MFG Crosswind brake behaviour

EDIT: Sorry, I solved this just minutes after posting. I reset the pedals to "default" in the settings tab of the MFG pedals in the Windows game controller setup. Maybe this will help someone else.

I just recently noticed that the brakes on my Crosseing pedals are acting weird, and I'm not sure if it's always been like that.

When I begin to depress my brakes the X and Y axes automatically jump to 50% of travel and I only get a response in the 50 to 100% range.

Is this normal behaviour?

I've installed the latest firmware, done the calibration in the MFG configurator, and have tried multiple settings, but can't get the full range from 0 to 100% working.

Anyone know what's going on?

Edited by Boris
  • Like 1

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I occasionally get weird X-Wind behavior too with the brakes

I cannot remember which order but one axis acts normally but at the same time it also applies around 50% input on the other axis

The opposite axis only applies somewhere around 25% input when operated and has no effect on the other

Unplugging and resetting fixes the issue for a long time.

I think there may be some sort of firmware bug because it is quite rare and has been like this for a long time.

I thought it was just me that got weird behavior, I'll check my Windows Game controllers............thanks

EDIT: Sorry, I solved this just minutes after posting. I reset the pedals to "default" in the settings tab of the MFG pedals in the Windows game controller setup. Maybe this will help someone else.

I just recently noticed that the brakes on my Crosseing pedals are acting weird, and I'm not sure if it's always been like that.

When I begin to depress my brakes the X and Y axes automatically jump to 50% of travel and I only get a response in the 50 to 100% range.

Is this normal behaviour?

I've installed the latest firmware, done the calibration in the MFG configurator, and have tried multiple settings, but can't get the full range from 0 to 100% working.

Anyone know what's going on?

+1 :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

I too have had a couple weird problems with my right toe brake that I haven't been able to nail down, but it hasn't been a persistent thing.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

• 3 years later...

Hi All

I'm having a problem with my MFG crosswind pedals that it sounds like some of you might recognise.

Pushing on the rudder pedal with my right foot (i.e. operating the Rx axis),  is causing the the right toe brake (Y axis) to respond. I am not moving the the brake pedal through its arc of movement & indeed I get the same response of i push on the rudder cross bars rather than the pedal!

There is obviously some sort of coupling occurring between the Rx axis & the Y axis, but I have no idea how to troubleshoot or resolve it, so any ideas or known solutions would be most welcome.

Just for completeness the Y axis appears to function normally when operated in isolation & the X axis ( left toe brake) works just fine. I have checked that the firmware is up to date & have run the MFG Configurator software as per the instructions in the manual but still no dice.

Thanks

Edited by SpiffnZ
good manners

Intel i7 12th gen 3.61 GHz, GTX 1080ti, 32gb Hyper X fury ddr5, Rift S

If you have run through the MFG software calibration and it still does that, suggest you contact Milan. He is typically very responsive.

Only calibrate with the MFG software, never Windows.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 4 weeks later...

I had the issue of the brakes being calibrated in configuration software but only providing 50%-100% in windows ano thus all windows games, I contacted Milan at MFG and he quickly pointed out that the FAQ on the website addresses these issues. 

Feeling stupid, for not RTFM, i read the FAQ and indeed it did address the issue. Strongly recommend to read the FAQ to avoid feeling my embarrassment. I apologised to Milan and he was gracious 

https://mfg-sim.com/en/content/6-faq

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1