1 day left!

It's official (kidding), the Spit will be released tomorrow as my gaming computer just had the main SSD drive fail and I had to use my DCS drive (the only other SSD drive I have) until the new one arrives next week... So now that I can't play, it will definitely be coming out!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

It's official (kidding), the Spit will be released tomorrow as my gaming computer just had the main SSD drive fail and I had to use my DCS drive (the only other SSD drive I have) until the new one arrives next week... So now that I can't play, it will definitely be coming out!

Aww man so sorry to hear that, praying you can get a new one soon!

In the mean time I'm sure many of us will be making videos of the spit to hold you over till then...

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

Aww man so sorry to hear that, praying you can get a new one soon!

In the mean time I'm sure many of us will be making videos of the spit to hold you over till then...

I hear lemon really helps to rub the salt in....

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

I have not seen this posted anywhere and found it a very interesting 20 minute diversion

This is the most biased and unprofessional comparison video I saw. It's quite fun to watch and count narrator and actors mistakes and so-called facts.

Edited by Necroscope

Всех убью, один останусь!

Just made the pre-purchase. Can't wait for tomorrow (or actually today). The bad news is that all my other modules will stay in hangars for a while.

I really hope that its not going to be postponed as also that there will be some servers to practice on.

Any news on the content that is going to be released with Spit - training missions, campaign. It's been rather quiet for some time. Would be great that at least we'll get the manual.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

This is the most biased and unprofessional comparison video I saw. It's quite fun to watch and count narrator and actors mistakes and so-called facts.

I agree, I think when anyone says "It can do anything you want it to do" it is always a biased statement. I think we are all reasonable enough to know that all aircrafts have flaws in some way and almost none of them (I've yet to find/see one) can do "anything you want it to." I guess he never wanted to push the aircraft into a dive? Because the early spitfires (even mentioned in the video) had a serious problem with such an action. While it is a good video I think the relevance is a little low as they were both early versions of the spitfire and 109 and flight characteristics (relative of one another and not) changed with later variants. One example being the early 109s (particularly the Es) had unfavorable stall characteristics while the G models and later can be argued to have some of the best stalling characteristics of the war.

Both Bob and Charlie flew Spitfires, Bob in the Battle and Charlie at air shows. Their opinion is still vastly more believable than that of 'book' experts. The carb problem on a Spit was well known and the guys flew around the problem. As for the 109? No idea, never worked on them.

Edited by Harry.R

• ED Team
Well I personally am a little bit disapointed at ED. I want to have my Spit today..

the day is not over, get a grip of yourself :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Beautiful :worthy:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

My body is ready. Bring it on guys !

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Of course it is but is biased towards the Spitfire :) At the moment I know very little about the details of the Spit so I lap up every video I can find to glean interesting or important snippets:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]