What is CA and does it play along with A10? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-07-2018, 10:06 AM   #1
Biga42

Default What is CA and does it play along with A10?

I have DCS and F/A-18C and planing to buy A10C. Is CA an add on for the sim? I mean is the ground guys working together with the fly boys?

Thanks!
Biga42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:49 PM   #2
pepin1234

Yes it is possible in MP. Also in single player you can set auto pilot and move the unit or get coords for yourself, in this case you need to set this option to pilot control ground units
Old 08-07-2018, 05:12 PM   #3
Ramsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga42 View Post
Is CA an add on for the sim? I mean is the ground guys working together with the fly boys?
AFAIK CA was developed from a requirement for RL JTAC's to train in comm's and 9-line protocols in the professional version with A-10C pilots.

As such, CA is strong for replicating JTAC procedures in MP.

JTAC Operations: https://youtu.be/ykBpe6F0-YE?t=54s

As a standalone module, CA is much weaker as, the GUI is little more than version of the Mission Editor and managing waypoints, groups, etc. pretty awkward, micro intensive and unintuitive.

Without an ability to save and the slow pace of ground warfare in DCS, I've only played a 'full' CA mission once - 7 hrs to advance through a few towns/villages. To resume a week later - loaded the track file and a 30 min fast forwarded to resume from where I'd left off.

I think most owners use CA to add player JTAC's or for it's 'Game master' features to call in artillery, cruise missiles or micro-manage SAM radars.

This video demo's some CA features

https://youtu.be/Iusm0xD_9Z4?t=3m5s

Unfortunately I've never had the 'fun' using CA, videos like these suggest - so unless there's a special reason/feature you need right away, I always advise players to buy CA in a sale.

ATM CA isn't compatible with VR head tracking.

YMMV

Last edited by Ramsay; 08-07-2018 at 05:41 PM.
Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:36 AM   #4
Biga42

Thanks Guys!
Biga42 is offline   Reply With Quote