Updated CVN-70 Carl Vinson??

AG-51_Razor

What would be the chances of getting a make over on the Vinson? Don't stone me for this suggestion but, couldn't ED just repaint the flight deck, put a new number on the island and name plate on the stern of the Stennis and call it good? It would be great to have 2 of those beauties floating around! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Essentially, they could release all Nimitz-class carriers as the size and specifications are all nearly the same. I imagine someone will mod it if ED doesn't get around to it.

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

It just seems like this would be a really easy thing for ED to do with very little effort (relatively speaking, of course) to provide several more flight decks to fly from. An especially important capability seeing as we are pretty restricted in what we can do today, in terms of being able to launch more than a handful of folks off one deck in a multiplayer mission.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IF we ever get a mapp takin place in the South China Seas

" IE Korean peninsula Theatre"

Then they aught to remodel the Carl Vinson

I think the only real reason they added the Stennis is because compared the Carl Vinson its been making greater amount of deployments post 1991 GUlf WAr to the Persian Gulf Region, which fits for the Theatre ( its the only logical explanation why they didn't just remodel the Vinson to begin with)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

The primary reason for keeping the old model was backwards compatability with old missions designed for it. Simply replacing the carrier would have immediately broke every mission ever made with it. This way, there is at least a transition period provided. Hopefully the old one will be removed outright in time.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2