AV8B Harrier 2 weapons missing - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-03-2020, 04:08 AM   #11
johnv2pt0

Not that I care, but for posterity, the penguin is in game right now...has been forever I think. You can load it on SH-60 and they will fire them at surface contacts. I have used them in one of my missions.
johnv2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 01:58 PM   #12
pappachuck

Spanish Navy use Harrier with the Penguin and it is their only ASM weapon
pappachuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 02:08 PM   #13
pappachuck

The Harrier2 is a joint project between UK and US and even thought the USMC or the UK use different weapons their planes can employ all those weapons listed.
As I said just because it can use certain weapons does not mean it gonna be used.

We need to expand the Harrier 2 beyond the USMC its dumb having only USMC harriers
pappachuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 05:35 PM   #14
CAPT_Kirkpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappachuck View Post
The Harrier2 is a joint project between UK and US and even thought the USMC or the UK use different weapons their planes can employ all those weapons listed.
As I said just because it can use certain weapons does not mean it gonna be used.

We need to expand the Harrier 2 beyond the USMC its dumb having only USMC harriers
If we want to use the wiki for details on aircraft:

"AV-8B Harrier II Plus
Similar to the Night Attack variant, with the addition of an APG-65 radar and separate targeting pod. It is used by the USMC, Spanish Navy, and Italian Navy. Forty-six were built."

Similar to the Night attack variant. Not the same.
So the Spanish weapon systems are part of the AV-8B+, not the AV-8B-2 N/A we have.

The British operate GR-x model harriers which are, as the wiki says, "derived from the McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II." so again, different to the AV-8B-2 N/A we have.

Last edited by CAPT_Kirkpatrick; 07-03-2020 at 10:14 PM.
CAPT_Kirkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
loadout, weapons