Can You Copy An A-10C Joystick Config Across Versions?

Hello All...

Rank newbie here just getting my feet wet in DCS. Seriously the most fun I've had since Falcon 4.0.

I've spent far more time in Nevada in the A-10C than I have in the Caucusus and as such, my joystick setup is more solid in Version 2 than in 1.5.

I gather from reading that eventually the two terrains may move in together, but for now can you copy a config built in Version 2 over to Version 1.5?

If so, how would one do it?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

FYI: I'm a CH Stick / Throttle / Pedals kinda pilot...

Edited by Emmy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

C:\Users\<user>\Saved Games\DCS open.Alpha\Config\Input (and then various aircraft) There's a folder for each input device you own (stick, throttle, pedal etc)

move them to

C:\Users\<user>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input (and then various aircraft)

or

C:\Users\<user>\Saved Games\DCS Open.Beta\Config\Input (and then various aircraft)

If you play the beta. Technically this not advised to do so, since it can lead to problems, but it's usually fine.

By the way it's the Caucasus, not the Balkans :)

Check my F-15C guide

If copy doenst work or if you changed hardware, this mixes up your USB ID's, then you have to 'Load Profile' for 'Category' under cursor.

You browse to your working input and load.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

A valuable resource on the whole "configuration" stuff, is under Programs/Eagle Dynamics/tDCS World/Docs/

There is a PDF detailing the setup and configuration.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)