Raven One preview

[YouTube]8dxlPUPx0MI

Seems really nice .. cant wait to try it myself :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

This should be awesome, I also enjoyed the novel. The preview mission didn’t show anything intense but as someone who’s played through his A-10c campaign a few times, I know what to expect later on.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

thank you for this preview. It caused me to check out the first book and after reading the description, i immediately bought the audiobook, and its been great. I have been looking for something like this ever since i listened to Viper Pilot by Dan Hampton.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

• 2 weeks later...
thank you for this preview. It caused me to check out the first book and after reading the description, i immediately bought the audiobook, and its been great. I have been looking for something like this ever since i listened to Viper Pilot by Dan Hampton.

Loved that book. Especially the part about training the Egyptians :))

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

This looks amazing! Will the Super Carrier be mandatory, or will there also be a version using the Stennis?

No, it is supercarrier only

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Vaicom does work within the game for the non scripted responses that are not driven by the mission. Wingman calls don’t exist as it’s controlled by the mission, but interaction is there via the F10 menu and saying take 1, 2, 3 etc when prompted on screen.

I just finished M03 and totally love the campaign, only issue I’ve seen so far is not all the info is on the kneeboards. Mother ICLS isn’t mentioned, tower or approach freq’s are not included but you can normally fumble around and make it work. Overall it’s a giant thumbs up as I’m enjoying it more than multiplayer for the realism.

Will Vaicom work for some things with radio or all scripted comms?

Mother ICLS isn’t mentioned, tower or approach freq’s are not included but you can normally fumble around and make it work.

It's all there on the kneeboard cards. Take another look. ;) In some missions you are directed to revert to the game's default menus / comms for recovery.