Evade Fire & Passive Defence

Hello to all,

As the title says i would like to ask what is the exact difference between evade fire and passive defence (for the AI) at the advance waypoint actions.

I know what evade means but i would like to know how the AI reacts at these 2 options when i shoot a missle..

Evade means: chaff /flares against the fired missle and then RTB or chaff/flares and then continue with the engagement? (the same goes for passive defence)

I want to set up an AI that it will react at fired missles but not escape and flee but rather continue the battle and try to shoot me down..

What is the best option? :helpsmilie:

Thnx in advance for your answers and sorry for my bad english... :pilotfly:

Lock-On Greece / DCS World Greece http://lockon-greece.forumotion.net/

🇬🇷 1st Hellinic Virtual Squadron for Flaming Cliffs & DCS World
~ Flying since 2008 ~

Hello to all,

As the title says i would like to ask what is the exact difference between evade fire and passive defense (for the AI) at the advance waypoint actions.

Something along these lines.

Passive Defense means:

1. Chaff / flares against radar scanning and fired missiles and does no combat maneuvers at all to avoid missiles and doesn't engage combatant.
  2. IF able to continue and not damaged, at Bingo fuel, or not out of ammo continue with mission, otherwise RTB.
  3. Will not jettison fuel tanks or weapons, even when under attack.

Evade Fire means:

1. Chaff / flares against radar scanning and fired missile and does basic combat maneuvers to avoid missiles and engage combatant.
  2. IF able to kill combatant and not damaged, at Bingo fuel, or not out of ammo continue with mission, otherwise RTB.
  3. Will jettison fuel tanks and some weapons, if attacked to become more maneuverable when under attack (can be over ridden with advanced waypoint command to not jettison under any circumstance).

Evasive Vertical Maneuvers means:

1. Chaff / flares against radar scanning and fired missile and does advanced combat maneuvers to avoid missiles and engage combatant.
  2. IF able to kill combatant and not damaged, at Bingo fuel, or not out of ammo continue with mission, otherwise RTB.
  3. Will jettison fuel tanks and some weapons, if attacked to become more maneuverable when under attack (can be over ridden with advanced waypoint command to not jettison under any circumstance).

Best to use Evasive Vertical Maneuvers for more of a challenge from the AI when up against fighter / interceptors, but might use other settings for different flights for SEAD or Bombers as they need to accomplish different goals and aren't good for dogfighting.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Thnx a lot MadDog-IC, your answers were crystal clear!

(but the advanced waypoint command to not jettison under any circumstance is not there, i can't find it...)

Edited by Spanker79

~ Flying since 2008 ~

Thnx a lot MadDog-IC, your answers were crystal clear!

(but the advanced waypoint command to not jettison under any circumstance is not there, i can't find it...)

Which aircraft?

"Restrict Jettison" is OFF by default (meaning aircraft will dump stores when attacked) but you should see a check box that if checked, makes "Restrict Jettison" true (meaning they will NOT jettison stores when attacked)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Which aircraft?

"Restrict Jettison" is OFF by default (meaning aircraft will dump stores when attacked) but you should see a check box that if checked, makes "Restrict Jettison" true (meaning they will NOT jettison stores when attacked)

LOL silly me..I didn't scroll down.... daaaaaa

Edited by Spanker79

~ Flying since 2008 ~