[REPORTED] RWS radar stabilization and tracking loss

KungFu

Yep. That happens to me too. Also when it doesn’t freeze, if you fire a sparrow, it goes crazy after 1 second of flight and starts making ridiculous corrections. 60 degrees left, 2 seconds later, 90 degrees right. Completely unreliable. Funny to watch though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep they definatelly broke it

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

Yes that is this bug.

I had this weird bug yesterday for the first time in my little training mission, no scripts or trigger - just some AI units waiting to get shot down and get bombed. I locked my first AI airplane and it froze. Attached is a video showing the issue and a track file wich thankfully is also showing the bug if i replay it. I started the video recording as soon as i realized that i see the bug after locking the enemy airplane. this mission was opened and saved after the latest Open Beta patch.

Video should be 1440p soon.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

"BUG" or not, its not being simulated properly. Extreme roll should not have any effects once your locked on to a target.

For those who do not know radar operation and theory, this is akin to thinking that a flashlight rolled upside down would not be able to illuminate an object ahead of you.

Rolling the antenna is used for just a few things.

1. Guard antenna orientation (keep towards ground for sidelobe cancellation)

2. Keep scan pattern orientated in relation to ground.

3. Optimal Polarization so as to not receive more sidelobes than desired (horizontal polarization is more reflective off the ground)

None of these would lead to a break lock scenario. The slight increase in sidelobes is almost entirely mitigated during STT by range gate tracking, CFAR, doppler processing, etc.

Reading the current format, OB>Merge Live>OB and not hearing anything, I'm going to expect to cancel Hornet flights for some time now which is really sad and is derailing my small communities passion for this to the point we are moving back to the Harrier for the foreseeable future. No point in announcing Amraams if we can't get a radar missile working in anything but an instant action mission or direct PvP.

I've been disappointed before, but this one really really hurts. The last radar bug with late activated units was fixed silently in the background and not discussed. So far there's no acknowledgement it's been reproduced or worked on, which fills me with doubt and I'm concerned this will go to Live next week and there will be a riot.

No. This is not the late activated units position. you can unlock and the unit moves, relock and it freezes where you locked it. The fact that it might be late activated might be in play, but there's nothing on a template that is making that aircraft in the sky any different from another aircraft that began at mission start.

If it always happens with scripts that spawn aircraft, and the point in space is fixed, is it locking as yet unspawned aircraft (which are by definition stationary)?

Off Topic, but WRT the slow HUD refresh rate questioned earlier - that's as intended

Have the same problem, both in SP and MP.

Im sorry for my ignorance, how can we have a good working radar employing AIM-7, 9 in The Eagle but not in the Hornet. I know you cant just copy pasting codes but at least you know how it works generally in your own code.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Reading the current format, OB>Merge Live>OB and not hearing anything, I'm going to expect to cancel Hornet flights for some time now which is really sad and is derailing my small communities passion for this to the point we are moving back to the Harrier for the foreseeable future. No point in announcing Amraams if we can't get a radar missile working in anything but an instant action mission or direct PvP.

I've been disappointed before, but this one really really hurts. The last radar bug with late activated units was fixed silently in the background and not discussed. So far there's no acknowledgement it's been reproduced or worked on, which fills me with doubt and I'm concerned this will go to Live next week and there will be a riot.

+1 on all the lines

+1

I was suprised to see AMRAAM is coming instead of first fixing the radar, this is clearly a bug, there are several threads and video proof about it, it is not working correctly. There are hornet footage too I posted in another thread.

With this radar performance no hornet would never shot down anything. I had kills with AIM-7 only when someone distracted the target and I was able to fly directly at it. Plus the radar stucks on the edge bug is clearly a programming fault. Right now the hornet is no match for anything because of the buggy radar.

If this gets fixed I think we can live with the EA hornet and wait for the updates but in this state it is very frustrating to fly this plane.

I'll throw my hat into the ring as well, after the last update the radar seems exponentially worse. Has a lot of trouble locking up targets. I see a target clearly on the display, should be easy to lock up. Sub 15 miles, not on the deck, hot. Move cursor over target and click lock while in straight and level flight. Locks for about 1 sec then drops the lock, the target indicator in the HUD just freezes up.

Have not tried in SP yet but in MP this is definitely the case.

If ED needs a track I will be happy to grab one tonight... however I see that this thread is 6 pages in so they likely already have all the info they need.

Edited by BOSUNTHEDOG

AKA Gaffer

I'm just surprised there hasn't been any official response that this is a thing or being looked into. I've mainly been playing single player but I've ran into this after the update so many times.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Have the same problem, both in SP and MP.

Im sorry for my ignorance, how can we have a good working radar employing AIM-7, 9 in The Eagle but not in the Hornet. I know you cant just copy pasting codes but at least you know how it works generally in your own code.

From memory, I think this may come from ED's building the radar behavior from the ground up for the Hornet instead of using some of the shortcuts of FC3's radar model.

If you want to help, then provide the team with some tracks, please. Just complaining about WIP stuff not working is not gonna solve anything.

We did..tracks and videos..we are not complaining..we are keeping high the level of attention :smilewink::smilewink::smilewink:

This is Sedlo's eastern friendship campaign mission 4. You can see at the end where I attack the bunker and the airfield, then I go after some Mig's the target lock stays stuck on the first target and then even after I turn off AA mode and it shows up on the hud when trying to cage/uncage the velocity vector.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8z0xtu3vderit7o/test111.trk?dl=0

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I think we all would....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer