C-101 BUGS WE ARE TRACKING

Tango

UPDATE:

Switched to static weather on the server and now the C-101 doesn´t cause a crash to desktop. Strange.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original post:

Hi, I´m new to the C-101.

I´m running a open beta server with the latest version. Whenever someone wants to join the C-101, DCS(client only, server remains unaffected) crashes to the desktop with the following message(sorry, in german only)

Problemsignatur:

Problemereignisname: APPCRASH

Anwendungsname: DCS.exe

Anwendungsversion: 1.2.16.38741

Anwendungszeitstempel: 5523e774

Fehlermodulname: Weather.dll

Fehlermodulversion: 1.2.16.38741

Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 5512d143

Ausnahmecode: c0000005

Ausnahmeoffset: 0000000000006eec

Betriebsystemversion: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48

Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

Zusatzinformation 1: b27f

Zusatzinformation 2: b27fed3e4e940c3277aa37f2a3b52313

Zusatzinformation 3: 9883

Zusatzinformation 4: 98831c06c1ab376b4c6ac8aef40b61ca

Is this known?

It´s the only aircraft where it happens, and another client had it aswell.

Fox

Edited by iFoxRomeo
update
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

I have found a bug while playing online. when you crash or take a new jet the warning sound after you turn on the battery Is gone, and the ILS NDB channel doesn't work.

can anyone else check this out to see If im the only one getting these problems?

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Numpad + and - worked for me just 5mins ago (with the newest patch) without any control changes.

However, control surfaces in external view don't seem to move at all with keyboard only and no joystick plugged in... And flaps will stick to takoff pos after pressing buttons if you put HOTAS Flap Down/Up controls to kb. Switch in cockpit works.

Also in cockpit view seems to have similar FPS issues as MiG-21bis had before optimization... Other than these it feels and looks pretty good after first test flight :)

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/c/antimonni

PC SPECS: Win10 Home 64Bit, i5-2500K @4GHz, 32Gb DDR3, 6Gb Nvidia GeForce GTX980Ti, 2 SSDs+HDD

CONTROLS: TM Warthog HOTAS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / TM MFD Cougar x4 / TIR 5

MODULES: Almost everything!

searched the thread for "landing gear", didnt find anything regarding my matter, so...

i pushed the landing gear override button and retracted the gear, getting a nice hovercraft, already known?

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

searched the thread for "landing gear", didnt find anything regarding my matter, so...

i pushed the landing gear override button and retracted the gear, getting a nice hovercraft, already known?

regards,

RR

Yes, it's an SFM limitation, will be OK with AFM.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Controls in the cockpit and control surfaces in external view aren't working...

Keyboard only, no joystick installed atm.

Same problem in the Hawk. Someone said it's an activation issue, but I bought both modules from ED Store (digitalcombatsimulator.com) and did A clean install (no open betas or any version before) It asked for activation codes the first time I run them and said they were activated. Both are properly shown in Module Manager and ED account...

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/c/antimonni

PC SPECS: Win10 Home 64Bit, i5-2500K @4GHz, 32Gb DDR3, 6Gb Nvidia GeForce GTX980Ti, 2 SSDs+HDD

CONTROLS: TM Warthog HOTAS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / TM MFD Cougar x4 / TIR 5

MODULES: Almost everything!

Controls in the cockpit and control surfaces in external view aren't working...

Keyboard only, no joystick installed atm.

Same problem in the Hawk. Someone said it's an activation issue, but I bought both modules from ED Store (digitalcombatsimulator.com) and did A clean install (no open betas or any version before) It asked for activation codes the first time I run them and said they were activated. Both are properly shown in Module Manager and ED account...

This is also known. WIP.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very glad for getting the mapping options, thanks. :)

Now to the bad points:

- comms still don't work, even with the key bound, which means no refueling and no repairs (annoying if you flew across the map and then had a hard landing that you survived)

- even with mapping fixes the autostart still doesn't work

- and for some reason after a while flaps will stop responding - doesn't matter if I use joystick buttons or keyboard or even the switch in cockpit - there was no damage to plane so that can't be the reason. they just stopped responding and working

- autopilot (lalt+2) has some issues, for some reason it allows the plane to drift off-course. Set it to 150', came back to the PC 10 minutes later and for some reason my plane was now flying 030' course

- occasionally the radio (?) aka the digital screen with numbers under the floodlight switch won't work after start

- the high-pitched beep when you turn battery on occasionally won't work when doing cold start

- when switching from another craft into the C101 (at least on a server) the game will crash, but that won't happen when you connect to server and chose the 101 as your first plane

and lastly, but not least

- there is no control indication (rctrl+Enter) that every DCS module has. Something that can be a bit hampering in a plane that has such a slow pick up and top speed as the C101

Edited by tovivan

Very glad for getting the mapping options, thanks. :)

Now to the bad points:

- and for some reason after a while flaps will stop responding - doesn't matter if I use joystick buttons or keyboard or even the switch in cockpit - there was no damage to plane so that can't be the reason. they just stopped responding and working

Did you operate the flap during relatively high speed?

- autopilot (lalt+2) has some issues, for some reason it allows the plane to drift off-course. Set it to 150', came back to the PC 10 minutes later and for some reason my plane was now flying 030' course

IIRC, 101 does not have AP.

- when switching from another craft into the C101 (at least on a server) the game will crash, but that won't happen when you connect to server and chose the 101 as your first plane

and lastly, but not least

I tried, but cannot reproduce them at least on VA server.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Did you operate the flap during relatively high speed?

Nope, deployed them around 200 kts.

IIRC, 101 does not have AP.

Yes, it does. :) Has less functions than FC3 planes iirc, but same buttons. lalt+2 engages the usual alt+heading hold, while lalt+9 disables it.

I tried, but cannot reproduce them at least on VA server.

It was actually there that this happened.

Mentioned it in chat and at least one other person confirmed it.

Yes, it does. :) Has less functions than FC3 planes iirc, but same buttons. lalt+2 engages the usual alt+heading hold, while lalt+9 disables it.

C-101 has no autopilot; only the flight director (which is that numeric keypad at the lower right part of the instrument panel). What you're seeing is artifacts from the Su-25T lua, since the C-101 lua hasn't been completely fleshed out yet.

• 2 weeks later...

That's ED's AFM limitation, there's nothing we can do about it. In any case, it will be solved with AFM, hopefully.

On the other hand, landing on water is probably not the most unrealistic thing you'll see in DCS :):

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:) I love your work ... c101 it's been a nice surprise . I didn't love this kind of planes (training planes) till c101 has been released. Well done .

Hope to try "soon" cc version ... doesn't matter the time it takes.. just you make a good job .. but I'm sure about that.