• SU-27
    • UH-1H Huey
    • MIG-21bis
    • Fw 190 D-9 Dora
    • Hawk T.1A
    • other (post note)

---- VAICOM 2.0 for VoiceAttack ----

VAICOM.jpg

VAICOM is by far the most advanced and powerful voice recognition package available for DCS World today. Next Generation version 2.0 makes the sim’s traditional weak spot, i.e. the F-key based comms menus, fully obsolete and ready for the museum. Set up your system for VAICOM 2.0 and you will be having true-to-life and real-time conversations directly with the sim's AI, adding to deep immersion and realism as well as providing huge battlefield advantages through fast response times in the heat of complex missions. VAICOM's dynamic logic engine makes sure you'll never have to think about F-keys again!

VAICOM 2.0 has been completely reworked from version 1.1, building on the latest VoiceAttack toolkit. This version allows for virtually unlimited freedom of speech with keyword-based and context-sensitive command interpretation. Full callsign support for player and all recipient types, as well as all-comprehensive flows for dynamic ATC handling and complex multi-pass JTAC coord/WP/IR/LASE type attacks, make VAICOM 2.0 unique in its kind.

A-10C and F-15C profiles are included, and new add-on profiles for other aircraft modules will be released separately.

VAICOM can be used with Easy Communications set to either ON or OFF.

---- DOWNLOAD VAICOM 2.0 HERE: ----

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1523496/

Please read carefully the included User Guide for installation und usage instructions

(PDF also attached to this post for reference).

NOTE: Use of Autohotkey (or TARGET) is no longer required with latest VA versions.

Refer to the note attached to this post on how to set up PTT directly with your HOTAS.

NOTE: The Static ATC mod requires a fix for DCS 1.5 and 2.0 versions, get it here

sthompson fix for Static ATC

---- AVAILABLE ADD-ON MODULES: ----

*) MIG-15bis download here

*) MI8-MTV2 download here

*) M-2000C download here

*) F-86F download here

*) KA-50 download here

*) UH-1H download here

*) MIG-21bis download here

*) SU-27 download here

*) A-10A download here

*) SU-25/SU-25T download here

*) P-51D/TF-51D download here

*) F-15C download here (note: updated version)

*) A-10C download here (note: updated version)

---- PLANNED NEXT ----

*) VAICOM 2.5 is work in progress: read update here.

Happy Hunting!

Hollywood

VAICOM uses VoiceAttack software: http://www.voiceattack.com/ (current version: 1.6.7)

VIDEO:

mqdefault.webp

https://www.youtube.com/embed/kNyJUs3WaNE

VAICOM 2.0 User Manual.pdf

Note for 1.5 openbeta users.txt

Non-US International keyboards.txt

Fix for Nalchik ATC.txt

HOTAS PTT direct setup.txt

Edited by Hollywood_315
  • Like 3

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some important and useful things now that hollywood has released 2.0, different things that should help everyone get VAICOM setup fairly smoothly.

Autohotkey: http://autohotkey.com

Autohotkey Joystick Test Script (Finds your AHK driver numbers): Download Here

Single Post write up on setting up Autohotkey with vaicom: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2512931&postcount=38

Video Walkthrough on setting up VoiceAttack, Autohotkey and VAICOM for the first time:

Embedded Video in spoiler:

Yes, the video is a little lengthy, this is the first time i've done a walkthrough/tutorial video, and i did it all improvised, no script lol, I tend to leave these styles of videos to people like Bunyap.

Anyways, hope this will help some of you guys with questions. If not feel free to PM me if you need some more help setting up VAICOM.

Also, I plan on making another video with an In-game walkthrough of how your keybinds should be, as well as a quick walkthrough on some of the ATC, JTAC, and AWACS calls.

Edited by Davison

Is this better than VAC then? I was using that for about 2 years and it hardly recognised my voice half the time (northern English)!

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Is this better than VAC then? I was using that for about 2 years and it hardly recognised my voice half the time (northern English)!

I've never used vac, so i cant speak to that, but using VAICOM with voiceattack works perfect for me, very few problems with it.

Please do the key binds video - I think this is where I struggle most to understand.

Kind Regards,

Gary

I'll do my best to get it done, and released by the weekend.

In the mean time, send me a PM with your joystick/throttle info (is it a T.M. Warthog, or an X52, X55, etc.) and also, have you set up auto hotkey or not. and ill shoot you back a reply with how your controls should look with VAICOM.

Just to chime in. Yes Voice attack is better than VAC. I own both and only use Voice Attack now. I have not used Voice Attack with DCS yet but I have used it extensively with Elite Dangerous. Using Voice Attack with DCS should be awesome. Voice Attack always gets installed along with my HOTAS Cougar, TrackIR 5 and TeamSpeak software.

Out

Looking forward to getting this installed! I've used 1.1 and found it to be a great mod.

When I try to import the profiles (A10 or F15) I get an error:

Error loading profile data

These is an error in XML document (18,12)

Any ideas? Thanks

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

VAC uses your Windows Speech Recognition. If it's having trouble then you'll need to spend about 10+ minutes reading to Windows so that it can get accustomed to your voice/accent. The more you read to it the better it gets.

You can access it by typing Windows Speech Recognition into the start menu, or from controll panel (ALL Control Panel items).

This VAICOM sounds good, does it just send the F1-F12 key commands into DCS, or does it use some underlying LUA script to send specific commands, regardless of where in the communications menu you are ?

e.g. If you are in the ATC sub menu, can you say "Flight Attack My Target", will it know to move up into the main menu and then down into the Flight sub menu?

Because if it does that I'm onboard :)

Edited by TomOnSteam

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

I think I must've mucked up the setup... It doesn't send commands, and if I monitor the VoiceAttack window when I speak it detects my speech correctly but gives an "invalid radio" error. Also it always thinks easy communication is turned off, even when I turn it on and reload the profile (When it loads the profile it says Easy Communications is false). I tried turning on easy communications in both 1.2 and 1.5b and it still has the same message...

This VAICOM sounds good, does it just send the F1-F12 key commands into DCS, or does it use some underlying LUA script to send specific commands, regardless of where in the communications menu you are ?

It sends F-key sequences in the background, this is needed until ED will expose the voice commands over UDP so people can start using lua for this. VAICOM scripting dynamically keeps track of the command pages you're in at any time: you can fly with menus invisible and it will send the right commands to DCS based on your voice inputs.

e.g. If you are in the ATC sub menu, can you say "Flight Attack My Target", will it know to move up into the main menu and then down into the Flight sub menu? Because if it does that I'm onboard :)

Yes it certainly does that but it actually goes way further. For example you can say 'Two, Engage Air Defenses from the North with GBUs' and it will automatically construct and send the correct F-key sequence in the background for this. In a two-ship flight you can call 'Two, Go Trail' instead of having to say 'Flight, Go Trail' which is appropriate for 2-ship formations. If you're in a JTAC engagement you can call 'What is My Target?' at any time and VAICOM will send out the right command regardless of in which stage you are (in the comms menus these commands continously change position).More examples in the manual.

Welcome onboard :thumbup:

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

My full respect, Hollywood. Seems like a ton of work. Coming from Star Citizen back to DCS I've experienced how much a powerful VA script will enchance gameplay.

Now before I dive into VIACOM can you tell me how it will behave with the other DCS modules? I am mainly flying the SU-25 and Mig-21 atm - should it still work with these modules? I know those do not have the depth of, let's say, the A-10C communications, but the basic stuff like calling up ATC, etc. should be the same - no?

Kirin out

How it will behave with the other DCS modules? I am mainly flying the SU-25 and Mig-21 atm - should it still work with these modules? I know those do not have the depth of, let's say, the A-10C communications, but the basic stuff like calling up ATC, etc. should be the same - no?

Thanks Kirin

To be honest I don't know: I only tested with A-10C and F-15C. But of course you can try!

Like you say, I expect that a lot of the basic functions will work. Let me know how it goes.

The profiles can of course be modified for additional functions.

I believe someone worked on an adaptation of VAICOM 1.1 for the MIG-21 a while back.

If someone is serious about making a new profile for another aircraft module then that will be great, happy to support where I can.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

I think I must've mucked up the setup... It doesn't send commands, and if I monitor the VoiceAttack window when I speak it detects my speech correctly but gives an "invalid radio" error. Also it always thinks easy communication is turned off, even when I turn it on and reload the profile (When it loads the profile it says Easy Communications is false). I tried turning on easy communications in both 1.2 and 1.5b and it still has the same message...

Wraith, did you get this sorted out? I am having the same issue!

CaptDoctor, Wraith and all:

First of all note that VAICOM doesn't update the Easy Communications setting until you load a new mission. So load a new mission and then re-initialize (recommended to use the 'Start Mission' command for this, see manual). You should then see the updated setting in VA log.

Second, there seems to be a snag with 1.5ob loading of mission data.

Try below workaround and let me know how it goes.

Thanks

--- NOTE FOR 1.5 OPENBETA USERS ---

Issue:

ED has made DCS 1.5ob a complete separate install from 1.2 which causes

VAICOM to not correctly load settings/mission data for 1.5ob. You will see some 'file

not found' messages when VAICOM initializes.

This has to do with DCS folder naming, it should automatically be resolved when ED

releases 1.5 as an official update (which should be very soon now).

Workaround:

In the mean time if you're on 1.5ob you can try this. With a text editor (notepad or

Notepad++) edit the file called 'VAICOM_fetch_data.cmd' in VAICOM\Tools folder

and change this line

'COPY /Y %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\tempMission.miz TEMP\tempMission.zip'

into:

COPY /Y "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\tempMission.miz" TEMP\tempMission.zip

(edit: remove the space in the filename, Forum text editor screwed with this)

Note that when 1.5 gets out as an official release you will have to change this back.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hey Jack, zionid

You need VoiceAttack latest BETA version, download from here:

http://www.voiceattack.com/beta.aspx

Details in the manual.

Cheers

Thanks- but the link no longer seems to function-

Instead I get a white page with

"Sorry... there is no beta version available at this time. Oh... in case you were wondering... I *was* too lazy to make a real page for this message :) Click me to go to the site"

Clicking it sends me to the site but I can't see any beta there

Hmm, yes I see it. My guess is it's temporary, they're probably updating to a new beta version or doing site maintenance. Try again a bit later today. If the issue should remain for some reason I can set up an alternative download link.

EDIT: It seems VA has just updated their main version to 1.5.8. That should work for VAICOM, I just updated VA on my system and all seems to work fine. Can you download that version and let me know if any issues. Thanks

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Thank you for this.

I use Voice attack for some of the KA-50 controls already and was going to set up a profile for some of the controls on the F-15C. Viacom is a much better way of handling the radio commands than how I was going to do it.

Looking forward to trying this out :)

Many thanks!

Edited by Tumbleweed

My Hangar: P-51D Mustang - KA-50 Blackshark - A-10C Warthog - F-86F Sabre - FC3 - Combined Arms - UH-1H

My Flying Adventures: www.dcs-pilot.com :pilotfly:

Thanks!

Can't load / import F-15C profile into Voice Attack. I get an error pop up box which says: Error loading profile data. [There is an error in XML document (18,12).]

Simply update your VoiceAttack to latest version ( 1.5.8 ).

It's in the Options menu (wrench icon), press 'check for updates'.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com