How to create a refuel / rearm point on the side of the road? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-02-2018, 01:33 PM   #1
Kroll

Default How to create a refuel / rearm point on the side of the road?

Hello,

I'm trying to launch a few Harriers from the road. What vehicles do I need next to the road? Will this work? If I put a FARP in the grass next to the road but launch and land on the road will I be able to refuel? I can't stand how the Farp is puffed up.

I know there was a cool mod. My understanding is that is doesn't work in 2.5. Razbam is it possible to make some Harrier specific FARPs?
Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:05 PM   #2
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Hello,

I'm trying to launch a few Harriers from the road. What vehicles do I need next to the road? Will this work? If I put a FARP in the grass next to the road but launch and land on the road will I be able to refuel? I can't stand how the Farp is puffed up.

I know there was a cool mod. My understanding is that is doesn't work in 2.5. Razbam is it possible to make some Harrier specific FARPs?
Well, I guess a great number of mission builders would love to get a simple "Refuel-Zone" or the new single pad FARP without the goddamn FARP hill... I personally had high hopes for the "Grass Airfield", but it seems I can't get that to work as an Airfield/FARP/Refuel point either.

The most simple thing to solve this, would be for ED to give us a Zone that allows for the rearm/refuel dialogue to work when a unit is landed in that zone. The rest can be handled by the mission designer.
A landing "T" texture to mark a landing zone would be a coil add on, but it would be icing on the cake.

We just need the option to open a refuel/reload dialogue in a zone we can freely put anywhere.
Together with "start from ground" for all helos and Harriers, AJS37 Viggen or any plane, that would give us limitless options for forward operations, improvised airfields and refueling points.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 04:35 PM   #3
SUNTSAG

Just as an aside the Mod works in 2.5 and also takes advantage of the single FARP. Cheers.

My YouTube Channel

SUNTSAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:02 PM   #4
Tripleinside

The Viggen has this... you setup an humveee and a refuel truck by the side of a road, and you can refuel rearm by the road side
Tripleinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:17 PM   #5
Mojeaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripleinside View Post
The Viggen has this... you setup an humveee and a refuel truck by the side of a road, and you can refuel rearm by the road side
Interesting! Can we get a little more detail on the set up of the Humvee and the fuel truck i.e. the USA fuel truck is the " Tanker M978 HEMTT" do we just have to inject those in the mission near the road or near by if using a grass airfield? Do we need to do any special triggered actions?

I think this is a great topic for the abilities of the Harrier!

Thanks in advanced
16th Mojeaux
Old 03-04-2018, 05:26 PM   #6
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojeaux View Post
Interesting! Can we get a little more detail on the set up of the Humvee and the fuel truck i.e. the USA fuel truck is the " Tanker M978 HEMTT" do we just have to inject those in the mission near the road or near by if using a grass airfield? Do we need to do any special triggered actions?

I think this is a great topic for the abilities of the Harrier!

Thanks in advanced
16th Mojeaux
It is a specific "workaround" for the AJS37 Viggen, by Leatherneck. The AV-8B Harrier does not work with it, neither do the grass-airfields, at least not yet.

Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
Old 03-05-2018, 09:23 PM   #7
Kroll

Shagrat,

Can you please what vehicles for the Viggen. I couldn't get it to work with the Viggen. Razbam can you please do the same thing.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2018, 01:08 PM   #8
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Shagrat,

Can you please what vehicles for the Viggen. I couldn't get it to work with the Viggen. Razbam can you please do the same thing.

Thanks
Have a look at the original guide:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=185826

P.S. ...and I would rather have ED implement a simple "FARP-Zone" than every 3rd party invent their own "refueling/rearming workaround". This should be part of the normal world and not related to specific aircraft.

Last edited by shagrat; 03-06-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:45 PM   #9
Kroll

I agree!
Old 03-08-2018, 08:00 AM   #10
flo57100

Yeah, having a REAL rearm/refuel zone is an old dream, but it looks like we will have to deal with the infamous and awful Aztec pyramid styled Farp for a long long time
flo57100 is offline   Reply With Quote