NS 430 Enhancement Request

Loophole

I've observed a number of threads on the forum from people like myself who are encountering problems with the pop-up NS 430 display on non-trivial multimonitor setups.

The problem arises because the NS 430 pop-up seems to always default to the lower-right corner of the DCS World window, but on complex multimonitor setups that location can often be off the edges of the physical screen displays.

I think it only needs two changes to address the problem:

1. Have the NS 430 popup window persist it's XY location between sessions, and always redisplay at the same location next session.

2. Either add some settings in the DCS World options page to manually change the XY location for the popup, or add logic to the program to check its location against the physical display layout, to ensure it is actually on a physical display. The latter is probably a more complex solution, but would avoid initial user confusion and forum-searching, and anyone smart enough to set up a complicated multimonitor setup can probably figure out the right coordinates to put the pop-up onto a visible display :-)

Sadly, the NS 430 pop-up window is rendered as an in-game element, not an actual "Windows" window, so an external scripting solution like "autohotkey" can't be used to work around the problem. I have also examined the visible LUA script in the mod and haven't spotted anything obviously controlling the popup position.

You can almost achieve this. The display part of the NS430 can be mapped to a viewport, just not the rest of the panel (i.e. the bits you need to actually control it). I guess if you mapped *all* the NS430 controls (and maybe created a Helios panel for it) you could do without the NS430 pop-up panel at all.

I just added a Viewport to my MonitorSetup file; e.g.

NS430 =

{

x = 10;

y = 10;

width = 900;

height = 600;

}

then made the following change in the NS430_init.lua file:

purposes = {render_purpose.GENERAL}

--- MB customisation: ---

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")

try_find_assigned_viewport("NS430")

--- end customisation ---