the current state of online DCS though...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Is there any chance to get an RWR overhaul with the update? I'd love to be able to see the direction of the threat locking me... I think it is in the bugtracker since 2015 according a thread in the bugs section.

The MIG-21 is in my sight since I play DCS. The news about the cockpit update is awesome. When it will be completed, this will be the trigger for me to order it. I just love that little pure war machine...

• 2 months later...